Favorite Munchies

• December 14, 2012 1:31 AM PST
    I'm sittin here starvin and thinking  this would be good rite now.
  • December 14, 2012 1:34 AM PST
    Ok so here are my favorites. Ben and Jerry's, Nachos, pizza, chocolate cheese cake,
    • 19040 posts
    December 14, 2012 1:44 AM PST
    True (made in Philly) Philly Cheese Steak and Philly Soft Pretzels.
  • December 14, 2012 2:09 AM PST
    I had that last night for dinner. Ok not a true philly but a homade one with peppers mushrooms and Qeso.
  • December 14, 2012 2:32 AM PST
    Mine would have to be a rib-eye sandwich, and a cold beer.
    • 2685 posts
    December 14, 2012 3:01 AM PST
    (Fake) Philly - Chicken Philly, no peppers xtra onions.
    Stick pretzels and creme cheese for dipping, might sound weird but just try and stop once you start.

Not a munchie but almost any kind of MEAT!
  • December 14, 2012 6:36 AM PST
    ginger snaps.... freeto's with spicy cheese dip
    • 5420 posts
    December 14, 2012 7:10 AM PST
    One of my favorite munchie foods is a vanilla ice cream over a hot waffle.

For my all time favorite foods it is STEAK of any kind with a Philly Cheese Steak being at the top
  • December 14, 2012 7:16 AM PST
    This was incredible......5 burgers.....french fries....doritos.....chili....Qeso salsa...sour cream. Cook the burgers, fries and chili seperatly then layer in the above order. Now I'm hungry just thinking about it.
    • 1855 posts
    December 14, 2012 7:17 AM PST
    Ya'll are lucky. I'm so sick of food right now trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat as a diabetic that thinking of my "favorite" munchies brings tears to my eyes. But I won't end the thought with that..........Apple Pie, Chocolate Pie; both ala mode.

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    December 14, 2012 7:36 AM PST
    Man I feel for ya Jimmy. I don't know what I would do if something forced me to restrict what I eat.... I love eating and it shows. There is a reason the saying goes... "Fat & Happy"
    • 834 posts
    December 14, 2012 9:21 AM PST
    Chili dogs ---- good for any meal or a snack!
    • 85 posts
    December 14, 2012 1:22 PM PST
    I just had all my teeth pulled, couldnt eat anything but soup for about 2 months, I even missed out on Thanksgiving dinner! So at this point anything that favors food, looks good to me! Im hoping everyone stands clear at Christmas dinner, HAHAHA
    • 1855 posts
    December 15, 2012 1:58 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Man I feel for ya Jimmy. I don't know what I would do if something forced me to restrict what I eat.... I love eating and it shows. There is a reason the saying goes... "Fat & Happy"

I'm not always good at the restrictions.  It feels like being a kid again, "Yes Mom, I changed my underwear", "Yes Mom", "No Dad", "I'll behave myself".

• 16831 posts
    December 15, 2012 4:07 AM PST
    Oreos & Coca-Cola were my downfall.

Due to an accident, malpractice, medication, lack of activity, poor diet, long story, I ended up weighting 360 pounds.
    I am down to 240 pounds at 6' 3" I'm more healthy, my sugar and all other levels are all good again.
    My physical limitations make for slow going but I'm feeling much better.
  • December 15, 2012 5:00 AM PST
    I go nuts for fresh donuts
    • 3006 posts
    December 15, 2012 7:37 AM PST
    This time of year my favorite munchies,ginger bread critters,rumballs,sweet madelines,sugar cookies,fresh baked pizza bread from San Francisco,cracked crabs on the wharf w a good bottle of vino.:)
  • December 15, 2012 12:00 PM PST
    Fried egg sandwich heavy on the mayo or fried tater sandwich heavy on the mayo both cooked with olive oil salt in the skillet then sprinkled with red pepper or cheese or bacon.Yeap, this country girl needs something other than junk food.I only make my dried beef cream cheese ball once a year and its getting closer to Super Bowl time!
    • 1 posts
    December 15, 2012 12:33 PM PST
    Reece's peanut butter cups...They are a weakness but I hardly indulge...
    • 1855 posts
    December 15, 2012 12:41 PM PST
    Bitchy wrote...
    Reece's peanut butter cups...They are a weakness but I hardly indulge...

I hear ya.  Do ya think they can make 'em any damn smaller? 
    • 1 posts
    December 15, 2012 12:52 PM PST
    Nope I want the originals... Not the mini, or mini mini... or even the big bite....
    Jimmyacorn sorry about your dediabetes... I have a recipe I make on the grill taste like apple pie without the crust and no sugar at all. I am sure could be made in the oven thing also... If you are interested.
    • 844 posts
    December 15, 2012 3:05 PM PST
    Beef Jerky is my favorite munchie. Buy the big warehouse store box and take a couple paks to work with me every day. I love ffod you can take a bit of and shove back in your pocket.
  • December 16, 2012 10:09 AM PST
    Try this for christmas: Peanut butter between 2 ritz crackers. then put in a cupcake paper and fill with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until solid.
  • December 16, 2012 12:29 PM PST
    I do a lot of woodworking. Sanity work after teaching all day. This year, several friends asked for home-made items. I don't do it for the money - but I did barter Christmas goodies in exchange. My-oh-my - cookies, candies, breads. And I like it all.
    • 79 posts
    December 16, 2012 10:01 PM PST
    Taco flavored doritos