Redwood Run 2011

• 19007 posts
    February 8, 2011 4:25 AM PST
    I wonder if they will have RV places?
    • 1364 posts
    February 8, 2011 5:22 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

Hey Mike there are lots of places to camp along  the Redwoods area. I don't know if they will have RV's allowed in the event area

• 19007 posts
    February 8, 2011 11:04 AM PST
    Thanks Jeff, I am putting this at the top of my list for June. Give me the names of some towns near there. I went through there in 09 and I think I remember the town of Willits.
    • 5419 posts
    February 8, 2011 11:07 AM PST
    You gonna run home and pick up Rex... he's gonna be pissed if you do Redwood without him
    • 5419 posts
    February 8, 2011 11:17 AM PST
    Willits is about an hour south. The closest town is the small town of Garberville. I know there is a KOA just south of Garberville.
    • 19007 posts
    February 8, 2011 11:32 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    You gonna run home and pick up Rex... he's gonna be pissed if you do Redwood without him

Man I am Jonesin so much right now it taint funny. I even thought or renting for a day ride but have not done that yet. Rex will be with me in April and you can bet on that. I will check out that Garberville koa.

• 1364 posts
    February 8, 2011 12:16 PM PST
    If your going to go Mike, You should make your Res. Real soon, I have heard all the rooms in Garberville are booked
    • 1516 posts
    February 8, 2011 1:11 PM PST
    The run will be at Piercy at the Bowman ranch.. I do not know exactly where that is, but the pic on the site are beautiful..
    • 19007 posts
    February 8, 2011 11:00 PM PST
    I contacted the official website and they already responded. They will give me a list of RV sites in a day or two and I will make my reservations then. Some preliminary checking has shown me a couple parks that I am interested in. I am going to try to get in there early, say around the 6th. Looks like it is going to be a great June.
    • 1516 posts
    February 9, 2011 2:08 AM PST
    My info Mike is that they are not sure if they will have RV spots at the run yet, but will be finding out soon.
    • 1364 posts
    February 11, 2011 7:34 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    I contacted the official website and they already responded. They will give me a list of RV sites in a day or two and I will make my reservations then. Some preliminary checking has shown me a couple parks that I am interested in. I am going to try to get in there early, say around the 6th. Looks like it is going to be a great June.

Check it out Mike.      http://www.kiwanisrwr.com/?page_id=14    ;

Accommodations off the RWR website

• 5419 posts
    February 14, 2011 3:24 PM PST
    The listing in our calendar has all of the latest information

Redwood Run

• 19007 posts
    February 15, 2011 7:53 AM PST
    highrisk wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

Hey Mike there are lots of places to camp along  the Redwoods area. I don't know if they will have RV's allowed in the event area
    OK Rex, Riley and I are reserved for the Benbow RV park. We will get there early, June 6th. See all y'all there!
    • 1364 posts
    February 15, 2011 9:29 AM PST
    BREAKING NEWS :

http://www.kiwanisrwr.com/ /> JUST LOCKED IN THE REDWOOD RUN WITH THE FRYED BROTHER THANKS JIM AND ANGIE !!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE REDWOOD RUN OLD SCHOOL

• 1516 posts
    February 15, 2011 9:56 AM PST
    the Ty Curtis band is looking to be included as well.
  • February 20, 2011 3:39 AM PST
    The RWR has ask me to tell my friends to friend them on FB and that the web site is up and running for those who are interested:-)
  • February 20, 2011 4:51 AM PST
    Another great place to stay for pre/post Run-about 1hr away in Redwood National Park are the Elk Meadow Cabins-3bd/2bth-fully furnished -sleep 8 w/ garages www.redwoodadventures.com
    • 2072 posts
    February 20, 2011 11:17 AM PST
    The info I got today from one of our local biker/radio DJs was the the run for 2011 HAS been canceled but WILL be back in 2012.
    • 19007 posts
    February 21, 2011 12:21 AM PST
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    The info I got today from one of our local biker/radio DJs was the the run for 2011 HAS been canceled but WILL be back in 2012.

Nothing on their website regarding this.

Waiting for confirm or deny email from my contact there.
    • 5419 posts
    February 21, 2011 12:46 AM PST
    The Redwood Run WILL Go On!

The event with the name the Redwood Run which was put on for the last several years by Riverview Productions has been canceled.

The Kiwanis, who started the Run have taken it back over and will be putting on the run, this year to be know as the Kiwanis Original Redwood Run, and be held at a new location just a couple of miles north of where it has been being held.

The lastest information, including the NEW website for the NEW Run can be found on the Redwwod Run event listing in our calendar.
  • February 21, 2011 2:25 AM PST
    Just a pat on the back for Lucky,you are doing a good job staying on top of things!
    • 1516 posts
    February 21, 2011 2:27 AM PST
    wolfhound wrote...
    Just a pat on the back for Lucky,you are doing a good job staying on top of things!

Go Team!!!

• March 17, 2011 10:54 AM PDT
    I've done the Redwood Run the last 4 years, and have had the greatest time each year. But, less than 3 months till the Run and still no ticket sales? Am I the only one getting a little worried?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that reserves vacation time ahead. I'd hate to take a week off an end up staying home.

Any new info?
  • March 17, 2011 1:11 PM PDT
    Went a few years ago, got there to find out I was a week early.
    • 1516 posts
    March 17, 2011 2:43 PM PDT
    From all I have heard, it is a go, second weekend in June!!