Tee-Hee

• 2 posts
    November 20, 2012 10:59 AM PST
     Flying Camera From Animal Rights Group Shot Down at Pigeon Shoot

Police are investigating an incident at a Berks County hunting club in which someone on the hunting grounds allegedly targeted a mechanical flying object rather than a living and breathing one.

SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness (SHARK) are in the midst of a campaign against the Wing Pointe commercial hunting grounds in Hamburg, Berks County and its live pigeon shoots in which the birds are shot down. SHARK began to use an “Octocopter,” a remote controlled flying machine with a high tech video camera, to secretly record the pigeon shoots as they happen.

The drone, nicknamed “Angel,” was recording a live pigeon shoot on Sunday around 3 p.m. when investigators say it was suddenly struck by gunfire.

State Police are investigating the incident. SHARK claims this is the fourth time the drone has been shot at while trying to spy on what they claim are inhumane pigeon shoots.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Flying-Camera-From-Animal-Rights-Group-Shot-Down-at-Pigeon-Shoot-Cops-179983451.html?dr

• November 20, 2012 11:13 AM PST
    that is unfortunate. duh what
    did they expect........?
    • 3006 posts
    November 20, 2012 12:43 PM PST
    Is there a humane way to take out pigeons?? LOL
    • 1 posts
    November 20, 2012 12:52 PM PST
    sneaky buggers....sounds like someone had fun...
    • 2685 posts
    November 20, 2012 11:00 PM PST
    Look at that thing, it is at least 5 times the size of a pigeon, how do they think they are 'secretly' spying on anything?
    I'm not a hunter and not big on shooting live things in general but how is it illegal to shoot a flying rat?
    • 19007 posts
    November 20, 2012 11:18 PM PST
    I think I have some friends in that club. Gotta make some calls.
  • November 21, 2012 12:17 AM PST
    • 5419 posts
    November 21, 2012 4:30 AM PST
    Now that is funny!!! But you would think with all them guns they could take that thing out of the air so it couldn't go home!
    • 16798 posts
    November 21, 2012 4:39 AM PST
    Here in PA we'll shoot about anything that flies by, well except the "Life Flight" helicopter. :-)
  • November 22, 2012 12:31 AM PST
    I AM SURPRISED AND HORRIFIED!!!!!

..... That ALL the shooters didn't get it!!!!!

One 12 guage or rifle would drop it ..... TWENTY 12 guage or rifles would fragment it...lol...
    • 2 posts
    November 22, 2012 1:36 AM PST
    Jetman wrote...

One 12 guage or rifle would drop it ..... TWENTY 12 guage or rifles would fragment it...lol...
    It was 500 (US) feet away - Bird shot not very effective much past 150 - Double that for 0 or 00 buck but few pellets and very sparse pattern. - Suspect an interloper slipped in a 22 (very, very good shooting) or the twit operating it crashed it accidently or otherwise
    • 9 posts
    November 22, 2012 10:34 PM PST
    It IS called a HUNT CLUB...No? For cryin' out loud. Take AIM, Ya'll. AND...DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • November 22, 2012 11:53 PM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    Jetman wrote...

It was 500 (US) feet away - Bird shot not very effective much past 150 - Double that for 0 or 00 buck but few pellets and very sparse pattern. - Suspect an interloper slipped in a 22 (very, very good shooting) or the twit operating it crashed it accidently or otherwise

Ah, had no clue as to how far away it would be...lol... but a 12 guage SSG would reach it...lol...

I think on shoots like that you should have someone with a high power (anything from the Remington .25 -06 upwards I reckon) to care of anything else that "gets in the field of play" ..... They did say it was a "PRIVATE" shoot didn't they?  Dont these intruders understand the meaning of the word "PRIVATE"?

If I am going out shooting I have a particular target in mind and once located I go for a quick clean kill shot, if the kill shot is not obvious my finger stays away from the trigger..... Mmmmmm, there is nothing like clean kill fresh venison.....

(I may be an animal rescue nut but I still appreciate the hunt, the kill, and fresh meat for the table), oh sure, you can buy it in the shops and stores, but hey, if you want the meat and you let someone else do the killing it will never be the same.....
    • 611 posts
    November 23, 2012 1:14 PM PST
    Damn shame they didn't have a 410/45 cal over/under. Top barrel is 410 shotgun and bottom is 45 cal rifle...
    Oh well, guess it takes all kinds...