Packing heat

• 1855 posts
    December 12, 2012 5:34 AM PST
    The 7th circuit court over-turned Illinois law forbidding CCW

Peace
    • 16828 posts
    December 14, 2012 4:43 AM PST
    Another massacre in a "Gun Free Zone" today.
    First off my prayers go out to the victims, the injured, and their families.
    Second I pray to God that those in power will wise up and put trained armed security in such places.
    • 1 posts
    December 14, 2012 9:05 AM PST
    Hey Rev...our schools here in my home state down here in Australia look like prisons now...they are all fenced by steel fences. Chidlren should be in a safe happy enviroment at least at school. Armed guards..yeah that would work make it feel more like a prison. I am lost for words at the trajedy that has befallen student and teachers and their familes in Connecticut
    • 2072 posts
    December 14, 2012 1:50 PM PST
    I choose to carry a gun because a cop would be too darn heavy !!!!!!
    • 16828 posts
    December 14, 2012 1:59 PM PST
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    Hey Rev...our schools here in my home state down here in Australia look like prisons now...they are all fenced by steel fences. Chidlren should be in a safe happy enviroment at least at school. Armed guards..yeah that would work make it feel more like a prison. I am lost for words at the trajedy that has befallen student and teachers and their familes in Connecticut

If I remember my history lessons correctly your country started off as a prison colonly.

• 1 posts
    December 15, 2012 12:36 AM PST
    True but then so was yours, before the revolution..whats your point?I read your 2nd amendment today...can you honestly say that every citizen that carries is in a militia? No you can't..you guys bend the 2nd amendment to suit your own agendas.
    • 1855 posts
    December 15, 2012 1:42 AM PST
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    True but then so was yours, before the revolution..whats your point?I read your 2nd amendment today...can you honestly say that every citizen that carries is in a militia? No you can't..you guys bend the 2nd amendment to suit your own agendas.

I'm not so sure the Rev meant anything by his comment.  I took it more as a question.  But as for, "you guys bend the 2nd amendment to suit your own agendas", the Supreme Court (law of the land) defined/clarified the meaning of the 2nd Amendment which includes "states" rights and "individual" rights as a means of defense against a totalitarian government.

Walking that fine line of political discussion, it would be an extrememly difficult task to ban all guns in the U.S. without totalitarian action. Also, for those CF members not of this country,  the U.S. is inching ever closer to a Marxist society so I'll keep my weapons close while I obey the Law of the Land.

Peace
    • 19037 posts
    December 15, 2012 1:48 AM PST

Well Put Jimmy!

• 79 posts
    December 15, 2012 2:25 AM PST
    Last time i checked my history Georgia was the only colony that was founded as a prison colony.As for the 2 amendment according to Jefferson are rights are god given and governments are instituted among men protect those rights.
    • 16828 posts
    December 15, 2012 3:34 AM PST
    Jonesy1340, it amazes me to no end that someone that is so critical of my country and it's people would come here to visit as you do.
    We had a saying here during the 1960's and 1970's it went "America Love It Or Leave It".
    • 1 posts
    December 16, 2012 1:00 AM PST
    I'm critical of everybody, that my role in life..I'm also cynical too. But until you close your door to me I'll keep coming back. Its hard to find anywhere else in the world that readily accepts my life style...plus i like being educated on all things pertaining to the US.,..So Rev did you live in the haight /ashbury area in SF during that fun time? I have an account of what it was like from a female friend..I'd like to hear from a male point of view..
    • 1 posts
    December 16, 2012 1:40 AM PST
    Okay Jonesy... You have meet me in real life... I am 5' tall and 110 pounds.... Do you know what a rapiest see when they see me.... Easy pray... That is one reason I am armed.... Having my gun has saved my life... having a gun has saved a friends life many times.... Evil may use guns but more times then not evil sick Fu@%s will find a way... without armed citizen we are at the mercy of those people... Just afew accidents some might want to remember... The LA riots... Yes a AR would have put a stop to this action long befor the police did and how many lives would/could have been saved.... Kent state school shootings... That is where the national guard took down students protesting... 4 of them at far range... People kill always have always will... evil will always find a way to take out any and all that stand in their way... The people of the Usa have a right to defend themselves... It has nothing to do with just guns it has every thing to do with defending themselves against ALL EVILS.
  • December 16, 2012 1:41 AM PST
     ...answer this question to yourself. Would a crime involving violence be more or less likely if the suspect knew everbody was carrying a loaded firearm?
    • 16828 posts
    December 16, 2012 3:21 AM PST
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    I'm critical of everybody, that my role in life..I'm also cynical too. But until you close your door to me I'll keep coming back. Its hard to find anywhere else in the world that readily accepts my life style...plus i like being educated on all things pertaining to the US.,..So Rev did you live in the haight /ashbury area in SF during that fun time? I have an account of what it was like from a female friend..I'd like to hear from a male point of view..

During that "fun time" I was growing up in a tight knit Italian-American neighborhood in Erie, PA.
    I was taught to love my country, and work to change what I thought was wrong.

One thing I'll never put up with is a non-American bad-mouthing this great republic.

Gun-control laws failed Connecticut children

Facts of crime reveal shooter violated at least 3 statutes already in place

First, Connecticut law requires a person be over 21 to possess a handgun. Lanza was 20.

Second, Connecticut requires a permit to carry a pistol on one’s person, a permit Lanza did not have.

Third, it is unlawful in Connecticut to possess a firearm on public or private elementary or secondary school property, a statute Lanza clearly ignored.

Fourth, with details on the Bushmaster rifle still sketchy, it’s possible Lanza may have violated a Connecticut law banning possession of “assault weapons.”

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/gun-control-laws-failed-connecticut-children/

• 1855 posts
    December 16, 2012 5:53 AM PST
    O.K. people. We have to give our friend Jonesy a break here. I never felt that he was criticizing our country. Maybe I took it the wrong way but I don't beleive he was doing that. In my HO I believe he loves our country, every thing it stands for, and the freedoms it gives to all individuals; despite our sordid history at times and our most recent deviates.

Peace
    • 19037 posts
    December 16, 2012 7:58 AM PST
    rpalacios wrote...
     I was just wondering if any of you out there carry guns? I have a concealed gun permit but never take my gun anywhere when I'm on the road , but  I wonder if I should?  What do you think should I or shouldn't I carry it with me?

WOW!

Has this topic wandered from the original posting...

Let's get it back on topic and cool down a bit.

• December 16, 2012 9:31 AM PST
    Just a Limeys point of view.....

I think you should Stay With Concealed Carry, that way you don't know if someone is carrying or not, That way the person not carrying can remain anonymous..... (I shall never go to Oklahoma in future - open carry State)

Open carrying will make someone who doesn't want to carry stick out as an Easy Target .....

Banning guns will make a criminals job so much easier...
    CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS!!!

As a regular visitor to USA I feel quite happy walking down any street knowing that no-one knows I am a visitor and as such not allowed to carry.....

If you ban guns, imagine that scenario where every convenience store and gas station is shut because they can't get staff anymore, would you want to work there without a gun under the counter?

But hey, WTF , I am just a limey, what would I know about American Politics and Politicians and such.....

But then, LOGIC is my strong point..........
    • 40 posts
    December 17, 2012 1:18 AM PST
    Thanks Jetman for yours and everybody's input. I will be carrying my gun from on now all the time basing myself on the tragedy that occurred in Ct. I teach and I will be carrying , we have one officer on campus , have 3 security guard none of which have guns. If the officer is not on campus and there's someone with a gun....... I'm carrying it even as we speak. Thanks to all for sending in your input and comments.
    • 3006 posts
    December 17, 2012 7:50 AM PST
    From former experience with guns,I wish they all had true trigger locks tht only & only the owner could release to make it ready for firing,the end result being guns could re locked for new owners yet thieves n criminals would have more difficulty in using to perpitate crimes? and or sell on the black market.
    In your situation with the current state of affairs,it seems to me like a reasonable thing to do.As long as you exercise extreme caution with it I dont see the problem with it.
    • 75 posts
    December 19, 2012 12:37 PM PST
    I carry whenever and wherever it's legal... always... without exception. KNOW THE LAWS! Also, if a business bans firearms, I put them on my list of places that I won't spend my hard earned cash. Gun free environments are target-rich for criminals.
    • 1780 posts
    December 24, 2012 7:53 AM PST
    Wow it's been a while since I weighed in on such a up and down subject like this one. For those who know me I use to be quite a radical when it came to carrying guns. Well when I go to work I carry a Colt 45 ACP and hope to hell I never have to use it. I almost killed a kid one night on duty. This and another kid had just shot up an apt complex and I and another officer was located at an apt complex next door. The two shooters came our way and we steped out from behind a dumpster weapon in hand. I told the kid to get on the ground as I already had a bead on his chest from 8 feet. The next thing I know is he makes a quick move toward his waist band. I through he was going for a gun and came soooooo close to pulling the trigger on his ass. He was actually pulling up his pants so he could run. I believe God and God alone stopped me from pulling the trigger that night.
    Ever since then I just don't carry much when I'm not on duty.
    It's a decision we all need to make. Don't think for a second if you take a life your life will change like you would not believe. Even when I think about that night it makes me shake.

May God lead you with your decision
    Night Dragon
    • 1161 posts
    December 24, 2012 7:44 PM PST
    One of these days when I can afford to get one I will as well. Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.
  • December 25, 2012 1:42 PM PST
    Scary world, I just want to have a chance if the time ever comes. Not a violent person, but I am cautious.
  • December 28, 2012 10:38 AM PST
    I carry when I choose to and do so legally. In 1983 2 guys were breaking in my backdoor looking for the previous home owners brother. It was 2:30AM, I emptied my 45ACP into the kitchen door when they would not stop. No one died but both were messed up, one tried to sue me. Legal fees were acceptable, I was not charged and not arrested but they did take me to see the JP. I was PO'd for a while but my concious was not tweeked much, my family became more important to me than those 2 buttwipes who invaded my privacy. What NightDragon says has some pretty good weight, God will judge me when the time comes.
  • January 6, 2013 3:20 PM PST
    Topic of guns really stirs up a lot emotions.........