TIME FOR A CHANGE?!? Hell Yea...

• 9 posts
    March 15, 2011 9:45 AM PDT

This is really off topic, but I need to talk. After thoughtful consideration, I have decided to get the "make-over" that my family tells me is long overdue. I'm of Irish-Indian descent, and I've always had super long straight hair. Up til now, it looked pretty good (for an Old Broad). But since my health scare in October 2009, when I had brain surgery, my hair just isn't what it used to be. For one, it's alot grayer. Two, they had to cut some out, that had gotten clotted with blood after surgery, (causing wildly different lengths). And three, for some reason it started getting dull and lifeless, as well as breaking off easily. I've been told, anesthesia can sometimes cause this. So, tomorrow, I'm going to the salon. Anyone who knows me, knows that is not something I normally EVER do!  I don't wear frilly, I don't wear lipstick or fingernail polish, and I don't go to the salon! So, needless to say, I'm a bit "sheepish". This from someone who will "twist the wick" and burry the needle on the speedometer of any motorcycle I ride, with no fear! What the hell am I so afraid of??? The worst they could do to me, will grow out in a year or two. I just wondered, if any of ya'll have been here and done this? Please tell me what your experiences were, and if I should go thru with this. I need a change, but I don't want to look like one of those older women who is "trying" to look younger. I want it to rock, but the only comments I want to hear on the street are "hey, you look GREAT!"  Let me know, K?  RIDE FREE

Tweek

Here they are!  The hippie has stepped into the 21st century...

• 0 posts
    March 15, 2011 10:22 AM PDT
    Well the very first thing that came to mind after reading your post and looking at yuour profile, is "Peg would look real good in a layered bob style haircut." (reba Style)

But that is just an opinion.

• 1516 posts
    March 15, 2011 10:56 AM PDT
    I agree with Gary, that would be a very nice cut on you. Just cuz they cut and shape up your hair doesn't mean you have to go "girlie" But to have the long part that doesn't match the short part, and what is breaking off anyways... it sounds like you are on the right track. I will be looking forward to seeing your new pic up here tomorrow..
    If I lived by you, I would go with you for moral support..Be brave!!
  • March 15, 2011 11:42 AM PDT
    Hey, I know I'm a guy but....INDULGE YOURSELF! It is just hair, and it will grow back. Like I tell the better half...if you like it, go for it. Almost sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of it a little bit??? Getting your hair done don't change the important part....YOU!! You'll still be the Tweek we all know.
    • 580 posts
    March 16, 2011 3:23 AM PDT
    I agree that a layered bob would look great - stylish but not too girlie and also easy to maintain. - And like sjsak1 sez - it'll grow again if you don't like it.
    Let us know what you did and post the pics

Hugs (o:
    • 16795 posts
    March 16, 2011 5:44 AM PDT
    I got a Mohawk in my 40's, my wife was livid, even more so when she found out her dad cut if for me. :-)
  • March 16, 2011 7:53 AM PDT
    What does your other half think? I myself clipper my hair to 1/4inch but i am a big hair fan. Maybe an auburn color?
  • March 16, 2011 9:06 AM PDT
    Its just hair. I cut off my ponytail about 3 months ago after looking in the mirror and wondering just where in the hell did all the grey come from. I agree with all the above. It will grow out, You'll still look good I'm sure. Most importantly, have fun with it.
    • 1516 posts
    March 16, 2011 10:15 AM PDT
    <----- Patiently waiting for that new pic of you Tweek!!!
  • March 16, 2011 10:24 AM PDT
    New Pic from Tweek! New Pic from Tweek! New Pic from Tweek!
    • 58 posts
    March 16, 2011 11:50 AM PDT
    sjsak1 wrote...
    New Pic from Tweek! New Pic from Tweek! New Pic from Tweek!

What he said!  
  • March 16, 2011 12:05 PM PDT
    What those guys said
    • 567 posts
    March 16, 2011 12:31 PM PDT
    I agree with the others. The Reba-style would look great. But I'm a guessin that the folks at the salon are gonna try to talk you into coloring your hair and maybe a few other salon specialties. And, there's no harm in going along with their suggestions. You just might very well LIKE the changes.
    Also, my girlfriend takes Silica for her hair .. to make it have better body. Its something you can find in the health food stores and some nutrician centers.
    • 9 posts
    March 16, 2011 3:59 PM PDT
    Thanks Ya'll!!! Your words of comfort and support helped to tip the decision. It was done tonite. It took almost five hours! From that to this. I wish I could post a pic tonite! The salon asked me to wait and let them post first, and since this was on their dime, I couldn't hardly refuse. Surprisingly, I wasn't at all anxious, when they told me their ideas, so I put myself in their very capable hands! As soon as I possibly can, I will post. Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1161 posts
    March 16, 2011 4:09 PM PDT
    I missed the first part of this topic but now I can't wait to see it!
    • 1516 posts
    March 16, 2011 4:10 PM PDT
    ok ok, I have be patiently waiting.. can't wait to see!!
    • 33 posts
    March 17, 2011 1:50 AM PDT
    Tweek - I'm a day late, dollar short but you definately closer in appearance to Allanis than Reba. From your posts you are closer to her in ATTITUDE too! Rock it! Grabbed a long hair Allanis and a short hair Allanis just for comaprison.

good god, I must be bore - talking about some chicks hair on the internet!!! When is winter ever going to end???
    • 3006 posts
    March 17, 2011 3:39 AM PDT
    I believe its called Cabin fever???..Jim

Tweek,
    I'll bet your hair looks mavelous!!!..;)..,most decent salons know what works best for each given face.
  • March 17, 2011 4:41 AM PDT
    Patiently waiting with debrajo....course we may have to say the hell with it and go out and kill something, or somethin". LOL
    • 9 posts
    March 17, 2011 9:43 PM PDT
    Sorry guys, I've been buggin' the old man to take some damn pics, cause ya'll are waiting. He PROMISED he would take them today. He's been busy rendering on his computer. I have to be patient too. YEA RIGHT!!! Patience ain't NEVER been one of my virtues. (But then again, I've never been known for my "virtues" either...LMAO)
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    I just realized I posted the pics right above Reba.  Damn, I only wish I looked that good.  Oh well.  Whadya think?
    • 86 posts
    March 18, 2011 5:54 AM PDT
    Glad you went for it....can't wait for the pictures. Change is good.
    • 0 posts
    March 18, 2011 12:01 PM PDT
    I think it looks very good on you!
  • March 18, 2011 12:03 PM PDT
    COOL.. will definatly be cool. looks good
    • 567 posts
    March 18, 2011 12:15 PM PDT
    Liking the new do 
  • March 18, 2011 12:52 PM PDT
    Looking good.