New exhaust?

• February 24, 2011 8:36 AM PST
    Well, its time for me to shelf the stock exhaust on my 08 ultraclassic and there seems to be plenty to choose from. My plan is simply to increase sound, keep it low, add that "crackle" when the throttle is opened, and try to still use the radio if I want it. Any suggestions or personal opinions are welcomed, I will add new air filter and fuel management as well.   
    • 5419 posts
    February 24, 2011 9:04 AM PST
    I love the SuperTrap internal disc slip-ons I have on my 2007 Road King.  They have a great sound - a low rumble, as I have them set up.  The internal disc system allows you to adjust the back pressure for the exact sound and performance you want.

You can see them here...
    http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=10 style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);">  But you can get better deals on them then the list prices you see on the SuperTrap website.
  • February 24, 2011 9:05 AM PST
    Am going through the same thing on my 06 VROD Night Rod Special, been looking for quite a while, not much of anything found for my year and bike, wanted a totally black exhuast system to go with the chrome I already have on the bike, went to my local Harley place, and ended up ordering a clip on exhaust from thunder headers and the black heat shields from the Night Rod Special for 2011, so I will also add fuel management from HD and already have a KLN High Perormance air filter
  • February 24, 2011 9:11 AM PST
    I recently had LA Coppers pipes installed on my 10 Road King. I like the sound and the quality of the pipes. It provides a good sound, but is not obnoxious.
  • February 24, 2011 2:37 PM PST
    I am putting Vance and Hines big radius 2 into 2 pipes on my 02 Dyna.I should get around to doing the install in the next two weeks.I already have K & N filter plus rejetted carb.Which reminds me...does anyone want some low cost Vance and Hines Longshots for a Dyna Wide Glide:-)?
    • 16798 posts
    February 24, 2011 2:45 PM PST
    I had put Screaming Eagle mufflers on my 03 Ultra, I was very happy with the sound and performance.
    • 846 posts
    February 24, 2011 11:41 PM PST
    I too am in the market for a change in pipes this year. I've been looking at American Custom slip on's. They have interchangeable baffles and you can review the sounds of each online at thier site. Plus these are refurbished stock mufflers. The present plan is to pick up a set in April.
  • February 25, 2011 1:14 AM PST
    My Thunder Headers have a little bit of "Crackle"
  • February 25, 2011 7:15 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I love the SuperTrap internal disc slip-ons I have on my 2007 Road King.  They have a great sound - a low rumble, as I have them set up.  The internal disc system allows you to adjust the back pressure for the exact sound and performance you want.

You can see them here...
    http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=10 style="color: rgb(0,0,128)">  But you can get better deals on them then the list prices you see on the SuperTrap website.

Thanks for the valuable information my friend, I like the idea of being able to make adjustments.
  • February 25, 2011 7:17 AM PST
    I want to say thanks for all the great suggestions!
    • 1 posts
    March 1, 2011 9:05 AM PST
    Them SuperTraps are a good slip-on system, and fairly reasonable too.

My suggestion would be to just listen to other bikes as they pull into your local bike night or biker hangout and when you hear something you like, go ask the guy what exhaust he has...
  • March 2, 2011 7:17 AM PST
    2003/2 FLHTCI, V&H 06-07 Headers, has O2 bungs, modified starter bracket with a grinder to make it fit, V&H slash cut slip-ons, SE air cleaner with K&N filter, Zippers Thunder-Max with auto tune.
  • March 6, 2011 11:47 PM PST
    Bassani 2into2 stepped header black or chrome