'Ride It Like ya Stole It' slogan...does this phrase s

• 190 posts
    February 2, 2010 10:42 AM PST

"RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT."..

Ok,Ok...maybe im just bein anal retentive here but am i the only one who somehow feels a bit annoyed at the constant stream of biker merchandise with this slogan? This particular slogan somehow rubs me the wrong way cuz im of the mind that ANYBODY WHO STOLE A BIKE ( a pretty safe assumption i think cuz it sez...Ride it...) deserves to get his balls cut off slowly with a rusty razor blade for stealin a bike. Now im sure im probably readin too much into this phrase but this is just my worthless two cents...Theres a special place in hell for child molesters and bike thieves....yeah, im probably readin too much into this but i think its a pretty uncool phrase if ya think about it..
    • 190 posts
    February 2, 2010 10:44 AM PST
    maybe the biker merchandisers will think about this....then again, probably not...
  • February 2, 2010 10:51 AM PST
    I agree with you but I think a rusty razor blade and slowly is a bit to kind. I am thinkin torture till they can't take it anymore then nurse them back to health then start all over again
    • 190 posts
    February 2, 2010 10:53 AM PST
    Thanks Minion..for awhile i was thinkin i was the only one who hated this certain phrase..
  • February 2, 2010 11:00 AM PST
    That is only one of the many sayings that I find a bit on the annoying side
    • 190 posts
    February 2, 2010 11:01 AM PST
    gimme a few,,,,im pretty bored so im pickin on t shirts..lol
  • February 2, 2010 11:03 AM PST
    They used to hang cattle rustlers and horse thieves.......
    • 19034 posts
    February 2, 2010 11:06 AM PST
    with ya Sidetrack
    • 1 posts
    February 2, 2010 11:06 AM PST
    SingSing wrote...
    Thanks Minion..for awhile i was thinkin i was the only one who hated this certain phrase..

Agree with you SingSing.    But if you stop and think about, why would you ride a stolen bike differently than one you owned???  

• February 2, 2010 11:06 AM PST
    sure catch me off guard and with a sinus headache to boot. I just can't come up with any off the top of my head
    • 21 posts
    February 2, 2010 11:30 AM PST
    ya see, it's the rusty razor comment that brings validity to the slogan - I ride pretty F'in fast so as to not get caught if I knew you were waiting with a rusty razor, Sing!!!
    • 190 posts
    February 2, 2010 12:04 PM PST
    lol...thats not all i'll do to a bike thief. i'd willingly get indicted for something as personally offensive as that...no matter if it directly concerns my bike or a complete stranger's....
    • 190 posts
    February 2, 2010 12:06 PM PST
    Cathy wrote...
    SingSing wrote...

Agree with you SingSing.    But if you stop and think about, why would you ride a stolen bike differently than one you owned???  

I think youi'd have to ask the dude marketin that particular slogan on his wares...
    • 1161 posts
    February 2, 2010 12:06 PM PST
    Here in South Georgia there is a Car / Truck Dealership that uses, "Drive it like you Stole it" and yes it is anoying every time the dealership is on the TV or Radio you hear it. It's a spin off on, "Ride it like you stole it".
  • February 2, 2010 5:51 PM PST
    i agree with you SingSing. we have a apprentice Ironworker in NY,NY who just back from serving his second tour in Iraqu and he payed cash for his ride with his bonus money and had his ride stolen right off his dad's porch.He didn't have theft on it ,he figured he didn't need it.What a harsh lesson learned.It's a phrase that shouldn't be used so lightly.
    • 1040 posts
    February 2, 2010 6:31 PM PST
    patrick wrote...
    i agree with you SingSing. we have a apprentice Ironworker in NY,NY who just back from serving his second tour in Iraqu and he payed cash for his ride with his bonus money and had his ride stolen right off his dad's porch.He didn't have theft on it ,he figured he didn't need it.What a harsh lesson learned.It's a phrase that shouldn't be used so lightly.

Now that really pisses me off.  
    • 1780 posts
    February 2, 2010 11:41 PM PST
    For me I have a case of red ass for anybody that will take something that isn't theirs. These low lifes should go out and get a job, save their money, and by things like everybody else. But Noooooo these lazy ass holes don't want to work, they would rather steal from people that do. I'm telling everybody right now if I catch some Fu*& stealing my Dragon he or she will pay the ultimate price. If I don't catch them in the act I will start my personal man hunt, and I will bring hell with me until I find the worthless shit.

Dragon
    • 2 posts
    February 2, 2010 11:47 PM PST
    Not just bikes, theft in general. Thieves don't steal just material they take the hours spent earning the right to posses an item. Usually thieves get diddley-squat for the stolen material, The tool that cost you $100 might yield $5 - $10 on the street. The dresser you put $20K in might part out for $2K
    Sometimes they steal a hunk of your heritage. My old-man left us damn little but he gave me his prized railroad watch & I gave it to my son when he was commissioned. When my son was out to sea a thief broke into his apartment, took the watch, some C/D's, etc. When the thief realized the police were on to him he ditched the watch in the Chesapeake Bay. - Son lost his heritage & thief got nothing. (Did nail the bastard tho-, son had logged the serial #'s of his guns & police sent an alert to the pawn shops.)
    Besides "Ride It Like You Stole It" is really trite & boring
  • February 3, 2010 1:14 AM PST
    Different interpretations of the phrase, to me it means Don't look back, leave all your daily business behind, look ahead and enjoy the wind in your face.
    • 190 posts
    February 3, 2010 10:29 AM PST
    ok Flatlander...we just have to agree to disagree....this is an open forum. still, i hope the marketers take notice of how stupid this slogan is when ya freally think about it. thats all from me..ive exhausted this topic...
  • February 3, 2010 10:40 AM PST

My sons race dirt bikes in the desert and I always associate that phrase with desert racing. Like haul ass man! I think I'm with you, I don't really like the meaning for the biker crowd. I understand feeling like you have been insulted, I personally don't feel insulted, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe we can come up with a new saying, something like Ride It Cause You Love It!

• February 3, 2010 11:03 AM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    They used to hang cattle rustlers and horse thieves.          Yes ,it is cheap and the rope can be recycled for more days of justice lol! That is a very green approach come to think of it, they should bring it back!
    • 190 posts
    February 3, 2010 11:30 AM PST

My sons race dirt bikes in the desert and I always associate that phrase with desert racing. Like haul ass man! I think I'm with you, I don't really like the meaning for the biker crowd. I understand feeling like you have been insulted, I personally don't feel insulted, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe we can come up with a new saying, something like Ride It Cause You Love It!

Thanks Lady....i see we're on the same page..
    • 1161 posts
    February 3, 2010 12:19 PM PST
    SingSing wrote...

Thanks Lady....i see we're on the same page..

• February 3, 2010 12:25 PM PST
    CAUGHT SOMONE IN THE ACT OF STEALING FROM ME. NEVER SAW ME COMING, BOY DID HE PAY