Whats the worst thing you ever been hit by out on the Hyways and

• February 26, 2012 11:42 AM PST
    Not me... asked brother named Philthy Phil how he got his name... Hit a armadillo that had been "cookin" on the road for about a week... when he hit it it EXPLODED! Pulled into gas station... gave money to mutual friend to go to Wally world and get him new jeans and T... threw clothes away....
  • February 26, 2012 12:31 PM PST
    Three birds on three seperate occasions,and two more close calls with birds!!Ran over a Chipmunk and had a bear in the road.Also had a bee fly up my shorts.
  • February 27, 2012 12:16 AM PST
    Wooly, yuck man, I know, from necropcies..........................even Vapor rub under the mask couldn't help with that one! Blah
    • 113 posts
    February 27, 2012 12:18 PM PST
    Does hitting the blacktop flat of your back count????? Hubby had just bought Dyna, we had circle drive. Second day we owned bike got ready to ride back to dealership and hour away, to have wheels switched to spoke ones. I stepped up on the peg threw my leg over, at the same time buckling my helmet, before I got fully on and foot on the other peg, he took off, instead of wide part of circle, swerved short, back tire dropped of blacktop that was about 4-6 inches deep, he goosed it, when the tire it the edge he popped me straight up in the air, I came down flat of my back, lol, he shot up the drive and left. I thought, crap I've pissed him off now. I thought he was going to get the spokes put on by himself and decided to leave me home. Truth is he never knew he flipped me, because one I never held on to him and I sat back and just rode. Never needed to hang on before. He was gone, and gone and gone, when he said he had tried to talk to me several times and I didn't answer, he decided me being pissed off wasn't working for him so he pulled over and I was gone. Thats when he started ringing my cell phone trying to figure out were he lost me at. I'd like to tell you we were beginner riders, but that was in 2003, he was 49 and had been riding since he was 16. My family really rode him hard for that one. I told him the dog had to give me cpr cuz it knocked the breath out of me. Absolutely true story........I wish he was here to take me for one more ride. I licensed his Dyna today, first time in 3 yrs, I'm gonna rotate between it and my Sportie.
    • 823 posts
    February 27, 2012 1:36 PM PST
    painterlady00 wrote...
    Does hitting the blacktop flat of your back count????? Hubby had just bought Dyna, we had circle drive. Second day we owned bike got ready to ride back to dealership and hour away, to have wheels switched to spoke ones. I stepped up on the peg threw my leg over, at the same time buckling my helmet, before I got fully on and foot on the other peg, he took off, instead of wide part of circle, swerved short, back tire dropped of blacktop that was about 4-6 inches deep, he goosed it, when the tire it the edge he popped me straight up in the air, I came down flat of my back, lol, he shot up the drive and left. I thought, crap I've pissed him off now. I thought he was going to get the spokes put on by himself and decided to leave me home. Truth is he never knew he flipped me, because one I never held on to him and I sat back and just rode. Never needed to hang on before. He was gone, and gone and gone, when he said he had tried to talk to me several times and I didn't answer, he decided me being pissed off wasn't working for him so he pulled over and I was gone. Thats when he started ringing my cell phone trying to figure out were he lost me at. I'd like to tell you we were beginner riders, but that was in 2003, he was 49 and had been riding since he was 16. My family really rode him hard for that one. I told him the dog had to give me cpr cuz it knocked the breath out of me. Absolutely true story........I wish he was here to take me for one more ride. I licensed his Dyna today, first time in 3 yrs, I'm gonna rotate between it and my Sportie.

So in other words the "old lady" fell off!! lol

• 1161 posts
    February 27, 2012 1:52 PM PST
    Dang I guess he needed a shirt that said,"if you see this she fell off" lol!

Great story thanks for sharing.
  • February 28, 2012 10:50 AM PST
    Boof, I have to agree with black 9< I think you should a) stay away from the roos, and b) maybe you should invest in road kill insurance!!!! you would make a killin on the pay off!!! LOL

been hit by several huge Ks bugs, one would have been in my eye if I didnt have my full face helmut!! but ehn that is all for a newby going solo. Had to duck several birds they seem to be attracted to my husband. LOL
  • February 28, 2012 1:34 PM PST
    Those of you in the Louisiana & Texas areas know all about the love bugs and I've been pounded by junebugs. I've caught wasps & bees in the face & up my shirt, but the weirdest was a damn butterfly. I saw it coming & like a dumbass I turned my head and it went all the way up my ear canal. Didn't bother me at first, but it threw my whole equilibrium off later that evening. Had to get a friend dig it out with a bobby pin. I'd prefer a wasp over a butterfly any day!. .
  • February 28, 2012 1:42 PM PST
    The biggest thing I was ever hit by is a big ass plastic garbage can that was kicked up by a big rig. The biggest thing I was ALMOST hit with was a ping pong table....yep...you heard it right...it flew off the top of a truck and flew right over my head...I can still see it....the weirdest bug thing ever was in NorCal near Chico I think and I hit a flock of what I think were moths or some sort of butterfly or bug in transition and they were filled with pollen....by the time i got through it I was covered head to toe in yellow pollen!!
    • 113 posts
    February 28, 2012 2:37 PM PST
    Guero wrote...
    painterlady00 wrote...

So in other words the "old lady" fell off!! lol

I didn't fall off,  well not exactly, I was shot up in the air! Ejected, Tossed, LOL!  when that back whieel hit the edge of the blacktop it popped me up in the air like a peice of toast!  I can laugh about it now,  but for a couple days I wasn't grinning.  
  • March 1, 2012 7:55 AM PST
    Today I was hit by an invisible bug or birdshit. I felt the thug and the moisture from the guts on my neck. I pulled over immediately in case there was a stinger hanging around pumping venom, but nothing in sight. What a relief. I'm sure I'll find evidence somewhere eventually.
  • March 1, 2012 11:05 PM PST
    A frikin cigerette butt
    • 80 posts
    March 1, 2012 11:34 PM PST
    Riding my Panhead during the early 70's from San Diego to Dumonts in El Cajon for a few cold ones and pulled in behind a pickup. The truck was carrying cans of some sort. Suddenly a lid from one of the heavy galvanized trash cans in common use in those days flew like a frisbie directly at me. I swerved, but the lid took my mirror off the left bar and barely missed taking my head off. Put the bike into a wobble that created a wet spot on my Levis. I no longer get behind open bed trucks or boats on traillers. Beers at Dumonts tasted better than usual that day.
  • March 3, 2012 12:42 PM PST
     while riding with my ol man down delware 13 near georgetown got stuck behind a chicken truck! nasty feathers an chicken droppings all in your mouth! smelled soo bad an the crap was all up in ya! felt like a bunch of rocks hitting your face! and by the way? chicken poop is nasty!!!! lmao hahaha needless to say we tryed to always avoid chicken trucks! ahhhhh
  • March 4, 2012 12:48 AM PST
    oh my gosh no shit huh girl, LOL! I know where you were and what you are talking about.
  • March 4, 2012 3:28 AM PST
    Me n Gail were riding up to the Lower falls about dusk thirty 20 miles east of Cougar WA when I got smacked in the right sholder by a low
    flying bat...We were on'y going 35mph cause it's super winding road, it left a hellofa bruise even though I was weraing a leather jacket.
    Ice Bear...Battle Well...
  • March 5, 2012 4:26 PM PST
    Last spring I was havin a leisurely ride thru some local twisties. When out of no where, here it came. What da h3*# was that ? Next thing I was in a 4 foot deep ditch layin on the ground in a hundred different kinds o' pain. Oooowwww................ thinkin bout it STILL hurts. Later on I was told that that da+n thang that hit me was none other than a dad gum old stroke. Yep... jostled my brain around some. With any luck mighta jostled it back to where it was when I was younger. Anyway's I still got 7 left.
  • March 5, 2012 8:05 PM PST
    My ex ol lady , in the back of the head for going too fast in the rain.
  • March 5, 2012 11:50 PM PST
    Tumbles wrote...
    oh my gosh no shit huh girl, LOL! I know where you were and what you are talking about.
     oh yea and you kno them chicken haulers are nasty! made me feel all nasty! ol man said we smelled like chicken shit!!! lol needed a tooth pic when i was done riding lmao well i learned to keep my mouth shut! ( only when riding) lol
    • 823 posts
    June 11, 2012 10:32 AM PDT
    Almost a hit but not quite. Happened on Hwy 78 in NM before the AZ border May 21st this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_lPkhLK3A8&feature=youtu.be
  • June 11, 2012 11:30 AM PDT
    An old lady making a left turn...
    • 314 posts
    June 11, 2012 11:53 AM PDT
    years ago i was on the back of bike and someone threw or spit gum out of a car and it landed right in the crotch of the guy i was riding with! he was so mad and the fact i could not stop laughing did not help!
  • June 11, 2012 1:38 PM PDT
    IT was at night I could see one of those slow moving vehicle reflectors ahead. Just as i was changing lanes, I started slipping in mud, MUD?, nearly lost it when i realized it was a tractor pulling a sh*t spreader. I knew i wasn't going down in that stuff, well I didn't, but i got real covered before i got stopped on the side. I putted the reast of the way home. BEST SHOWER EVER!
  • June 11, 2012 2:21 PM PDT
    I had a dove fly up out of a cornfield down near Corpus Christi and hit me square in the forehead...however the resulting feather explosion on the grill of the car that was bearing down on my backside did make the car slow down and back off...LOL.  It snapped my head back and rang my bell a little, but no real damage done.  Also had a rock the size of the end of my little finger nail me between the eyes at about 70 mph.  It drew blood and hurt but luckily didn't knock me cold.
  • June 11, 2012 2:25 PM PDT
    Oh...and I almost forgot...a red wasp that hit right between my nose and glasses and proceeded to "light me up" while I was on a road with no shoulder and nowhere to pull over...that one hurt for hours