The Devils Ride on Discovery real or fake ?

• March 5, 2013 6:44 AM PST
    if it was a real club they sure wouldn't be making statements that could lead to an arrest, because recorded as it is gives permission to use the video . like making statements about what they will do to snubz .
  • March 5, 2013 11:22 AM PST
    Discovery Channel got it right - a show that is obviously fake to real bikers and we still end up talking about it! I personally can't stand the show but my husband loves to watch it (hey- I did promise 'for better and for worse'!!). Of course no real MC - 1% or not - would have a reality tv camera crew following them around, broadcasting their MC business for all of us to see. Just in Season 2 alone, here's how you can tell it's fake:
    1) Prospect of Sin Mob rides a H-D Street Glide but the scene where the LDMC 'supposedly' drug the prospect's bike - that bike that they drug had a fixed fairing and I thought I saw a square headlight. No Harley has a square headlight, so I'm thinking this was an old Honda or Yamaha that Discovery staged for the scene. Not to mention, Discovery (had this been real) would be assisting in criminal mischief, willful destruction of private property, and probably allot more.
    2) The scene where Snubz is asked to spy on Sin Mob - had this been real, he never would have accepted. One simply does not spy on another MC unless you are some form of law enforcement because, should you be caught, the chance of you being killed is very, very real.
    3) The scene where Sandman & Mad Max 'break into' an abandoned house to see what's going on at the Sin Mob clubhouse - again Discovery is part & parcel to breaking an entering! My guess is they rented the house so all would be covered by the legal & insurance departments!!
    IMO, just like Honey Boo Boo, this is a worthless piece of televised 'reality' junk that when my husband watches I end up reading my bike's owner's manual, repair manual or the new parts catalog!!
  • March 5, 2013 11:56 AM PST
    I can tell you 100% this show is fake. Some of the show last night was filmed at our track and the "race" you seen was staged along with the fact the so called "winner" actually came in last place but I interviewed for their camera crew as him being the winner. (I got left on the cutting room floor). The announcer was added to the clip after the fact as that is not our announcer. They said on the show it was 5000 to win when it was actually 500. Totally fake and made up.
    • 5417 posts
    March 5, 2013 12:10 PM PST
    IrishBob - Hey now be careful 'bout draggin' Honey Boo Boo in this. Next you're gonna tell me the Amish Mafia is fake too!!!

RaceAngel - Been waiting for you to jump in as soon as I saw that race scene!!!
  • March 6, 2013 12:25 PM PST
    PEDOPHILE - Yuck - and Yes, Syn Mob Fake and Devils gone. Prob be off air after this season.

Here are the details!

http://americanlivewire.com/what-happened-to-gipsy-on-the-devils-ride/
    • 5417 posts
    March 6, 2013 3:20 PM PST
    Sounds more like a great PR piece fed as a news story to keep even more interest in the show and more people talking about it... like we are .  We (meaning pretty much everyone) have all pretty much determined the entire show is a scripted show, whether or not ANY of the CAST members were ever in an MC or not.  Now they just have to keep building the story to keep all of us talking about it!

Marketing 101 - there is no such thing as bad publicity!

They got me watching just so I can make commentary on the mistakes, and they have you saming searching the internet for info about the show and the cast... ... so it seems to be working.

My guess is you will see several other CAST members (sorry club members) in the news.  Hell these guys need a reputation at least as bad as Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan!!
    • 834 posts
    March 7, 2013 12:45 PM PST
    You mean like the Robert "Sandman" Johnston arrest for attempted murder after supposedly stabbing someone during a robery that wasn't reported anywhere except for E! Online and TMZ!
  • March 11, 2013 3:10 PM PDT
    I cant even watch this.....looks like a bunch of over paid actors.
  • March 11, 2013 5:45 PM PDT
    I live a 1 block from Sinister Mobs club. It is in fact a real location, I've driven by and seen them working on there bikes. The funny thing is.. The Laughing Devil's club is no more than 300ft down the street. This whole show is staged and it's not worth watching anymore.
  • March 11, 2013 6:15 PM PDT
    me being from Md....had to wonder about a real m.c...having cameras following? don't think so...the last club I joined was the Boy Scouts...as far as the 1%ers I've had contact with...they respect my lone wolf status and I respect their colors...no problem...I got into a scuffle and ended up on the floor and the guy started kicking me...it was a patched 1%er that knocked the guy out for kicking me when I was down...these guys for the most part are decent guys as long as you stay out of their business...I was invited to party with them and they treated me like family...but...when it came to club business I was asked to leave...I had a chance to repay that favor and helped the guys out...I was asked to prospect, but respectfully declined...mostly because at that time I was loyal to fun, nothing else...but to this day, I could call for and receive help...it works both ways...I will not name names...that is part of the biker creed...patched or not...
  • March 11, 2013 6:17 PM PDT
    the devil's ride is entertaining....nothing else...
    • 5417 posts
    March 12, 2013 3:17 AM PDT
    Entertaining is right.  I'll be watching it and just have to call Laura over rewind it and tell her to watch a part that is just so ridiculous it is funny.

So last night starts out with Danny Boy having a meeting with Billy the Kid in a SECRET location with no one around... except for an entire TV crew.  Now Billy the Kid was the current Prez of the Laffing Devils when he just disappeared and was not heard from again, until now.  I find it hard to believe that he was still living in the area and was that easy for Danny Boy to contact him, BUT no one from the club contacted him when he disappeared.  I mean really, no one knew why Billy was MIA... the Prez of an MC just disappears and no one goes to look for him to find out if he's dead, got arrested or flipped on the club?

Next Danny has another secret meeting with Snubz who again expresses concern that if the Sin Mob finds out he is working undercover for the Laffing Devils he will wind up in a ditch.  So now that the Sin Mob has obviously seen the show, are they hunting Snubz down?  Or are they only an MC during filming season?

Poor Prospect Rob in trouble again.  Last time he was told to watch the bikes and screwed that up and the Laffing Devils dragged his bike around the parking lot.  This time he was told to watch the club house and he let the LDs take his cut, putting up as much of a fight as a high school nerd getting his sneakers stolen by a bully
    (anyone else starting to think this guy is useless).  But no problem the Sin Mob went to the Laffing Devils clubhouse and got it back for him... kind of like the kids parents going to the bullies house and getting the sneakers back.  Hopefully the club at least took away Prospects Rob's video games for loosing his cut and told him to stay away from those bullies from now on.

I can't wait for next weeks show so we can find out what old Sandman has been up to with all his secret phone calls and dissappearances.  Right now only Sandman and the shows writers know for sure

What really bugged me about last nights show was the fact the Sin Mob had a Charity Run and didn't list it in the CycleFish Event Calendar!
    • 1 posts
    March 12, 2013 5:48 AM PDT
    I am now watching the show just so I can read Lucky's review and know what he's talking about.

You crack me up Lucky.
    • 719 posts
    March 12, 2013 9:57 AM PDT
    watched the show for the first time last nite damm just sitting here tryin to think of where to start??????????????
    i dont know if they are real biker gangs but if they are so be it,,,,,,,,,,,,but i thought the devils were d--ks for going over to sin mobs club while they were out on that charity ride it really pissed me off that they would do something that low that was a slapin the face to our homeless military,,, and if a proby in a real club got jump and his colors takin he would have been the 1 fighting the 1 that toke them,and win or lose he would have got his ass kicked again and stripped of his colors and thrown out of the club,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and now back to the devils i have never heard of a club with out a president or a v.p.and nothing gets done with out a club vote,,,,,and to get a club house that was raided for a fight club weeks b4 any out law club would have got the hell out of there as soon as they found out about it.......
    and i will check out that web site Lucky posted
  • March 12, 2013 10:29 AM PDT
    Gee-wizz! THANKS LUCKY!!! yeah "everything" luck said!!! lol.. but did I miss sandy's excuse for not showing up to save the day as ricky racer??
    • 1 posts
    March 13, 2013 2:46 AM PDT
    Another great recap Lucky. And you need to get on them about not advertising their run in our calendar!
  • March 13, 2013 3:36 PM PDT
    They are a joke. The devils ride is a staged show. I live in the apartments right across the street from both clubs and watched them film the whole season from my backyard. The shit they say and do is a fake. Do you actually think a real MC would make a TV show? No. They only go to the "new club" once a week for filming and I am positive that this show is scripted. Its a descrace to real biker clubs
    • 719 posts
    March 16, 2013 2:35 AM PDT
    psycho1 wrote...
    Hi i think that they should think a head of time be for they do something like this show couse with SOA we all know it is a tv show but come one now really discovery channel you can get a lot of people hurt yes SOA dose say 1 % on some of there stuff and they are in real 1% area but they dont even menton the clubs that are around now what if a bunch of ha our any other real mc that are in that area show up and start up some shit with there fake as mc thats going to to turn some heads i thought they would lurn after deadliest catch useing real boats now i have lived in dutch harber and I know some real crabers hell my mom was one now she is retierd from it and rides on her bike but anyway at least that was just a pg rated verson of it. So I'm just waiting for the time a real mc club shows up and is like **** that shit give me those cuts she how much pride those payied for bitches take in them now

i think your 100% right on that ,but if it does happen we will never know cause they will edit it out until the trail
    • 3006 posts
    March 16, 2013 4:13 AM PDT
    Dam I would love to be there on that day !!! ya think someone will invite the press & news crew for the beat down?? LMAO
    I doubt it will ever happen tho,why risk going to jail over these inept idiots playing biker games.
    • 844 posts
    March 16, 2013 4:35 AM PDT
    Will never happen!

I don't really care if the Laffing Devils MC is a real club, was ever a real club or will ever be a real club.  It don't matter.  We already know the Sin Mob is not a real club because the name Sinister Mob Syndicate is trademarked by the shows production company. 

So don't really matter whether the Laffing Devils are real or if any of their members were ever in a real MC because just like everyone in this forum said everyone knows the show is set up and scripted, period.  I can't believe that so many people actually think there are real MCs out there that take this seriously or could even give a rats ass about the show.  They are probably just shaking their heads and laughing because they can't believe someone would write shit as dumb as this. 
    • 719 posts
    March 16, 2013 9:17 AM PDT
    butyou know they are lovin this WE ARE TALKIN ABOUT THIER SHOW thats what they want and they are eatin it up
  • March 17, 2013 9:11 PM PDT
    Hey guys, my Uncle is the current "Prez" of LDMC...He says the show IS fake. He says that it's not "scripted" per se, but set-up, staged, and/or directed..SMS is a made for TV bike club but the Devils WERE real before (not so much now). He's a dick sometimes about it because he's under "contract" not to give the show away..haha..But I pick at him for details. They WERE informed that the show would be portraying them in a different light but was edited to hell. But whatever, they're paid, you're amused, hater or lover, everyone here is talking about it so Discovery Channel wins, right? All in all, Devils are real, but the show is not.
    • 844 posts
    March 18, 2013 2:15 AM PDT
    Which one is your Uncle?
  • March 18, 2013 7:51 AM PDT
    The bald one.
    • 5417 posts
    March 18, 2013 8:05 AM PDT
    So I guess that means that Danny Boy is going to take over as Prez!!!! Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with Sandman when that happens. Oh the drama :-)