The Dragon has rode the Dragon

• 1780 posts
    March 9, 2013 12:05 PM PST
    What a rush to ride this 11 miles of Mountain road with 318 curves with 18 inch Apes......WOW.
    Enjoy the pic's
    • 1855 posts
    March 9, 2013 12:18 PM PST
    Great shots Dragon. Ever since I made the run an old electra glide I've been wanting to do it on my old Wideglide. How was the traffic. Rice gets pretty intense on the Tail.

Peace
    • 1780 posts
    March 9, 2013 12:25 PM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Great shots Dragon. Ever since I made the run an old electra glide I've been wanting to do it on my old Wideglide. How was the traffic. Rice gets pretty intense on the Tail.

Peace
    Of course I don't have anything to compair it to , but it didn't seem to bad. I think today was kind of like opening season day.
    Man it was Bad Ass.....road it  up the mountain then back down again.

• 44 posts
    March 9, 2013 2:01 PM PST
    I have said it before and I will say it again The dragon is a must ride!!! What a rush
    • 44 posts
    March 9, 2013 2:08 PM PST
    Dragon great pics we will be there again this summer Jimmy is right street bike are all over in the spring and summer passin you at 60-100 mph scared the s**T out of me.just riding up the hill and sooooommmm around us.
    • 9 posts
    March 9, 2013 2:37 PM PST
    So...how much did those pic's set you back? Or did you happen to have your own photog, along for the ride?
    Awesome shots! And I know you enjoyed that. Whoo-hoo!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1 posts
    March 10, 2013 1:41 AM PST
    Great Pics Kenny. I rode the dragon twice so far and really loved it. If you think the Tail of the Dragon is something, you should ride the Devil's Triangle, not as many curves, but the curves are sharper and more wicked. Just one warning I don't recommend riding the Devil by yourself, just in case you run off the road and need help. If LeVere and I make it down your way we be sure to make it a ride. In the mean time check it out on

http://www.devilstriangletn.com/ />
    • 1161 posts
    March 10, 2013 5:16 AM PDT
    Very nice ND (Kenny) I just ordered mini apes 12" for my bike two days ago! Looks like a great ride! Thanks for the pictures!
  • March 10, 2013 11:47 AM PDT
    Looks like a great ride its on my Bucket List but I think I had better hurry my Bucket aint getting any younger
  • March 19, 2013 6:49 AM PDT
    that's a damn good ride and is well worth the experience if you like all curves.
    • 9 posts
    March 19, 2013 8:08 AM PDT
    Hey Kenny, saw the news about the fires up there, in Pigeon Forge. YOU OK?

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 24 posts
    March 19, 2013 8:59 AM PDT
    Wow, awesome shots and looks like a damn good ride. Hope I get to that level someday!
    • 314 posts
    March 19, 2013 9:14 AM PDT
    Don't know how i miss this, Great shots. I was going to do it in August but not too sure, how was the traffic?
    • 19034 posts
    March 19, 2013 12:27 PM PDT
    Yeah they are pretty good photos. How'd ya do that. And congrats on the ride!
    • 1 posts
    March 19, 2013 3:57 PM PDT
    looks better in Summer...much greener lol....but yeah been there done that...which says alot for a non resident.
  • March 20, 2013 1:34 AM PDT
    Great pics! Folks here plan to ride up there in June.. Ill be in Window Rock AZ working in a Indian reservation.... Maybe next time..
  • March 20, 2013 2:09 AM PDT
    Nice pics...good ridin' form...I'm jealous.
    • 0 posts
    March 20, 2013 6:12 AM PDT
    Good pictures! That road is most certainly a must ride for everybody at least once. Last time I did it, I had 16 stops in 11 miles waiting for my wife to catch up. LOL
    • 1 posts
    March 20, 2013 6:24 AM PDT
    GaryTJ wrote...
    Good pictures! That road is most certainly a must ride for everybody at least once. Last time I did it, I had 16 stops in 11 miles waiting for my wife to catch up. LOL

That's why I gave my Ole Lady loud pipes on her bike, if I can't see her at least I can hear her.

On another note, I believe Dragon should be on a Meet and Greet in his new neck of the woods, what you think Dragon you got another one in ya?
    • 1855 posts
    March 22, 2013 3:47 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

Just like riding thru Spearfish Canyon, there's a photo group who takes pictures; recording time, date, and the photographer or area.  I don't know if this what Dragon did but the TOTD does have the same thing and you can purchase pics of you riding.

Peace
    • 9 posts
    March 22, 2013 2:46 PM PDT
    Has anyone heard from the "Dragon", since last weekend? There were some pretty brutal forrest fires up in Pigeon Forge (where he lives) this past week. Several hundred homes burned or damaged. A lot of evac's. ???

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 5420 posts
    March 22, 2013 4:32 PM PDT
    Oh yeah, he's been around.
    • 1855 posts
    March 23, 2013 2:46 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Has anyone heard from the "Dragon", since last weekend? There were some pretty brutal forrest fires up in Pigeon Forge (where he lives) this past week. Several hundred homes burned or damaged. A lot of evac's. ???

Ride Free
    Tweek

I spoke to him on the phone when we were in Pigeon Forge.  He was taking a trip back to Texas for some personal business.  We avoided the fire from our cabin site and his place was well away from it.  We couldn't hook up other than by phone but I'll be down there again.

Peace
    • 19034 posts
    March 23, 2013 3:42 AM PDT
    Glad to hear all is well.
    • 19034 posts
    March 23, 2013 3:44 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

Just like riding thru Spearfish Canyon, there's a photo group who takes pictures; recording time, date, and the photographer or area.  I don't know if this what Dragon did but the TOTD does have the same thing and you can purchase pics of you riding.

Peace

That is my suspicion Jimmy. I was just wondering. They have a pro-look to them.