end of days

• 1 posts
    December 20, 2012 7:42 AM PST
    I know its only 8.40am at the time of writing this, but we're still here at the bottom of the world...still got 15 hours till destruction... 
    • 44 posts
    December 20, 2012 7:49 AM PST
    Just Keep us Updated
    • 1516 posts
    December 20, 2012 9:04 AM PST
    Boof said he is still here and all is well and it is tomorrow there..
    • 601 posts
    December 20, 2012 10:17 AM PST
    another hollywood myth to sell a movie.....bit like the "millenium bug" to sell computers. You're lookin' fit and well Jonesy, but who owns that sweet ass in the bottom left corner of your photo ? Anyway folks if the world go's tits up you are all more than welcome to pop over to Ireland, we'll survive anything !!! and unlike these muppets who stock up on food and guns and water in case of a "doomsday" situation....we got our priorities right.... lots of beer and spirits in the cupboard, and if you really need food, we got guinness. Happy Christmas all and a safe new year.
    • 16828 posts
    December 20, 2012 3:37 PM PST
    It's been Dec. 21st 2012 for a little more than a 1/2 hour Eastern Standard Time and all is well. :-)
    • 1 posts
    December 20, 2012 4:14 PM PST
    Rory who knows mate..the sign at the beginning of th path said something about Rattlers in the area...so i stayed on the path..away from crevaces and shrubs..beides walking out onto a ledge with sheer drops on either side...@over 50 nah.....thats shit is for young people.
    • 19037 posts
    December 20, 2012 11:12 PM PST
    Lookin Good Dude, and happy we all are here still...I was worried...HA
    • 5420 posts
    December 21, 2012 1:45 AM PST
    Well looks lie we are all still here. Now I just have to figure out what to do about the credit card bilss I ran up - just in case
    • 1855 posts
    December 21, 2012 2:05 AM PST
    Sure made for a wonderful night for Gypsy and me.

Peace
  • December 21, 2012 3:17 AM PST
    We stayed up having a few drinks from our special family batch of shine. I really would have been mad if I missed the end of the world light show.
    • 1 posts
    December 21, 2012 8:47 AM PST
    well its offically the 22nd now....stuck in the house waiting for a delivery...dunno whats worse waiting for a delivery driver or waiting for the yesterdays end of days...
  • December 21, 2012 8:47 AM PST
    I dont wish to appear to be a know-it-all but.....

The Mayan Calendar ran out at approx 8pm GMT (Greenwich, London, England) The start of the final day was recorded as starting at 2am/4am in the middle east...this gave a 12 hour window of solar radiation penetrating to ground level all around the equatorial region for approx 12 hours, in London this would have been from around 6am/8am to 6pm/8pm here in London...

USA : EST approx, 11am/1pm to 11pm/1am tomorrow morning, for other time zones in USA add the right number of extra hours...

Solar Radiation has been building all year and has been extremely high for the last week or so...this means that the magnetic field that actually deflects most of the solar radiation away out around the planet has not been able to keep anywhere near as much of it from reaching the ground...unfortunately today being coincidentally linked with the Mayan Calendar...

The Mayan Calendars last tablet foretells of the end of the world if thats how you want to interpret it that way...but...having half the final tablet missing could mean that it was the Start of the End of the world, or the start of a new era...

Solar Radiation could cause masses of new cancer cases to anyone who was exposed during this solar storm.....so dont be surprised if there are more cases of skin cancers and associated cancers caused by the exposure...

Now I like a good suntan same as everyone I know, but even though its the start of winter here I shall be using sunblock for at least as long as the solar activity continues, this has been an especially high solar activity year...

German Experts comments...
    The interpretation of the hieroglyphs by Sven Gronemeyer of La Trobe University in Australia was presented for the first time on Wednesday at the archaeological site of Palenque in southern Mexico.

His comments came less than a week after Mexico's archaeology institute acknowledged there was a second reference to the 2012 date in Mayan inscriptions, touching off another round of talk about whether it predicts the end of the world.

Gronemeyer has been studying the stone tablet, which was found years ago at the archaeological site of Tortuguero in Mexico's Gulf coast state of Tabasco.

He said the inscription described the return of the mysterious Mayan god Bolon Yokte at the end of a 13th period of 400 years, known as Baktuns, on the equivalent of 21 December 2012. Mayans considered 13 a sacred number. There is nothing apocalyptic in the date, he said.

The text was carved about 1,300 years ago. The stone has cracked, which has made the end of the passage almost illegible.

Gronemeyer said the inscription referred to the end of a cycle of 5,125 years since the beginning of the Mayan Long Count calendar in 3113 BC.

The fragment was a prophecy of the then ruler Bahlam Ajaw, who wanted to plan the passage of the god, Gronemeyer said.

"For the elite of Tortuguero, it was clear they had to prepare the land for the return of the god and for Bahlam Ajaw to be the host of this initiation," he said.

Bolon Yokte, the god of creation and war, was to prevail that day in a sanctuary of Tortuguero.

"The date acquired a symbolic value because it is seen as a reflection of the day of creation," Gronemeyer said. "It is the passage of a god and not necessarily a great leap for humanity."

Last week, Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology said a second inscription mentioning the 2012 date was on the carved or moulded face of a brick found at the Comalcalco ruin, near the Tortuguero site. It is being kept at the institute and is not on display.

Many experts doubt the second inscription is a definite reference to the date cited as the possible end of the world, saying there is no future tense marking like there is in the Tortuguero tablet.

The institute has tried to dispel talk of a 2012 apocalypse, the subject of numerous postings and stories on the internet. Its latest step was to arrange a special round table of Mayan experts this week at Palenque, which is where Gronemeyer made his comments.

I hope that helps clear up some misgivings people have had...
    • 5420 posts
    December 21, 2012 9:02 AM PST
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    well its offically the 22nd now....stuck in the house waiting for a delivery...dunno whats worse waiting for a delivery driver or waiting for the yesterdays end of days...

Glad you're still with us... As for which is worse depends on what you are waiting to be delivered.  If it's booze, cigars or something for the bike it's worth it.  Anything else, go for a ride and tell them to leave it at the neighbors!

• 5420 posts
    December 21, 2012 9:19 AM PST
    Ah, just figured out why the end of the world was postponed...
    • 19037 posts
    December 21, 2012 11:13 PM PST
    WOW all those words and it still didn't happen.
  • December 21, 2012 11:52 PM PST
    hey, what can I say, I prefer listening to experts, did you read it?
    • 44 posts
    December 22, 2012 1:13 AM PST
    well Jonesy We are still here I guess we got to go get the grone kids Christmas Now LoL enjoy the new year
    • 844 posts
    December 22, 2012 2:44 AM PST
    Experts :-) How can you be an expert on something like Mayan writtings?  All you have is what they wrote, no way to go back and question anything about it.  So baciscally an "expert" can tell when it was written and I "think" this is what they were saying. They are trying to make sense out of something written 1000s of year ago by people who could not possibly have any idea what would happen in 2012. Written in a time when they thought the world was flat and gods flew in flaming chariots.  You would think these intellegant "experts" would no hog wash as soon as they read it.
    • 3006 posts
    December 22, 2012 7:10 AM PST
    LMAO good post !!! Yep still here darnit!! I was so hoping for something to break up the monotony of this world.
    I am wondering how folks actually woke up in there fancy bomb shelters & said WTF???? rite before the wife n kids went off laughing insanely??? Talk abt feeling stupid lmao
    Any real research on the topic revealed years ago the event was to mark the symbolic return of the sun god.Yet so many were more then willing & able to twist the truth to suit their purpose,which was to make $$$ off the sale of books n merchandise associated with this so called event roflmao probably the funniest were the aliens would return n take over the world,yeah sure,who in their rite mind would want all that headache??? LOL
    Live Long & Prosper
    • 9 posts
    December 22, 2012 12:34 PM PST
    No one knows the day, the hour, the time...

The only thing we need fear, is fear, itself.
    And I'm real "skeered" of some of these doomsday pervayors....
    It's bringin' all the nutz and boltz outta the woodwork...sheesh

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • December 22, 2012 3:48 PM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    WOW all those words and it still didn't happen.

Yep, that's how experts justify their existance as experts.  I never listen to "they" anymore.  My x-wife used to quote "they" all the time.  They say this and they say that.  Probably more of a chance I'll get killed riding than dying from solar radiation.  But if "they" didn't come up with something to scare us, "they" would have to find real jobs.
    • 5420 posts
    December 26, 2012 3:20 AM PST
    I see we are all still here. Maybe they misread the calendar and it was 2112!
  • December 26, 2012 11:40 PM PST
    A friend of mine in Florida manages a bar in the Sarasota area. She told me that one of her employees was mad at her for scheduling her to work on the Big Day. Apparently she wanted to spend her final hours with her boyfriend...
    • 834 posts
    December 27, 2012 3:00 PM PST
    Well at least she didn't want to spend it with someone else's boyfriend
  • December 27, 2012 9:48 PM PST
    AzRider wrote...
    Well at least she didn't want to spend it with someone else's boyfriend

LOL - all of which begs the question, if she really thought the world *was* ending, why was she so concerned about going into work in the first place?!?  I can just picture the way that conversation went: "You mean the world is ending, and I have to WORK today??"  People can be damn scary sometimes.