Sturgis 2012

• February 20, 2012 5:10 AM PST
    less is more when heading out there let's face it after a while we all smell the same in the campgrounds, thank goodness for baby wipes, the bikers secret.
    oh man I sould tell you all the story behind the silly jealous nonsense, you'll all would just die laughing, I know I do know. have a great one! "T"
  • February 20, 2012 5:32 AM PST
    Do tell!
  • February 20, 2012 5:36 AM PST
    Yes over the years I have learned that totin a bunch of crap with you only serves to keep you busy trying to figure out what to do with it! Now that my cell phones serves as a computer/movie viewer/jukebox and everything else they've added I don't need to pack tunes or anything else too extravagant. I started noticing that I brought things that I never used... as far as clothes, who cares there are plenty of Walmart's on the way with tons of cheap tee shirts and I can rock a pair of jeans for a while and most places have laundries to keep what you brung clean IF you so choose, most times I just run outta time and by the time I get back I just throw them jeans in the round file and chalk it up to another good time in the Black Hills! On this particular bike I will have room to throw my solo seat in for when I get there.
    • 0 posts
    February 20, 2012 5:40 AM PST
    Well I can assure you I never get smelly at the camp ground..I average two showers a day and alot of swimming..Black old mate I cant wait to get there and get on the piss..This year is gonna be really cool coz I actually get to ride....Cant friggin wait...CHEERS BOOF
  • February 20, 2012 5:42 AM PST
    I look forward to it every year! (cept last year damn it!) I've had some wild times there and the best part of it has always been the trip to the Black Hills!
    • 0 posts
    February 20, 2012 9:04 AM PST
    Well its gonna be a bloody big trip for us mate...When we get closer maybe we should set up some meet up points so we can all ride at least a part of the trip together..Even if its just for a short bit..CHEERS BOOF
    • 1855 posts
    February 20, 2012 10:11 AM PST
    So Boof, you renting a bike here in the states or what? Where will you be landing in the U.S. and when?
    • 0 posts
    February 20, 2012 11:49 AM PST
    Yeah Jimmy gonna rent this time..I'd say were gonna land in LA late July..We're gonna be in Hawaii for a coupla days to break the trip up..Cant friggin wait..CHEERS BOOF
  • February 20, 2012 12:50 PM PST
    Damn, 45 degrees in Rapid City today. Rode my bike to the implement dealer so I could put her in the pickup. Funny leaving the eastern part of the state as we were getting about 4 inches of wet snow and arriving in the hills to these nice temperatures. Oh well, off to the ranch tomorrow, about 70 miles north of Sturgis. Really wish I was riding but too many vehicles for one person. Look me up when u come out this way.
  • April 19, 2012 8:24 AM PDT
    Well gang, i didn't go last year but I'm getting the itch.

Don't think I'll stay at the Chip this time, Glencoe mebbe, or wherever the Cyclefish tank is.
  • April 19, 2012 1:22 PM PDT
    Woohoo! I attained my goal. I'm going!! Heading out from MD. Not sure of exact dates, but taking 2 weeks off to do this.
    • 467 posts
    April 20, 2012 3:02 AM PDT
    Black9 wrote...
    cnciaco where do yall camp?

Sorry bout that, I am really bad about re-checking posts!   We have been camping at Glencoe Section 8 for more than 10 years now and I love it. Lots of trees, green grass, creek running through, good showers. You can call ahead and rent your camping equipment from "catered camping" if you don't want to haul it. They have laundry services, UPS services on site to ship things home.
    I have been "doing" the Sturgis thing for 31 years now and don't see myself stopping anytime soon! I don't generally do the whole "downtown" thing anymore (except on Friday to shop the sales), but it is like "old home" week at the campground--getting together with all the people that I only see this one time a year. And Lucky will be happy to hear that I am much better at leading tours now! I have led 3 large and 2 small groups around the hills and Rockys since I got him lost and I haven't gotten lost since! Nor have I lost one rider! (So proud of myself! )
    Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
  • July 22, 2012 11:42 AM PDT
    I should get to Sturgis around the second and staying at Glencoe. I may head home around the 14th. For me part of the fun is watching the town come to life and getting my rides in before its to busy than just partying during the rally, but its great to watch everyone leave and see the towns people let there hair down after the rally. One thing for sure is I will be at the Full Throttle Saloon most of Monday for the Horse Back Street Chopper show. I dont care for group rides with more than 5 people but would love to hang with anyone for a few beers. Just give me a call when your there (440) 989 6541 Moose
  • July 22, 2012 12:29 PM PDT
    Heading out there on the 3rd and will leave on 8th or 9th. I am gonna stay at Ironhorse campground. If ay of you make it there, just look for the 'Rock Star' toyhauler.