Night Rides

• May 12, 2012 3:55 AM PDT
    Anyone else seem to be having a hard time finding riding time besides night time?  Work and family seem to allow only two nights a week of riding.
    • 1780 posts
    May 12, 2012 4:19 AM PDT
    Man I love night rides......out away from the city......and when you said "Night Rides".....I was thinking of "Night Moves"

• May 12, 2012 6:11 AM PDT
    I love night rides too! More concerned about wildlife gettin in the way but I still love it!
    • 1855 posts
    May 12, 2012 8:17 AM PDT
    Ah to be young again!!!! I use to love riding through the city at night. These days I don't trust my vision enough to ride at night. But I still got those memories.

Peace
    • 9 posts
    May 12, 2012 10:38 AM PDT

Read my blog:   "That Moonlit Ride..."

There is nothing quite like a full-moon ride.  Awesome.

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 601 posts
    May 12, 2012 11:44 AM PDT
    any time you can get on the bike is a good time, day/night...sun/rain, its all a frame of mind...throw the leg over...press/kick start...into gear...hit the road....you're in another realm and the world and its cousin can go f*ck itself.
    • 2 posts
    May 12, 2012 11:54 AM PDT
    When I lived near one Great Lake or another & before their shorelines were polluted with lights & beach houses thought riding near the shore line & watching the moon reflect off the water was about the best experience ever
    But back then a whitetail sighting was rare
  • May 13, 2012 12:49 AM PDT
    Most of my night riding is done going to and from a street race nowadays...lol...

2:30 to 3am turning up at pre-arranged location, set up the start and finish line, then race, then collect the money, then disperse before the cops arrive...lol...

As you guys call it racing for pinks... (we call it a logbook)... or just for cash, I never lost a vehicle yet...and have always taken the cash home with me......

Dont Ya Just Love A Good Sleeper?
    • 5420 posts
    May 13, 2012 1:00 AM PDT
    Yep , sometimes work and family and lots of other stuff do limit when yo can ride, so we take advantage of any time we can get to go ride. Laura and I love taking night rides in the summer time. Usually head out after dinner and ride through the canyons or down at the coast for a couple hours.

• 658 posts
    May 13, 2012 1:41 AM PDT
    When I work at the ER, I get off at 11pm. The ride home is the most peaceful way I know to clear my head of all I've seen that shift. The best is when the moon is full. Just have to watch out for the furry road hazards....
  • May 13, 2012 1:49 AM PDT
    Bikermedic wrote...
    When I work at the ER, I get off at 11pm. The ride home is the most peaceful way I know to clear my head of all I've seen that shift. The best is when the moon is full. Just have to watch out for the furry road hazards....

Yeah but...If you live in the South aint it right that todays furry road hazzards are tomorrows Casseroles???

Hehehehehehehee.....
    • 658 posts
    May 13, 2012 2:30 AM PDT
    Yeah Brother, Always leave 1 saddle bag empty.Ya stop quick gettem home and skinem to save the meat! That's Some Good Eatn Ya"LL..... LMAO!
  • May 13, 2012 4:01 AM PDT
    Though I wish I had more time to ride, I do love the night rides.  Out here, riding through the mountains is a blast and even better at night.  The roads are clear of all the tourist so its just me and the occasional animal out. 
    • 658 posts
    May 13, 2012 4:44 AM PDT
    There you go brother, it's all about balance. I ride to work as much as possable. That way I don't have to take my meds.... lol
  • May 13, 2012 6:55 AM PDT
    Hi all. I do a lot of night riding and love it. Mostly because I am riding home from work. I work with medically frail, mentally challenged individuals who often pass away. Night riding through the rural roads helps me to find peace and spirituality.
    • 1780 posts
    May 13, 2012 10:23 PM PDT
    I love it when the moon is so bright you can turn off your head lights and still see that road ahead. Makes you feel like your just flying through the darkness with no sense of movement.
  • May 13, 2012 11:34 PM PDT
    I've never ridden at night, would love to, but I live in the country (Illinois) and I really don't want to meet any deer up close while riding my bike. If I lived in the city, it would be different. Those of you who ride at night PLEASE be careful.
  • May 14, 2012 3:19 AM PDT
    Absolutely. After working a full work-week, getting caught up with house-hold stuff, and everything else life throws at you, it is hard to find the time to just ride. We almost have to plan on it sometimes. Personally night riding is scary for me. We have all sorts of critters in NH, and not all of them are small. I hear all the time accidents involving Moose and just this morning...a black bear. Yikes!!!!
    Ride safe out there!!!
    • 0 posts
    May 14, 2012 5:52 AM PDT
    Last year I was coming back from the Dakota's and crossed the continental divide at 3 in the morning. I saw one car in an hour and a half. Just a great ride. I love night riding.

second best would probably be cruising the Pacific Coast Hwy at 10--11 PM north of L.A.
  • May 14, 2012 7:01 AM PDT
    You will have all heard by now how nutty we are with the way we ride here in England...but let me tell you...on roads with no street lighting-like out in the country etc...We Ride A Whole Lot SLOWER At Night In THOSE areas!! ...lol...

We too have lots of fuzzy road bumps here...lol...and I prefer not to get blood and guts burning on my tail pipes...lol...
  • May 16, 2012 12:02 PM PDT
    Nothing better than riding out across the desert at night! Its a shame my eyes are getting so bad that im not sure how much longer I'll be able to ride at night safely.
  • August 8, 2012 1:32 PM PDT
    Wheels- Its not your sight, you just need a brighter head light.
  • August 9, 2012 12:21 AM PDT
    Here is the south we do it to beat the heat of the day
    • 2685 posts
    August 9, 2012 12:42 AM PDT
    Love riding at night. One thing I do have is a BRIGHT headlight. Cool late evening rides are the best.
    • 544 posts
    August 9, 2012 1:25 AM PDT
    Those new LED Lights seem to be a lot brighter than regular headlights but boy are they expensive. My thoughts are anytime that you can ride is the right time.