Cages aiming for Bikes

• 1161 posts
    January 10, 2011 4:42 PM PST
    I was talking to my mother and a few friends (cagers).  They use to work with some one that would Aim for running a biker off the road or trying to make them have an accident.  The reason this moron gave was, "because his wife left him for a guy on a bike."

My thought is I bet he had a car or a truck.  But he wont target those the big panzy.  I have other thoughts but i'll leave it at this.

My thoughts on this are many but the main reason to bring this out to the open, is for you all to remain safe and watch your 6 (your back).
    • 846 posts
    January 11, 2011 1:19 AM PST
    That’s why I drive with a health case of paranoia. In Mass. here drivings a contact sport, and riding means being paranoia and aware of any possible contact. It those simple minded idiots that make our life miserable at times.
  • January 11, 2011 1:36 AM PST
    That's scary - Hell even the ones not aiming for us still hit us!
    • 2 posts
    January 11, 2011 2:47 AM PST
    SweetSoftTail is absolutely correct the ones not aiming still do a pretty good job @ hitting us & Chaz has the correct attitude, stay paranoid.
    Don't think anybody ever intentionally tried to hit me or make me have an accident while I was on a motorcycle, however am absolutely positive, no doubt about it, people have run me off the road when bicycling. They brag about it on CL. - If bicyclists are staying close to the shoulder give them some respect
    • 5420 posts
    January 11, 2011 4:45 AM PST
    I always ride like the cages are aiming for me!!!
    • 601 posts
    January 11, 2011 5:53 AM PST
    Ireland is OK really for bikes, lane splitting is legal and most cars do give room...in saying that I treat everything as "the enemy" that includes cars...trucks..trains.. horse and buggies and low flying aircraft...If it can move, it can kill !
    • 844 posts
    January 11, 2011 6:13 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I always ride like the cages are aiming for me!!!

They are aiming for you!!!

• 9 posts
    January 11, 2011 11:54 AM PST
    I posted "my story" about crazy cagers, a while back. Suffice it to say, your Moms "friend" sounds like a clone to the guy who tried to run me down. He just looked at me, and said "your goin' down bitch". By the time I processed his malfunction, he was running me up against a curb. I think they are just jealous that we're on bikes. He probably just didn't have the kahones to ride one himself, let alone tolerate a woman doing so. It's happened to some guys I know also. Ain't no real telling why anyone would do this. But like you said, we all need to watch our own backs!!!
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 0 posts
    January 11, 2011 12:20 PM PST
    Gday..Those of you who know me know i'm a tolerant well mannered humanitarian kinda bloke..Awhile ago I was stopped at an intersection and decided to split(which is semi legal here) to get pole at the lights and get away from the cars..So down the side of the cars I go when this fat wanker in a 4x4 pulls over and pushes me up the curb..Luckily there was a driveway and i made the transition from road to foot path smoothly..Reflexes got the better of me and the stand went straight down and helmet came off in a flash..I walked calmly across to the wankers big bad 4x4 just to let him now I wasnt happy..The electric window went up and the big brave bloke was near shitting his pants..Something overcame me and i smashed his window with my lid and punched friggin holes into this fat piece of shit..Whilst getting beaten he took his foot off the brake and drove into the car infront..I walked back to my scoot made the green light and came home for a well earned beer...Maybe if more people are more "persuasive" like I have been known to be ,these wankers might pull thier bloody heads in and behave...CHEERS BOOF peace love and bloody mung beans man..
    • 2072 posts
    January 11, 2011 2:24 PM PST
    Best piece of riding advise I was ever given....... Ride like you have a target pasted on your body. ALWAYS be on the defense !!!!
    • 190 posts
    January 11, 2011 2:25 PM PST
    I agree, always watch your 6 (and the other 359 degrees), call it paranoia, but I'm not beyond cracking the throttle a little (or taping the brake) and putting a little distance between me and any vehicle that's making me a little "nervous".
  • January 11, 2011 2:50 PM PST
    Ya cannot win against a cage when your on a bike...
    I say if push comes to shove then it's time to
    lock n load...ight?
    RandyJoe...Ride Stromg...
  • January 11, 2011 2:58 PM PST
    hutch78 wrote...
    I agree, always watch your 6 (and the other 359 degrees), call it paranoia, but I'm not beyond cracking the throttle a little (or taping the brake) and putting a little distance between me and any vehicle that's making me a little "nervous".
    Thats my answer too....no matter how you look at it my goal is to get where I am going in one piece,having a good time doing it comes easy!
    • 190 posts
    January 11, 2011 3:17 PM PST
    wolfhound wrote...
    hutch78 wrote...
    Thats my answer too....no matter how you look at it my goal is to get where I am going in one piece,having a good time doing it comes easy!

Amen.