Sometimes I hate summer...(says the bike-less, biker)

• 9 posts
    March 31, 2012 9:40 AM PDT

So...I'm chattin' with a friend on "that other social network", and she casually mentions, how some of the regulars, don't seem to be around here, much anymore. (Here, meaning Cyclefish..) She wonders if they've wondered off, to "another site".  And me, having been thru this before, (Cause this is my second season, without a bike) tells her, that NO, I don't think anyone has bailed.  I tell her, how everyday the weather is gettin' better and better.  All over the country.  Even in the (formerly) snowbound states. And if she had her own bike, (which she's workin' on), wouldn't SHE be out ridin', instead of chained to this infernal contraption, just to keep our minds(?) occupied???  Cause, I KNOW I WOULD BE.  And you would prolly not hear much from me, other than a nightly or maybe weekly, check-in, to make sure all of my lil' fishy's are doin' ok.  I wouldn't be spending the inordinate ammount of time, that I currently am, on this, or any other site, I can tell ya that!!!  Now, don't get me wrong.  I luvs all Ya'll with a passion, K?  Just not quite the same as the passion for ridin'.  But I don't need to tell YOU that...duz I? 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

P.S. Pray I get a bike, SOON!!!  PLEEZE?

• 1516 posts
    March 31, 2012 10:38 AM PDT
    No you don't have to tell us that, and I agree. I am going to do what I can to get my own this year.. hopefully really soon. Love Cyclefish, but I would rather be riding!!!!!
  • March 31, 2012 11:05 AM PDT

I ride, almost every day, some days I dont know when to come home, some days I dont come home... No-one to miss me so no biggie.....

But just at the moment with the pains in my left leg worse at the moment I cant grip the tank with my knee too well, so its been mainly the trikes over winter...

Nowadays with getting older and no wiser I find I am riding the 4-wheel-sickle too often as well...but today I spent the whole day checking every nut bolt and washer on my Harley, found 2 that needed correcting-now corrected!  checked tyres and tyre pressures, checked oils and lubes, checked plugs, checked carbs, put the freshly charged - winter flattened battery back on and cranked it up.....and yes -of course- it burst into life immediately.....

Left it on choke for close to a minute just to let the neighbours know its the start of the Harleys year, few spit backs and backfires but thats just the dirty fuel kicking back...lol...wakes the F***** neighbours up, and I like that - and thats important, reminds them that the life here aint just theirs, with their sh*t music blaring out day after day...

Tomorrow is another day, a day for taking her first blast of the year.....I shall be allowing it to warm up and stand while I kit up and lock back the garage it lives in ..... Then I shall abuse that poor thing badly, I shall eat a few miles of road each way just to feel the buzz, just to put that familiar smile back on my face...yeah...You know the smile I mean.....

Hey Tweek, jealous yet?

Go on honey, sling some abuse my way.....lol.....

Hey, I cant help being me ...lol...Y'know...

• 9 posts
    March 31, 2012 12:38 PM PDT
    Why would I possibly abuse you for doin' what comes natural to you, and most of the rest of us, eh?

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • March 31, 2012 1:12 PM PDT
    Best to all you looking for a bike!!

I've been cageless for about 4 yrs & just acquired a POS 96 Geo Metro which during the rain and cold has been a nice change. I miss riding. Next week I plan on parking LittleG & hopping back on the bike full time. I work out in the rain so it's not like I'm not going to be dressed for it anyhow. I just hate riding thru our construction yard with all the rocks, gravel & equipment in the dark. I don't even like doing it in the car.

It's finally gettin light in the AM so VROOOOM

• 1 posts
    March 31, 2012 1:21 PM PDT
    I'll have a Vulcan 1500 for sale in late August if anyones interested. It could be anywhere from Sioux Falls to Los Angeles..depending on where i am when its time to head home. Cheap too...asking only 3k...with Pa tags, papaers and absolutely no leans...
    • 0 posts
    March 31, 2012 2:01 PM PDT
    Anybody have any suggestions on a good first mc for a will-be rider? Don't wanna bite off more than I can chew & I think the 79 sportster in my garage my be a bit much to take a first try on. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    • 9 posts
    March 31, 2012 2:20 PM PDT
    Anybody have any suggestions on a good first mc for a will-be rider? Don't wanna bite off more than I can chew & I think the 79 sportster in my garage my be a bit much to take a first try on. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hey friendsallover,
    Don't think that way.  Take the safety course, get your endorsement, and that 79, is an AWESOME first bike!!!  If you take the MSF course, thru a
    Harley Dealership, they'll put you on a Buell anyways, which is a 1200.  I believe the 79 is only 1000cc's.  It'll be a step down, motor wise and quite a comfortable transition.  If the Sportster is in good shape, and has been taken care of, I believe you'll fall in love with it, like I did, my first Sportster.

Whereever you take the safety course, on whatever bike they provide, once you've had that training, your confidence will grow, and the 79 won't seem
    as daunting to you.  Trust me, girl...your gonna LOVE IT!!!

Good Hunting.

Ride Free
    Tweek

• 823 posts
    March 31, 2012 2:44 PM PDT
     Yea, I have been out riding.  Caught a few bugs today...............
  • March 31, 2012 5:39 PM PDT
    I agree with Tweek. Give the Sporty a chance. You won't regret it, I promise.
  • March 31, 2012 5:39 PM PDT
    I love my Fat Boy but I still miss my Sporty <sigh>.
    • 0 posts
    March 31, 2012 6:50 PM PDT
    THAT OLD IRONHEAD WILL SERVE YOU WELL AND TEACH YOU HOW TO BE A BIKER..
    CHEERS BOOF
    • 567 posts
    March 31, 2012 10:28 PM PDT
    Even for Florida, its been a mild winter this year and I've logged a lotta miles on the Nomad. Just yesterday, my bride and I rode over to Tampa for some demo rides on a Can-Am Spyder. She's gotten her MC endorsement and we are casually looking around. She told me she's not sure if she wants her own bike. She said she LIKES being with me on the Nomad. So I told her with her own bike we could ride side-by-side but, anytime she wanted, we could still ride two-up.
    I'm not sure how its all gonna play out. But we sure do love being on two wheels .. especially with the great riding weather we've got right now.
  • April 1, 2012 12:43 AM PDT
    SolarBill wrote...
    Even for Florida, its been a mild winter this year and I've logged a lotta miles on the Nomad. Just yesterday, my bride and I rode over to Tampa for some demo rides on a Can-Am Spyder. She's gotten her MC endorsement and we are casually looking around. She told me she's not sure if she wants her own bike. She said she LIKES being with me on the Nomad. So I told her with her own led bike we could ride side-by-side but, anytime she wanted, we could still ride two-up.
    I'm not sure how its all gonna play out. But we sure do love being on two wheels .. especially with the great riding weather we've got right now.

Have a couple mine.....thanks all for your input...... It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
    • 1855 posts
    April 1, 2012 2:09 AM PDT
    I need an attitude adjustment. I find it difficult to get on the bike just to go for a short putt. Retirement has spoiled me I guess. I need more than a short putt these days. Back in the day (of my youth) nothing would stop me from riding, even if it was just to go around the block. Now it's too windy, too damp, too cold. Plus, I've had all this sheite to do around the old homestead so we CAN take off in a couple of weeks.

Oh, we've taken to putting in 4 to 5 hours riding time when it's been so nice so I'm thinking it's just the seasonal winter blahs gettin' to me. But I definitely never hate summer. I guess because I don't recall ever being without a motorcycle.
    Sorry.

Peace