Where are all of the Most Motorcycle Events

• 5420 posts
    April 7, 2012 6:23 AM PDT
    Based on the number of total events entered into our calendar so far for 2012, here are the top ten states with the most motorcycle events. This includes ALL events... Rallies, Bike Shows, M/C Swap Meets, Poker Runs, etc...

(from the state with the most events first)
    1. California
    2. Texas
    3. Florida
    4. North Carolina
    5. Pennsylvania
    6. Ohio
    7. Illinois
    8. Michigan
    9. New York
    10. Indiana

And the 10 states with the least amount of events....
    (from the state with the least amount first)
    1. Hawaii
    2. Alaska
    3. Wyoming
    4. North Dakota
    5. South Dakota
    6. Maine
    7. Rhode Island
    8. Delaware
    9. Vermont
    10. Idaho
  • April 7, 2012 6:26 AM PDT
    Is that in majority order Lucky?
    • 7 posts
    April 7, 2012 11:47 AM PDT
    Really? CA the most? I am surprised they've not yet outlawed or regulated them to death ;-)

Hum... seems the 'most list' correlates rather closely with best weather... Guess that kind'a figures.

Interesting. Thanks Lucky!!
    • 601 posts
    April 7, 2012 12:09 PM PDT
    I could put the Irish events up or Jetman could do the Brit ones but not much point...but if any of yous are coming this side of the stream give a mail, theres something going on in Ireland every week and being a small place, its easy access....
    • 5420 posts
    April 7, 2012 12:15 PM PDT
    Actually Scott, you're right as far as rallies go. California has made it really hard to permit real bike rallies, so most of what is in the calendar are poker runs and such. Same with Florida, they have lots of rides and runs and of course the big commercialized motorcycle events, but very few real bike rallies.

For multi-day real old school biker rallies Texas leads the way followed by North Carolina. They seam to know how to party and don't have that much of a problem getting permits to do so.

As for out west here, we are kind of screwed when it comes to rallies real old school biker rallies. We've got the Redwood Run (CA), Run 21 (OR), and Too Broke for Sturgis (AZ).
    • 844 posts
    April 7, 2012 3:36 PM PDT
    Interesting. CA, TX, and FL were kind of a no brainer - great weather and lots of bikes. Some of the others kind of surprised me though.

And yes we do have a lot of rallies down here in Texas, maybe too many. Lots of folks saw how popular the rallies were so any one with a big piece of land (or access to one) decided to start their own rallies. This kind of hurts some of the existing rallies since most people can only make it to a couple rallies a year. Then if you went and checked out on of the new ones and it was a dud, you wasted your vacation time and your money.

But I can tell you that we do have some of the best old school biker parties anywhere.  Maybe not as big as Daytona, but we don't stay in hotels and drink just in the bars.  When we have a party everything, and I mean EVERYTHING happens right there.
    • 7 posts
    April 8, 2012 5:08 AM PDT
    Got'ch ya Lucky. Figures. CA has REALLY made it hard to do anything even slightly "out of the norm". Bummer

( Trying to suppress the urge to complain about freedoms lost - and activities in which I can no longer participate - not because they are outright banned. Just over regulated, over controled, and/or license fee'd to death. )

• April 8, 2012 5:55 AM PDT
    rory1 wrote...
    I could put the Irish events up or Jetman could do the Brit ones but not much point...but if any of yous are coming this side of the stream give a mail, theres something going on in Ireland every week and being a small place, its easy access....

Yup, too true mate.....lol.....

Here in Britain we have a "Biker" Rally/Event EVERY weekend of the year!!!  Depends how far you want to travel..."Frozen Nuts Rally" was always held on the 1st weekend of the year in Stafford  - Bikes ONLY Allowed Through The Gates!!! - on the very snowy years we used to pile the snow up the sides of the tent...lol...keeps the heat in brilliantly...lol...only one problem with it---Keeps the beer farts in too!!!!!

These are pictures from the 2012 "Frozen Nuts" Rally ...

Unfortunately, due to the injuries I have had I have not been to this one for the last 11 years...
    These pictures are from the 26th "Frozen Nuts" Rally..... "2012"

It used to be a favourite of mine...

Any of you lot over the pond do proper rallies like this one over there?

...lol...

Makes me laugh when people say "Rally Season Is Nearly Here" ...lol...

That must have sounded a bit sarcastic...lol...

• 844 posts
    April 8, 2012 7:29 AM PDT
    It did sound very sarcastic... Just went back and looked and there were over 700 events listed just in the CF calendar from Nov - Jan. So I guess we are super cool too!
    • 834 posts
    April 8, 2012 7:52 AM PDT
    Think I would rather wait for rally season and have some nice weather to enjoy myself and the rally. Got nothin to prove by freezing my ass of!
  • April 8, 2012 7:56 AM PDT
    Ummm, guys...lol...It was just Fog Breathing Limey humour, or something similar to humour ... thats all...lol...
    • 19037 posts
    April 9, 2012 12:52 AM PDT
    Man Jetman, I guess this old dog is too much of a wuss for that kind of riding / camping. I have ridden in cold but not snow and never will. More brass than me. KUDOS!
    • 567 posts
    April 9, 2012 1:58 AM PDT
    Yep. Here in Florida, you can find a dozen benefit rides every weekend and there are also poker runs galore. And, although I've done a few poker runs, I find that most of them go from bar to bar and I really don't care to ride with people who are drinking all day long. We also have some pretty decent weekend bike fests. Not only the two Daytona events, there's Leesburg, Cotee River, Thunder on the Bay and many others just in my area of the state.
    Florida is definitely not hurting for things to do that are motorcycle related.
  • April 9, 2012 1:59 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Man Jetman, I guess this old dog is too much of a wuss for that kind of riding / camping. I have ridden in cold but not snow and never will. More brass than me. KUDOS!

Naaa mate, nothing to do with brass, over here we generally have riding weather, or regard it as riding weather all year, rain and snow only come into it when you are going to a particular rally and will be there with bro' and friends from many clubs over many years, then its PARTY ON.....but otherwise if its snowing we leave it in the garage...lol...it aint the winter riding that is fun - its the party with friends that matters...sure we freeze on the way there, freeze while there, freeze on the way home.....But What A Party Eh?
    • 1 posts
    April 9, 2012 3:30 AM PDT
    Neriga NSW winter rally...
  • April 9, 2012 10:40 AM PDT
    Yeah, there are certainly lots of rides and runs here in California. I would have thought that Hawaii would have more and not be last on the list. When I was there I saw tons of bikes everywhere!
    • 5420 posts
    April 9, 2012 10:48 AM PDT
    SST, that always amazed me too that we have no events listed in Hawaii. I have met people from there that tell me they have 'em, but I just don't know where. We list a lot of the events on the site ourselves and we know a lot of the promoters and groups that put them on (at least on the mainland), so it's easy for us to get the info.
    • 601 posts
    April 9, 2012 11:27 AM PDT
    GoFur wrote...
    It did sound very sarcastic... Just went back and looked and there were over 700 events listed just in the CF calendar from Nov - Jan. So I guess we are super cool too!

Texas is definatly cool for bike bash's....I remember  ( a little) going to a bike rally outside Armarillo a few years back...strictly a one day event...it started on Friday and finished on Tuesday !!! you Texans can party, I made a lot of good friends there, just can't remember them, but like the man said...
    "I'll be back"

The best thing about Irish (and Brit) rallys is you get to hear a lot of new bands playing, as sometimes its the only venue they might get and they're cheap for the clubs to hire... I was at one in Galway back in the late 70's....and this group came on,  everyone thought they were crap................ U2 !!! ...at a rock night last week we heard a band that might just make it....

Crow Black Chicken..

• 601 posts
    April 9, 2012 11:39 AM PDT

cool video....cool bikes....cool scenery....where in the name of sweet mother did they get the Music from !!

• 5420 posts
    April 9, 2012 11:44 AM PDT
    Yeah, I got to go down and spend the spring in Texas on year!
    • 1 posts
    April 9, 2012 12:03 PM PDT
    Biker rally. Dungog NSW, Australia.

The rally is in Mid may every year, Bike and custom car show bands, adult entertainment at night..Uni cycle drags Demo derby and fireworks, Tatt Show..theevent caters for all types of bikers, burn out comp bikes n cars...and is licenced on site. 
  • April 10, 2012 9:33 AM PDT
    Hey Rory.....I was over a good few years ago to watch a band, maybe 1970/71 or 72 .....I saw them playing in Dublin and then in or close to Shannon (Southill, Limerick).....The band was "Darag Doom" I think...cant remember, maybe that was a title of a track they did....
    • 601 posts
    April 10, 2012 10:24 AM PDT
    they were called the "Horslips" jetman....mental Celtic rock band of the 70's...only caught the end of them meself, they re-formed last year and got some great reviews, but listening to the lads who were fans back in the day...."the music isn't as hard and the drugs aren't as soft", you had to be there at the time maybe to catch that special vibe...

• 80 posts
    April 11, 2012 1:34 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Actually Scott, you're right as far as rallies go. California has made it really hard to permit real bike rallies, so most of what is in the calendar are poker runs and such. Same with Florida, they have lots of rides and runs and of course the big commercialized motorcycle events, but very few real bike rallies.

For multi-day real old school biker rallies Texas leads the way followed by North Carolina. They seam to know how to party and don't have that much of a problem getting permits to do so.

As for out west here, we are kind of screwed when it comes to rallies real old school biker rallies. We've got the Redwood Run (CA), Run 21 (OR), and Too Broke for Sturgis (AZ).

There are no Old School biker events in Virginia.  The laws in this state are those made by the puritans and pilgrams.  If you are a high dollar biker of the HOG chapters and want to risk a LEO confrontation there are parties in big cities and high dollar establishments/lodging.  I ride to NC, MD or PA for nearby old school events and parties.