How do you pick up a dropped bike?

• March 25, 2012 1:57 PM PDT
    Lola,

I thought one of the biggest things the HD Ladies Garage Night did was demonstrating this technique that lucky posted. I am rather surprised they neglected something so important. ... And whats up girl? Beers and Swords????
    • 395 posts
    March 26, 2012 1:05 AM PDT
    Well so did i Darla...but they didn't cover it..the wine and cookies were good though,lol......and i'm good, as always....getting close to "faire" time, so plenty of beer and swords.......
    • 1 posts
    March 26, 2012 1:43 AM PDT
    grab a shovel and just keep digging around the cycle till the cycle falls falls in the hole and lands on its wheels..
  • March 26, 2012 4:12 AM PDT
    dam when I was in the middle of A1A and all the bad ass bikers went around after watching me get hit by the car, I should have gotten that jackhammer out of the saddle bag and tried that method Jonsey, now I know why I was toting that thing around LOL! have a great one "T"
  • March 26, 2012 4:44 AM PDT
    Pick Scooter up from rear shock area,,Good leverage
  • March 26, 2012 6:08 AM PDT
    Of Course..........There is another way...lol...

Add a SRYMec to each side of the bike.....then should it ever be down on either side all you would have to do is press a button on the remote control and the bike stands itself up...of course...

It would make the bike a little tiny bit heavier, .... just a little bit.....lol.....
    • 5420 posts
    April 19, 2012 5:52 PM PDT
    Man, I can't believe I just dropped my bike again in the garage. Getting ready for our ride to Arizona tomorrow and was checking the tire pressure. I rolled the bike forward a foot or so to get access to the valve stem... the stand went up without me realizing it, and I set the bike down on the floor.

I have now dropped my bike IN MY GARAGE more in the past month than I have in my life. Not sure if old age is making me forgetful or stupid!!!

But hey, I'm getting real good at picking it up
    • 3006 posts
    April 20, 2012 12:46 PM PDT
    LOL Lucky
    you have my sympathy at least,done it once n realized dont want to do that ever agin,my bike is heavier than a wet pile of cement n hard as heck to git back up.
    The only thing I can think is maybe put a string around your finger when your in the garage ?? hehe maybe tie it to the kickstand ?? hey whatever works rite?? LOL good luck with that !!
  • April 21, 2012 10:46 AM PDT
    That was a great video. Tried doing it in the snow and it was a no go due to no traction. But now I have two methods to try! Thanks!!