What Mods Ya Done To Your Motor?

• g
    December 15, 2009 6:09 AM PST
    gid stuff min .
    • 1509 posts
    December 15, 2009 12:16 PM PST
    Complete rebuild top to bottom new 30 over pistons, b grind crane cam 9.5:1 pistons, Internal belt primary, 5 speed in a stock 4 speed case, cv carb and lots of elbow greese
  • December 15, 2009 12:43 PM PST
    Nice shovel. Nothin looks like a pan or sounds like a shovel.
    • 1509 posts
    December 15, 2009 12:59 PM PST
    Thank you. You need to like to wrench on them or they will cost a lot to keep on the road.
  • December 16, 2009 12:04 AM PST
    i'm running an 04 electric glide classic.
    i did a zippers 117" kit with thunder max auto tune and d&d 2 into 1 exhaust w / quite muffler.
    everything else screaming eagle parts.
    raised rev limiter to 6200 rpms
    pump gas 92 oct, ran on dyno.146hp / 137.5 ft/lbs torque. awesome set up.
  • January 25, 2010 1:11 AM PST
    My 1995 FLSTN With ove 119,00 miles had the heads done, cam replaced passing gear, right hand clutch left hand shift ( no left leg movement) just put gas in and go.
    • 1040 posts
    January 25, 2010 1:17 AM PST
    skullshifter wrote...
    My 1995 FLSTN With ove 119,00 miles had the heads done, cam replaced passing gear, right hand clutch left hand shift ( no left leg movement) just put gas in and go.

Cool...you wanna ride don't ya...Good deal man! What kinda cam did ya go with the heads...Andrews, V-Thunder, Woods, etc, etc?

• 1780 posts
    January 25, 2010 1:32 AM PST
    bbqb4racin wrote...
    2005 GSX1300R Suzuki Hayabusa

Muzzys full exhaust system, Power Commander, dry shot nitrous. I assembled the nitrous sytem myself to my specs, no kit. Installed a Innovate Motorsports LC-1 A/F monitor and did all the tuning myself. The bike was never tuned on a Dyno. I was at a bike event and decided to throw it up on a dyno for sh!ts and grins. She pulled just under 200 hp, (197. something), Not bad for an at home tune job! Also not bad for approx 80 cu in either!

Man I'm Harley all the way, but I have to say....That is one bad ass looking rocket.....sweet
    Night Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    January 25, 2010 1:39 AM PST
    skullshifter wrote...

By looking at the picture the shifter looks like it's a long reach.......why didn't you just put a jocky shift on it for a closer reach.

Night Dragon
    • 19043 posts
    January 25, 2010 2:26 AM PST
    Rex ( 04 Road King with 59K on him) is a pretty much a stock carbureted twin cam except for some chrome and minor stuff. The major mods are Sampson true duals with Screamin Eagle mufflers, Lowered 1.5 front and rear to accommodate my vertical challenge and I added chubby 16" apes. He goes fast enough for me and I want to ride him lor at least 100K so reliability is foremost therefore no engine mods. He is on the roll-around stand for replacement of a worn out primary chain and clutch plates as well as the belt right now. The clutch and belt are "might as well replace" items since I have him apart.
    • 1040 posts
    January 25, 2010 2:55 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    bbqb4racin wrote...
    2005 GSX1300R Suzuki Hayabusa

Muzzys full exhaust system, Power Commander, dry shot nitrous. I assembled the nitrous sytem myself to my specs, no kit. Installed a Innovate Motorsports LC-1 A/F monitor and did all the tuning myself. The bike was never tuned on a Dyno. I was at a bike event and decided to throw it up on a dyno for sh!ts and grins. She pulled just under 200 hp, (197. something), Not bad for an at home tune job! Also not bad for approx 80 cu in either!

Man I'm Harley all the way, but I have to say....That is one bad ass looking rocket.....sweet
    Night Dragon

I didn't see this post befor! Howd I miss it? Gotta agree dragon...one fine assed looking rice rocket
    • 1040 posts
    January 25, 2010 3:12 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Rex ( 04 Road King with 59K on him) is a pretty much a stock carbureted twin cam except for some chrome and minor stuff. The major mods are Sampson true duals with Screamin Eagle mufflers, Lowered 1.5 front and rear to accommodate my vertical challenge and I added chubby 16" apes. He goes fast enough for me and I want to ride him lor at least 100K so reliability is foremost therefore no engine mods. He is on the roll-around stand for replacement of a worn out primary chain and clutch plates as well as the belt right now. The clutch and belt are "might as well replace" items since I have him apart.

Yea, I got a friend the same way. He ain't tearing his motor down for nothing unless he has too. Reliability on the engine is his deal too. Most of my riding is around town and bar hopping type riding so I put a V-Thunder cam in mine to try and get more low to mid range torque. It did the job but still not sure its what I want. I'm gonna ride it through the summer and see how it goes and if not happy then maybe change back out in the winter to maybe a Andrews EV13. Got a bit of a ticking noise in moter since the cam swap and I think I need to re-adjust the pushrods which is what I'm gonna do first. If that don't fix it then pull the cam back out and double check my end play. I shimmed it at .012 well within specs so we'll see what happens.

Oh..and I'm right there with ya on the verticle challenge thing...lol

• 1780 posts
    January 25, 2010 3:28 AM PST

Well just about everything you could think of.......
    Before and After 2 years in the making...

Night Dragon

• 1040 posts
    January 25, 2010 3:33 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...

Well just about everything you could think of.......
    Before and After 2 years in the making...

Night Dragon

Always meant to tell ya....Cool assed paint job man!!

• January 25, 2010 7:45 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    skullshifter wrote...

By looking at the picture the shifter looks like it's a long reach.......why didn't you just put a jocky shift on it for a closer reach.

Night Dragon

It' just looks like that, it's just under the tank next to my knee it took a one grab of the break to rember the switch clutch on the LEFT!!! LOL
    skullshifter
    • 1780 posts
    January 25, 2010 9:16 AM PST
    skullshifter wrote...
    nightdragon wrote...
    skullshifter wrote...

Night Dragon

It' just looks like that, it's just under the tank next to my knee it took a one grab of the break to rember the switch clutch on the LEFT!!! LOL
    skullshifter

I remember seeing this site (and I forgot where it was) where you could mount a tank shift on the RIGHT side and keep your left hand clutch. If was kind of expensive if I remember.
    Dragon
  • January 25, 2010 9:19 PM PST
    as far as motor mods go its just about stock. The bike sat for 20 years so all new gaskets new re jeted Keihin carb, new cluch plates all new cables, push rods and covers, drag pipes, re built magnito. new oil lines and a bunch of other stuff I cant even rember. She still has orgional pistons and has 115 lb front piston and 110 lb back piston of compression. Not bad for 41 years old. As you can see from the before and after pics I did some other mods to the bike
  • January 25, 2010 9:34 PM PST
    Mine's got a 100" square heart from S&S. A heavy duty clutch, primary and final belt. I don't wash mine much either. It's got 97,000 miles on it.
    I don't abuse it, but it'll run 85-90 ALL DAY on trips without so much as a hickup even with my fat ass and a hundred pounds or so strapped to the back.
    Fuel economy: about 36 MPG.
  • March 10, 2010 11:13 AM PST
    Cam, V&H shortshots and a re-map. Runs and pulls strong. More fun to ride now.
    • 5420 posts
    March 10, 2010 12:12 PM PST
    bullmoose wrote...
    as far as motor mods go its just about stock. The bike sat for 20 years so all new gaskets new re jeted Keihin carb, new cluch plates all new cables, push rods and covers, drag pipes, re built magnito. new oil lines and a bunch of other stuff I cant even rember. She still has orgional pistons and has 115 lb front piston and 110 lb back piston of compression. Not bad for 41 years old. As you can see from the before and after pics I did some other mods to the bike

Maybe it would have been easier to ask "What haven't you done to your motor?"

• 1509 posts
    March 10, 2010 1:57 PM PST
    I was thinking about installing the Night Rider XIed O2 sencor pig tails to richen the 96 tc on my 07 road king what do you all think.
  • December 12, 2013 10:23 AM PST
    '04 88ci Wide Glide. Hearing stories of the cam chain tensioners wearing out and causing major engine failure.......any truth to the rumor?
  • December 15, 2013 3:49 PM PST
    TTEvan wrote...
    '04 88ci Wide Glide. Hearing stories of the cam chain tensioners wearing out and causing major engine failure.......any truth to the rumor?

I've heard that the 99-05 and some 06 models might have the issue you speak of.  The suggestion is to take a look at the tensioners around 25K miles and replace if necessary.