My Confession.....:))

• February 28, 2012 9:00 AM PST

I have a Confession to Make!!!

I am a Poser (LOL)

I wear assless chaps (but only when it is really cold out, and yes I know all chaps are assless, LOL)

I wear fingerless gloves (but only when it is really warm out)

I wear Harley shirts (but that is because I like collecting them)  

I have 4, yes 4 pairs of riding boots, one pair with 2 inch heels for the jeans that tend to be a little long, and 3 with normal heels for the other jeans. But only two pairs are made by Harley!

And last but not least I sit in my garage staring at my bike when it is snowing outside. Only because I think MY bike is the most beautiful bike out there, and I am day or night dreaming about riding.

I am proud to be a poser, gotta love life. At least I ride.

Ride Safe & Take Care People! 

TD

• 611 posts
    February 28, 2012 9:19 AM PST
    Thanx for sharing TearDrops... In my OPINION, what you have described does not make you a Poser... It is the rider's Attitude that marks some one as a Poser. See, I wear full leathers when I ride. I have skull rings (cause I like 'em). I have a denim cut-off riding vest I wear outside my jacket and it has a few patches and a few run pins. I always wear a head rag under my half helmet and when the weather is warm enuff, I wear fingerless gloves too.
    It's what I don't do that makes me a biker, not a Poser. I don't act like a fool, I laugh a lot and enjoy myself. I don't try and get into anybodies conversation or swagger around like I'm King She-it. I don't start arguments or push anyone around and I am not a walking authority on 'All Things Biker'.
    Now, if you WANT to call yourself Poser, go right a head... just don't sell yourself short (no pun intended). Just remember the different definitions for 'Newbee', 'Wannabee' and 'Poser'. It's all in your attitude and how you treat people you meet. It's more in what you DON'T do that identifies who you are. Loyalty, Honor, Respect... and not always in that order.
    LiveLoveRide
    EdgeWalker
  • February 28, 2012 9:32 AM PST
    LOL Edgewalker, I see so often the "Real Biker" thing or the "Poser" thing. Honestly I really don't care, I was making a joke out of what I have seen on other sites. Like the Pirate outfit, that one I just don't get. I have yet to see someone that looks like Johnny Depp out riding with full pirate garb on....lol

I have no idea what catagory I fall in, and really it does not matter to me. I ride because I love it! Bugs and all....LOL
  • February 28, 2012 9:34 AM PST
    Oh and I always wear a dew rag, keeps the sweat out of my eyes while riding. And besides I look damn good with a dew rag headband.....LOL J/K
  • February 28, 2012 9:59 AM PST
    YAY I'm a poser too!!!
    • 1161 posts
    February 28, 2012 10:15 AM PST
    Yep me 2 I had leather jacket, leather Vest, riding boots, helmet, Skull rings, H-D shirts, even fingerless gloves ( that I have yet to use because I have only had my bike since December 2 months ago) even my "M" on my lisence before I had a bike. But now I have a bike and it's a Honda. Lol.

Yep I'm a proud poser that likes bikes and likes to ride.

Keep the rubber side down.

"Poser" Seakers
  • February 28, 2012 11:43 AM PST
    Isn't confession good for the soul.....LOL
    • 1161 posts
    February 28, 2012 12:02 PM PST
    TearDrops wrote...
    Isn't confession good for the soul.....LOL

LOL

• 5420 posts
    February 28, 2012 12:05 PM PST
    As long as were opening up here... I'll admit I'm a poser too. My boots say Harley on them and I too own lots of Harley shirts from various dealers, and people have actually caught me admiring my own bike.

And this one is really hard to admit, but here goes... I bought a chrome headlight bezel from the DEALER!

Oh yeah... Laura and I wear matching leathers... BLACK!
    • 2 posts
    February 28, 2012 12:23 PM PST
    If HD wants somebody as cool as I am to wear their branded gear they are going to have to sell it to me at a discount not a premium - Think all my T-shirts are "gimmies"
    • 567 posts
    February 28, 2012 1:00 PM PST
    Hmmmm ... well ... I guess I'll hafta admit my "poser" status too. I own three .. count 'em ... three vests. I also have the heavy leather jacket and chaps although I don't get to wear 'em too often cause its usually too dang hot in Florida for leathers.
    Psst .. I've got fingerless gloves too.
  • February 29, 2012 12:08 AM PST
    Lucky, I bet that felt good to get that off your chest, and I bet that chrome headlight bezel looks right fine on the bike.

Savage, you might just be too cool for Harley.....LOL

Ah I can't forget to admit that I have 3 helments, but only one is a HD helment. And while I am at it, have to admit that I did not name my sporty. But because my Deluxe is just so much more pleasing to the eye, she has been given a name. MY Baby.

SolarBill, I am jealous that you have all of that gear and rarely get to use it. Snowing here in Northern Nevada right now. Today is gonna suck....oh well it is what it is.

You all have a great and safe day!
  • February 29, 2012 1:29 AM PST
    I got GIVEN a Harley helmet that I have NEVER worn...lol...(looks totally gay)

I got GIVEN a 1940's or 1950's Harley leather cap that I have NEVER worn ...lol...(looks totally gay)

I got GIVEN Harley full gloves that I have NEVER worn...lol... (look totally gay)

I got GIVEN mid 1950's Harley sunglasses that I have NEVER worn...lol... (they may be worth something - I break sunglasses all the time...lol...)

I think I should put them all on and have my photo taken just so's I can be a poser too!!!  But if someone laughs and says I look gay I'll I'll I'll come over there and slap you with Lucky's handbag!!!!!

(sorry Lucky, someone had to be the target there...lol...)
  • February 29, 2012 1:33 AM PST
    Tear Drops,
    If ya want to see a pirate ride a motorcycle than you must come here to the Isle of Eight Flags, we got ourselves a little pirate club. They will all be out full force iin May for Shrimp fest. First they will land their ship at the docks, fight their way to downtown, and take over the town. Some are seen riding them Iron ponies to the Palace Salon. The isle of eight flags was "owned" and the Jolly Roger was one of the eight flags that flew over the shores of our little island here. You will catch the pirates riding full gear to the Palace at other times. Also the Pirate Ball In November in St. Augustine you'll catch them there as well.
    "Poser" well I believe that they are those that don't believe other persons stories be them road tales, home tales, or life happens, why cause they really haven't had any themselves. Those that judge before they know crap, and those that are out to belittle to prove to themselves they are bikers. As for the wantabes well they don't bother me one bit, gotta start somewhere in this would, Fender Jewelery is to decorate and that's what they do and know it. One day maybe captains of their own ships, or not who cares man we all know who we are deep down inside no matter how much nonsense that's spread. its really a topic I don't worry about. I will tell you this "Posers" are te ones that have spent a great deal of time looking down on ther folks, one before they decided to get a bike, and again after they got a bike. Just cause you got money and the Mother Company has decided to turn its back on the folks that have buttered their toast for years don't mean your the bikers and the rest are the "Posers" , have a great one! "T"
  • February 29, 2012 2:46 AM PST
    Okay Jetman, if you get laughed at and called ghey. Send me a message and I will give you the coordinates of where I live, and you can come and slap me with Lucky's handbag.....LOL. But you have to prove that you really wore the garb you speak of, and that you really got laughed at.....LOL

Tumbles, now that would be a really cool sight to see. Are they really in Pirates outfits? Have been to St. Augustine and loved it. But all I saw was ocean, beach and alot of ghost tours....LOL. I worry not what people say or label, really does not matter to me.

I just think it is funny when I read stuff from other sites that go on and on and on about what a REAL BIKER is. I mean really who cares, well I guess some do.

Me, hell I just want to have fun, laugh and ride!!!
    • 1161 posts
    February 29, 2012 3:16 AM PST
    I agree,  the way I see it if I can't laugh at my own down falls then share them with others so they can laugh at or with me. LOL

I forgot to say I put skull stickers on my helmet before I had a bike as well.  Lol
  • February 29, 2012 3:57 AM PST
    Confessions? This one is a hard one to admit but true. I own many leather jackets (this girl has a fetish, one of many) Some are "Harley" jackets, some are old school but the one I wear while riding was actually given to me by a friend who does Yamaha displays and it's the best fitting, softest and most comfortable jacket I own. I have big shoulders and on long rides I don't get tired fighting the leather. Not to mention it looks nice but I've been harrassed more than once by my friends.......Maybe that makes me a semi Harley/bike/poser girl.
  • February 29, 2012 4:03 AM PST
    Race Angel, nah you ain't a semi Harley girl. You are just a girl who likes comfort! Nothing wrong with that. I own 5 leather coats, but only use one for riding. The rest I just wear! And none of them are Harley made!

I like leather alot also!
  • February 29, 2012 4:04 AM PST
    Shoot most of my Christmas gifts are Harley gear! Lucky, I bought a chrome bezel for my Street Bob! LOL
  • February 29, 2012 4:08 AM PST
    I own 23 leather jackets. (last count) Biker, western, dress, casual, racing, with fringe, mid waist, long, short, black, blue, white, tan, brown, red.

And to justify keeping all of them I wear them at least once a year. lol
  • February 29, 2012 4:10 AM PST
    Black, thats what my husbands family always sends us. Harley stuff, not that I don't mind. But my house is slowly starting to look like a Harley house. And I am getting a very fine collection of little toy motorcycles HD of course. I was told that I cannot buy anything for my bike until HD does not own it anymore, but then he puts speakers on her and a couple of other things. So, so much for not buying things for her!
  • February 29, 2012 4:13 AM PST
    TearDrops, I am always open for donations! LOL
  • February 29, 2012 4:18 AM PST
    Well nothing like a good giggle first thing in the morning. Lets see... I always wear 2 bandannas when I ride, One for the hair so I don't have to worry about helmet head. One on my face cuz I rather like my face and wear it for protection from the elements. I have 2 sets of gloves, fingerless and full, I will not ride without them, A full set of Harley leathers, They were a gift almost 20 years ago. and a few pairs of boots, that depending on the weather depends on the boots, and my assless chaps that I love from Leather Up of course! My picture here is how I ride. nuthin fancy. I am just a girl that loves to ride, and can care less what anyone thinks... Keep the shiny side up !
  • February 29, 2012 4:26 AM PST
    I always lose those damn bandannas! So I just stopped using them all together... but then I have a visor now so no bandanna necessary... I don't do fingerless gloves at all because it doesn't feel right and what's the first thing you do when you go down? Yeah, you stick your hands out! At least I do anyway!
  • February 29, 2012 5:39 AM PST

I really must take a few pictures of my various garages...lol...

All you can see hanging from the insides of the doors is LEATHER!!!  Jackets, Jeans, Step-ins Vests...you name it-its hanging there...not ALL mine, some came from thrift shops and some dumped on me by bro's etc who either outgrew them or dont need anymore.....

Why are they there?  Anyone who comes out riding with me has got to have leathers on, I aint having anyone unprotected riding with me, I dont care if the only leather that fits them out of what I have here is all scraped and battered they wear it or they can go ride somewhere else with someone else.....so if you ever come over and ride with me bring your leathers or you aint coming!!!