gay bikers

• January 3, 2010 10:15 PM PST
    Would you still ride with someone if you found out he or she was gay. Say a guy or gril down the street is riding past your place and ask you if you wanted to go for a ride so you do. You go for a couple more rides and thats all it is just someone to ride with. Than you find out that person is gay. Would you still ride with them? I know alot of us say thay will ride someone on a metric bike or a sports bike or a black biker or white biker or a chick or guy what ever but does this acceptance go as far as having a riding bud thats gay? Just wanted to know.   Moose
    • 19004 posts
    January 3, 2010 10:49 PM PST
    WOW this is a tough one to answer honestly. First I have to say that I live and let live so what ever someone else does that doesn't harm anyone is OK with me. That being said I am not sure how I would react. Being a bit homophobic  and if it were a guy I would probably not ride with him. Now for the girls there would be no problem. I have several openly gay female friends and are very close with one couple. I guess that is a double standard but it is who I am.
  • January 4, 2010 12:10 AM PST
    I have in the past and will in the future - to each their own doesn't make them bad people just different points of view.
    • 1040 posts
    January 4, 2010 12:17 AM PST
    You are who you associate yourself with; and if your not you'll sure be viewed that way by many. So, if you don't care what some folks think; then ride on and I don't care what anyone says, all of us care to some degree how were looked at by others about certain things. I believe homosexuality is wrong and since I belive it to be wrong then how can I associate myself with it? Does that mean I'm a gay hater? No, what it does mean is everyone should live their life as they see fit as long as no one is hurt but I also have the right to dissassociate my self from that lifestyle. Call me homophobic if ya like, that's ok by me....It's your call Moose......Me?...No,I wouldn't ride; sorry if anyone is offended here but that's the way it is for me
    • 1040 posts
    January 4, 2010 12:22 AM PST
    Stella wrote...
    I have in the past and will in the future - to each their own doesn't make them bad people just different points of view.

That's it a nutshell Stella....Ride safe
    • 1509 posts
    January 4, 2010 12:27 AM PST
    I believe that you sould love the sinner but do not accept or love the sin.

Since we are all sinners if you restrick a person from rideing for being gay than you should restrict your self from rideing with a lier, a thief, an adulterer (which probablly eliminates a lot of bikers), and so on.

Do not expect me to accept your love style then lets ride. otherwise I would be a hypocrite.

alowatton (love oneanother)
  • g
    January 4, 2010 12:46 AM PST
    yes i would ,and no im not gay ,but id make sure that person also knows that im not gay, what diffrence does it make ?.i go out with girls on bikes ,sure they dont all want my bodie ,lol .
  • January 4, 2010 12:48 AM PST
    Tough one. Keep it to your self and ride. Then things are fine . I can not see me riding with a flamer. Gay women. you see it all the time nothing new there. I live in Myrtle Beach. We have 3 rallies each year( if you count the 3 day event in Atlantic beach which is generally attended by mostly black bikers) Female couples are no suprise . there is usually at least one couple at any given bar you walk into. there may be male couples as well but they keep it low key. I know both male and female gays. I doubt I would invite them to ride with me , but I would not run them off the road either.
    • 467 posts
    January 4, 2010 1:05 AM PST
    I don't put my sexuality on display for all to see, but it is obvious that I am heterosexual, since I almost always ride with my husband. I feel kinda uncomfortable with anyone that does though. Gay, straight, doesn't matter, they should get a room for that kind of behavior. In short--as long as they are just there for the ride, then it doesn't matter what they do behind closed doors.
    • 513 posts
    January 4, 2010 1:08 AM PST
    The situation has never happened, to be honest I don't know how I would react!
    Generally speaking I try to take people as I find them, so I hope I would be at least human about it.
    • 1780 posts
    January 4, 2010 1:10 AM PST
    Damn I told myself to stay away from this one....but that would be the safe thing to do.....never have been much for doing the safe thing. Here's my take on this. Now for whatever reason some gays act the part, and some you would never know. If some guy biker told me he was gay after we had ridden a few times and that surprised me, I wouldn't mind riding with the guy, however if I rode with him to a bar and he jumps off his bike and goes skiping into the bar like tinker bell, then when he came out I would not be there.
    This has nothing to do with image.....it has to do with confort level. If you don't make me feel unconfortable I'm usually cool. One time in Hollywood I went into a gay bar during the day without knowing it. After my eyes adjusted to the dark and saw where I was then I was out of my confort zone, and got the hell out of there.
    I suspect if a gay biker stumbled into a bar where there were 25 Hells Angles he probably would be out of his confort zone, and get the hell out of there !

I think most people feel happer around people that more or less act the way they do.

Ok that's enought on this subject

Night Dragon
    • 467 posts
    January 4, 2010 1:15 AM PST
    Yeah, gotta agree with that one! I don't think I want to hang out with ANYONE who skips into the bar like Tinkerbell!!
  • g
    January 4, 2010 1:30 AM PST
    ur on ur bike with them ,not having sex ,as long as he or she knows ur not gay then i cant see the problem ,but ive never been in that position.
    • 513 posts
    January 4, 2010 2:18 AM PST
    Skips like tinker bell.....that is funny!

You do realize that we are all worried about nothing since we are all old, fat and greybeards, we would be far down on their list of attractive people LOL!

I wonder is there a gay bike website discussing whether or not they would ride with the straight bikers......LOL!
  • January 4, 2010 2:32 AM PST
    I agree with Nightdragon (he worded it much better than I ever could). I can get along with anybody as long as they don't make me feel uncomfortable. If we have to deal with a lot of drama, then I would rather ride alone.
  • January 4, 2010 3:04 AM PST
    Maybe someone should start up G.A.B.A.T.E.?

I am pretty sure that I am straight, and pretty sure any gay man would figure that out pretty quick. If he or they wanted to ride with me, I would take that as a compliment that I must be the kind of guy that accespts people for what they are without trying to change them. If I chose to go for a ride with him/them it would be for the same reason. I like to ride with people who let me be who I am, take me for what I am, and don't have an agenda. If ANYONE I ride with starts impossing their agenda on me, whatever that agenda is, (politics, religion, drugs, swining) I usually don't stick around.

As a side note, it seems to come down to similar interests that draw us together. So, if their are any lesbian riders out there who need a leader, just let me know!

Jim
  • g
    January 4, 2010 3:30 AM PST
    im a lesbian .
    • 1509 posts
    January 4, 2010 3:34 AM PST
    An old Pilot sat down at the Starbucks and ordered a cup of coffee.

As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him..

She turned to the pilot and asked, 'Are you a real pilot?

He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life flying biplanes, Cubs, Aeronca's, Neiuports, flew in WWII in a B-29, and later in the Korean conflict, taught 50 people to fly and gave rides to hundreds, so I guess I am a pilot.'

She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about naked women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about naked women. When I shower, I think about naked women When I watch TV, I think about naked women. It seems everything makes me think of naked women.'

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a young man sat down on the other side of the old pilot and asked, 'Are you a real pilot?'

He replied, 'I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian.

• January 4, 2010 3:52 AM PST
    Well here is my 2 cents worth. Through the years I have had a few Gay friends, Black friends,Biker friends. They all had one thing in common. They where my FRIENDS. They all knew me and knew the boundries I will except. So that said. I treat people the way I want to be treated. So like Night dragon said start flaming and I will put your fire out FAST
  • g
    January 4, 2010 4:05 AM PST
    na chance min ,lol .safe dude .
  • January 4, 2010 5:05 AM PST
    Well like I state in my profile, I don't care what you ride, so I guess in this case I'll add I don't care who you ride.  I just don't want it flaunted in my face.  That will be a problem. 

Unless of course it's a chick and then she must be the lipstick lesbian not the softball lesbian.  In that case flaunt away baby!!!     I guess what I'm trying to say is, I support gay marriage, as long as both the chicks are HOT!
  • g
    January 4, 2010 5:19 AM PST
    got ur type..................
  • January 4, 2010 5:33 AM PST
    For the record....I'm not Gay.....but I do remember a very wise old saying....kinda goes like this.......“Let him who is without sin cast the first stone”  hey, I'm just saying, he's a lot wiser then we are........ :-)
    • 1509 posts
    January 4, 2010 6:12 AM PST
    For the record....I'm not Gay.....but I do remember a very wise old saying....kinda goes like this.......“Let him who is without sin cast the first stone” hey, I'm just saying, he's a lot wiser then we are........ :-)

i ALSO HEARD ABOUT THE LITTLE OLD LADY THAT WALKED UP AN CRUSHED THE CHEATING WOMANS HEAD WITH A ROCK. AND JESUS SAID AFTER MOM SOMETIMES YOU REALLY PISS ME OF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • January 4, 2010 6:19 AM PST
    :-)