Winter Winter go away

• January 27, 2012 7:20 AM PST
    Tired of this snow...winter go away!
    • 5420 posts
    January 27, 2012 7:28 AM PST

Yep, we're expecting some pretty cold weather ourselves on Monday....

• 3006 posts
    January 27, 2012 7:51 AM PST
    ROFLMAO .. thats just plain evil..; )

• 46 posts
    January 27, 2012 7:56 AM PST
    Damn Lucky - want don't you twist the knife a bit and show some pictures of you ridin in short sleeves!
  • January 27, 2012 7:58 AM PST
    This is probably adding 'cruel' to 'evil' but thinking of heading down to Phoenix next week if work travel doesn't interfere ...haha!! Northern AZ still having cold temps but tolerable for trail running despite the patches of slush, ice, mud and snow. But like you, can't wait for 'ideal' biking weather, NEED my FIX)))
    • 2072 posts
    January 27, 2012 11:07 AM PST
    Yea it sucks........ Gonna be in the mid 60s ALL week here in central Californication, AND, I'm off work till Friday. What to do ??????
    • 2072 posts
    January 27, 2012 11:11 AM PST
    We were just talking about this at work today........ Can have a whole week of sunshine & warm temps and never get the bike out (Other pressing projects). But, let it rain ONE day and I'm climbing the walls to ride !!!!!!!
    • 9 posts
    January 28, 2012 12:40 AM PST
    Stoooop!   Lemme call all Ya'll a WHAH-M-BULANCE.   At least you CAN get a ride in.   I been bike-less for a long-assed time!
    And EVERY time I see someone ride by, I start jonesin'!!!  And it is cold here today in Florida, but I bet I'd put on all my whooly's and ride,
    cause the sun is shinin' and it isn't real windy.  I hate the cold, it makes a bunch of my parts hurt.
    But for a ride, right now? I'd eat a bottle of aspirin, and ride like the wind....

I know it isn't possible for some of ya, cause of snow and ice and such, and I feel for ya.  Hang in there.  Spring's a-comin'!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek

• January 28, 2012 6:21 AM PST
    And to think some of my friends in Az complain about swamp a$$....hummmm
    Signed, "stuck in the cold with a bike I cant ride"
    Yes I'd like some cheese! lol
  • January 29, 2012 8:36 AM PST
    I second that!! Go away! Redhead wants some cheese I have the wine. Now who has the crackers?
    • 1516 posts
    January 29, 2012 9:16 AM PST
    We need rain, warm rain cold rain whatever, it just needs to rain so we have a good spring and summer
    • 1161 posts
    January 30, 2012 9:31 PM PST
    Well it has been a great "winter" I have been out and about just about every day it is just about always 60+. But I guess it is an off set from 100+ in the summer when it is to hot to ride.
    • 19040 posts
    January 31, 2012 12:50 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...

Any bets that he still wore chaps??? HA

• 846 posts
    January 31, 2012 6:11 AM PST
    I'm with you Spider, This has just been a weird winter here in New England not as bad as last year just weird. Snow in the morning and 40 in the afternoon. In between a half of ton of salt on the roads. At least the local bike shows have start so it getting close to riding time and get some distractions. 6 more weeks till riding time and if that little groundhog thinks he sees his shadow and there 6 more weeks of winter there will be groundhog chili by supper.
    • 277 posts
    January 31, 2012 6:27 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Lucky wrote...

Any bets that he still wore chaps??? HA

You know Lucky too well.
    • 580 posts
    January 31, 2012 9:02 AM PST
    Soooo sorry you're having such a tough winter Lucky   especially as we know you have every sympathy for us poor softies who can't ride in the sleet and snow. 
    Minus 4 celcius here tonight and heavy snow forecast this week so no way we're riding. On the plus side the snowdrops are out and crocuses are making an appearance so spring is starting to prise her eyelids open.   Before we know it we'll have the better weather and lighter nights - BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 823 posts
    February 12, 2012 10:18 AM PST
    If it is above 50 I'm riding, unfortunately it's 30's here today. I rode yesterday until dark was 45 when I got home, no chaps!
  • February 13, 2012 3:06 PM PST
    so far I've been able to sneak in a ride now and then this winter season. This morning we had sleet, and a cold rain the rest of the day. I'm so ready for warmer weather and being able to get out on the bike most days. I'm so ready for longer rides to events.
  • February 14, 2012 2:57 AM PST
    It SNOWED again! About 25 degrees now with more snow predicted tomorrow and most of the week will be in the 30s/low 40s. Gorgeous scene .....but BRRRR! Need the moisture but itching to ride ..........I don't wear chaps but I'm usually riding when temps are above 50 and it's sunny .........once sun goes behind the mountain, temps drop quickly. Darn, can't train on my beloved trails either ............. another day on the treadmill at the athletic club ......
    • 823 posts
    February 14, 2012 5:02 AM PST
    warmed up here, rode yesterday. Know the stupid wind is blowing 30-40 MPH!!!
  • February 14, 2012 10:00 AM PST
    40 and above is my rule, after the forehead numbs up there's no pain...