Question for ya all!

• June 10, 2012 1:19 AM PDT
    You know how some of us have to be different at work, you know all prim and proper. I know I have to, have to watch what words come out of my mouth and have to watch the delivery.

I sometimes screw this up and piss someone off, depending on the topic sometimes I do feel bad. I always apologize, then think to myself "Man they have thin skin".

Anyhoo, what my question is (and probably really has nothing to do with what I just said).

If you were with me at lets say a MC rally or something like that, and I decided to attached one of those fox tails to my back belt loop. Would you tell me "If you walk around with that thing on, I ain't walking or being seen with you"?

Why are people so afraid of what others will think?!

The above did happen to me, and my first thought was "Damn girl loosen up". I ain't all uptight and stuff, and like to have fun. I take that comment to me as someone who wants to change me, and is embarrassed. This person knew my personality when they started hanging with me, and I ain't married to this person, so why are they all embarrassed. Makes no sense to me!

This person will still to this day after 10 yeays of friendship, walk up to me looking me up and down. Like they do not approve of what I am wearing, I hate that! Sorry I kind of still at my age like to show a little skin!

My only conclusion is that this said person is not comfortable in their own skin. And nothing I can do about that, but ain't going to no more MC stuff with this person. If they were my REAL friend then they would just let me be who I am! As I do with them!

Okay my bitch is done, carry on folks!

Take Care & Ride Safe!

TD

P.S.

Don't mind me, I ask alot of silly questions. Something is always working around my head. And man my black lab laying at my feet as I type this, just farted and I am now looking for the gas mask.......LOL

• June 10, 2012 1:56 AM PDT
    Everyone needs a time to let their hair down. For most of us hitting the road on the bike is the time to do it. When you hit a rally you go there to have fun and express the person you really are, not the one you NEED to be to match society's norms. If your friend is not comfortable with who you are and the fact you like to show some skin (What I thought Rally's were for!) then you need to sit them down, say this is who I am, and if thats not ok I will find some other people to go with.
  • June 10, 2012 1:56 AM PDT
    I'm confused was there a question in there somewhere? or was this just a bitch session? lol either way i agree with ya.
    • 314 posts
    June 10, 2012 2:00 AM PDT
    i would tell you how foolished it looks and move on. wouldn't walk away from a friend over something petty.  change your dogs food. lol
    • 81 posts
    June 10, 2012 2:28 AM PDT
    Do what you want when you want. Dont worry about what this other person thinks. Maybe even give them a taste of their own medicine. The big thing that I see in the post is the fact that some of you have to worry about how you dress and act at work. Guess I'm just lucky. I wear pretty much the same thing at work as I do when I ride. I dont talk or act any differently either. Oh the life of a construction worker.
  • June 10, 2012 2:36 AM PDT
    haha The things I do, You wouldn't want to walk around with me...lol
    • 658 posts
    June 10, 2012 2:47 AM PDT
    TD, 
      A REAL friend would tie a bell on the end of it, so you could jingle when you walk! Then just enjoy your company. As you know you answered your own question Kiddo. As for flashing some skin, as long as the love handles can't be mistaken for saddle bags it a good thing. lol  

I agree with Paula,   Change the food!        My Jack Russell used to run me out of my shop! 

Medic
    • 314 posts
    June 10, 2012 2:55 AM PDT
    bikermedic i am surprised a guy came up with the bell idea, lol
  • June 10, 2012 3:00 AM PDT
    LMAOOOO! Love the responses!

Don't matter what food I give this big old dog, he is just a farter! LOL

At his age I'll just deal!

Ride Safe!

TD
  • June 10, 2012 3:01 AM PDT
    Oh and I do like the bell idea.....lol
  • June 10, 2012 3:15 AM PDT
    sounds like a control issue to me,,,,and there ain't no handle bars sticking outta anybody's back unless ya let them!................Ride free,,,stay free,,,,,its all about me,,,,,,,
    • 658 posts
    June 10, 2012 3:50 AM PDT
    TD, Take it from a Paramedic/ Firefighter, Airpacks save lives!!!! lol
    • 658 posts
    June 10, 2012 3:53 AM PDT
    paulawest wrote...
    bikermedic i am surprised a guy came up with the bell idea, lol

Paula, Most Paramedic's do have a strange sense of humor. lol

• June 10, 2012 5:22 AM PDT
    Honey you put the tail on and.....

.....I will go fetch the collar and leash and .....

..... LET YOU OFF THE LEASH!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Whatever floats yer boat Honey, whatever floats yer boat...

Go do what ya wanna do!!!!!
  • June 10, 2012 8:20 AM PDT
    I'd have to leave this person at home, unless you assigned them to keep you on a tight leash.Lol.....If I told you that was the most shocking thing I've ever seen at a rally, I 'd be telling you a lie.It takes ALOT to shock this wild child ;-) Be yourself and let the friend find another playpen to hang out in their comfort zone.
    • 9 posts
    June 10, 2012 11:49 AM PDT

TearDrop...girl!    We all have to watch our P's and Q's sometimes, that's just part of life.  You get used to bein' a round peg, in a square hole... And I personally don't know any woman, who would be that catty to a FRIEND.  Unless she has major self-esteem issue's and just can't handle any unwanted attention.  It would be more "typical" of a man, to not want you "sashayin" in his company...In either case, these individuals need to lighten the F**k up!!!  I mean really.  Rally's are where, we as individuals get to go and show.  The bikes, our gear, or even our asses.  If they can't stand the heat, kick 'em the hell outta the kitchen.  And as far as askin' questions...there's no such thing as a stupid one, babygirl.  Ask away.  Even us milfs(lol), can learn a new trick or two, and askin' may be the only way to get the answers you seek.  As for the dog, well, my daddy taught me to put crushed garlic (a 1/4 teaspoon) in their food.  At least if they're still fartin', it smells like someone's cookin'...lmao  Yeah...good luck with that.  

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 601 posts
    June 10, 2012 12:41 PM PDT
    lets be politically uncorrect here................. TD, if your back end is anything like your front end...wear what ya want on it..it'll look ok to me !
  • June 10, 2012 2:14 PM PDT
    ROFLMAO!!!! I have seen worse at rally's as well, my innocent little tail ain't gonna matter. It will give hubby something to hold onto, so as he don't lose me in the crowd...LOL

Ride safe!

TD

P.S. Hey Tweek thanks for the tip regarding the quick fix on the farting dog issue! LOL
    • 1 posts
    June 10, 2012 2:33 PM PDT
    I'm lost...if you wear a fox tail on your belt loop..what does this signify?.....should i not buy a davy crockett coon skin cap then? or does that mean something else again
  • June 10, 2012 4:10 PM PDT
    Teardrops, I readily understand your plight. You see, I'm a preacher and full time pastor for a church. I have to always be extremely careful about what I say, humor I laugh at and share, etc. It seems those older than I expect me to always follow their definition of a proper dress code. Thus, my friends who know me and ride with me are treasures in my life. On the bike I finally get to just be who I am. I still behave in a respectable, but realistic human way. I love to ride my standard but sport bike looking rig in those twisty curvy roads.

Oh, by the way! Just because I'm a preacher doesn't mean that I don't want to be just a regular guy in the crowd. I've had a secular job career and have heard just about all of the language etc. I'm just a human just like you, and the rest of this world.

Those who don't approve of what music we enjoy, clothes we wear, or what we do for fun while being ourselves, just want us to measure up to their definition of proper. Little do they know they are just being prudes. I guess we are all a bit that way. Anyway, I bet you looked cute with your coon tail. Reminds me of Ted Nugent at the California Jam way back in the 70's performing Cat Scratch Fever.

Thanks for giving me the chance to vent :-)
    • 0 posts
    June 10, 2012 4:23 PM PDT
    Do whatever it is that makes YOU happy, let your hair down & have some fun! Life is much too short not to.
    • 3006 posts
    June 10, 2012 5:20 PM PDT
    I agree with most others here,do what ya feel like doing,it aint hurting no one rite?
    Just be patient with em,n who knows before long they may be asking for a fuzzy tail also
  • June 10, 2012 7:56 PM PDT
     Pretty sure that beast will miss his or her tail!
    • 9 posts
    June 11, 2012 12:07 AM PDT
    So, there I go again. Shootin' from the hip. I re-read my post, and yeah, it does seem a little harsh. I am OF this world, afterall, and I just get a little "peeved" when I read about someone bein' judged, for just bein' themselves. But, I AM tryin' to love on everyone, so I need to say this about that. If'n a person has a problem with you, about something you're doin', ask them why. And if the answer doesn't reconcile with your thoughts on the subject, just tell them that. We all are NOT the same. And I would simply tell them that. And if they are still uncomfortable,
    being around you, when you are just bein' yourself, then their not much of a friend to you, are they?
    I say, as long as you are not hurtin' anyone, by bein' yourself, then the only one you need to worry about? Is you.
    Does that make sense to you? I hope daddy's remedy works for the dog, too...

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 2 posts
    June 11, 2012 1:45 AM PDT
    Gad, lassie you do chat

Your friend did what friends do. - If you want to wander about, doing your own thing with an admiring entourage following you about, praising all your choices . . . . - Hire one

My wife's twin sister does not hesitate to tell her - "You look like hell" - "You're not going out wearing that are you?" - "Stop shoving me!"