What is your New Years resolution??????

• December 31, 2011 11:45 AM PST
    Among all the aches and pains at my young age,...I guess my New Years resolution would be....
    To get a decent job that pays well ~
    After this Tues Jan. 3rd, 2012 ...I'm up for a good position but the commute is a/b 30 miles....not too bad ~
    I'll suck it up...all things considered....
    Happy New Year everybody!
    • 3006 posts
    January 2, 2012 5:12 AM PST
    I have resolved to be more resolute about my resolutions !!!
    sure like thats ever gonna happen !! hah !
    • 0 posts
    January 2, 2012 7:25 AM PST
    I read this thread a couple of days ago and was thinking I didn't have any resolutions this year. I don't take them lightly and If I make a promise, even to myself, I do it. But, after thinking for a couple of days, I am going to copy Lucky's second resolution. To be a better husband to my wife (Lori) We have been together for 36 years and married for 33 and have found a comfort zone where we have a tendency to take each other for granted a little. I wish to change that. Thanks Lucky, for the idea.
    • 1855 posts
    January 2, 2012 9:00 AM PST
    I'm just going to make it a point not to stress. Though I have no reason to stress, it seems to be something in my genetic make-up. This year there's nothing, nada, that's going to raise my dander.

Peace
  • January 2, 2012 10:15 AM PST
    ok,  I dont smoke, ( never got started),  I drink so minimal that I dont even know the cool drinks to order, and I am starting to like the cussing thing a bit more... but working in a school helps me keep it to moderation, my diet?  well  that has changed  with hubby's health issues.  So what do I want to resolve to do.... 

ok I finally thought of it.....1)  I  hope to look at the positive side of life instead of dwelling on the negative,   I believe there is always something good in everything!!! I just have to look harder to find it!    

2)  do something new that I have always wanted to do!  Life is toooo short!!!!  (just not sure what that something  is yet)

3)  get more road hours under my sportser belt so I can prove to my hubby I could use a new bike  (something like a streetbob, or a heritage, or the new switchback!!!!! )

I know these are crazy, but my life is going good right now. 

I will be in thought to those of you who want to quit smoking!!!     Believe in your self,  and make it somethig you REALLY WANT!  I believe many of you told me this about learning to ride.   So I am saying it back to you....  Give it your best shot, I know you can do it!!!!
  • January 2, 2012 11:09 AM PST
    Well aren't New Year's resolutions all about improving ourselves?
    I'm going to improve myself by going back to school. Upon grad this fall I will be able to get a better paying job so I can support myself without anyone's help. Just hope I find one I love as much as I love the job I have now. I love my coworkers!
    and of course improve my health. I'm such a sugarholic! Love those M&Ms! and I am so addicted to Diet Coke!
    And the big one - gonna work to try to let past hurts & disappointments go & concentrate on a bright & wonderful future.
    With all my friends behind me, how can I fail? Well, maybe I won't give up the occasional Diet Coke and packet of M&Ms. :-)
    Good luck to everyone! Hope y'all have a fantastic 2012!
  • January 2, 2012 1:44 PM PST
    I think I am going to resolve to stay away from politics. I have been known to voice my opinion on that subject, and usually it is in mixed company. Oh well, screw em if they can't take a joke, which out current political system is! LOL!!!
  • January 2, 2012 5:36 PM PST
    HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! Wishing each of you many wonderful blessings in 2012! I've been pretty discipline with my health most of my life and still reaping the benefits at 51 by running & racing 10 milers, half and full marathons ~ pretty competitive so I train to do well each race (mostly trailrunning) ~ need to stay healthy inside and out so I can ride my bike as long as I can, to watch my beautiful grandbaby grow up (she's our 1st one, 9 months now), and to be mindful and cherish every moment with my husband, kids and family, no matter the distance.
    • 1780 posts
    January 2, 2012 10:47 PM PST
    Oh my God I just remembered this is 2012 and the world is suppose to end in December! The hell wit new year resolutions Ya Hoo .....Live it up!!!!!!!!! Whoops I may have just started another post....sorry
    Dragon
    • 1161 posts
    January 3, 2012 8:03 AM PST
    Well, I really need to eat better, and stop eating once or twice a day.
  • January 3, 2012 1:50 PM PST
    Going to eat everything I want to, have sex with every woman I can, get some more tats and relax ignore everyone and enjoy life my way on my terms and not be able to remember a damn thing.
  • January 3, 2012 2:40 PM PST
    My New Years resolution for this year is to take my grand daughter riding more often and try to quitt my nicotine gum addiction, I just love my nicotine gum!
  • January 4, 2012 2:57 PM PST
    Gonna join the crowd.and be a better husband its easy to take the wife and kids for granted. Leave work at work tuff year in the police business and keep trying to just be kind to everyone im
    • 5419 posts
    December 27, 2012 5:17 AM PST
    Well I didn't do so well with my resolutions from last year, so I am going to try the same ones again

How did the rest of you do on last year's resolutions and what is your resolution for this year.
    • 844 posts
    December 27, 2012 6:17 AM PST
    I don't normally make resolutions, because I always feel like crap when I break them. But if I was to make on "commitment" this year it will be to spend more time with my kids. Them little ones are growing way to fast and I am missing some of it.
    • 1855 posts
    December 27, 2012 7:45 AM PST
    To live long enough to make next year's resolution.
  • December 27, 2012 11:39 AM PST
    I think I’m gonna drink more whisky chase younger women, ride more, hit more club parties, get hi and touch the sky one more time. I have lived longer than I ever thought I would or wanted to, why change now, I got it dam near perfect. Then on the constructive side I do need to rebuild the last bikes in storage.
    Do another 100cc. and ride that chopper pan to Florida and back one more time.
    I have never seen the need to make a resolution,
    If there was something in my life I did not like, I got rid of it.
    If I was acting in a way I thought I should change I changed it.
    If I did not like where I was at I moved.
    I do agree I never liked a fowl mouth woman or man just shows ignorance.
    Live and enjoy life, no ones getting out alive
  • December 27, 2012 2:27 PM PST
    Mine is simple, Ride More
    • 79 posts
    December 27, 2012 2:56 PM PST
    Try to drink enough beer so that the good people at yuengling can hire three more people.
    • 834 posts
    December 27, 2012 3:37 PM PST
    2012 was a pretty good year for me, so I'm not changing a thing, taking no chances of messing things up
    • 1 posts
    December 28, 2012 8:46 AM PST
    I've decided that only suckers make new years resolutions. The way I figure if you haven't done it by know chances are you probably never will...so why bother in the first place....But to those of you who don't heed my advice, good luck with what ever you decided. oh and i wish all here a glorious new year!
    • 601 posts
    December 28, 2012 10:18 AM PST
    Well I'm going out to buy a truck load of AK-47's and RPG's lots of ammunition and a shedload of red flags, then I'm going to our local "party HQ" and find some like minded people and we will start to tear down the whole capatilist system beginning with.......................OH !!!! shit, thought you said revolution, ah well, stop smoking (again) I suppose.
    • 2 posts
    December 31, 2012 1:17 AM PST
    2012 was the worst year of my 69 and based on the results in November things look like they are going to get a whole lot worse - a whole, whole lot worse.

Resolutions? - Stock up on canned goods, boxed mac&cheese, toilet paper and ammunition. - Spend more time in the garden. Hunt more. Fish more. Spend less. - And oh yeh, become a whole lot more cynical. - Go a low rent Galt.
  • December 31, 2012 2:34 AM PST
    2012 was a GREAT YEAR for us. We had our 4th Grand Baby - a boy. Our oldest grad daughter graduated High School, and another started High School. Great times, but the problem is we were not there to see some of it.

So my New Years resolution this year is going to be to ride more and spend more time with the grand kids. Can do them together since all of the grand kids are about 1/2 day to a full day ride from us. Just hoping our kids resolution is to have us spend more time at their houses
    • 5419 posts
    December 31, 2012 5:13 AM PST
    Good for you Popper. Them grand kids seem to grow up even faster than the kids did!