Only for Medicinal purposes

• November 5, 2010 2:54 AM PDT
    I do enjoy an occasional beverage with a little kick.  One of my frequent pleasures is Baileys Irish Cream which is kept in the frig.  Once or twice a week a shot sipped and savored just to wet the wistle.  As of late the price has seemed to increase faster than  I wished  and I don't care to cut my indulgance so I tried a recipe for a home mix and found that It was very close to the original.  Of course I had to start with What I felt was a good Irish Wiskey (JAMESON) so the cost per portion did drop but My mix was not cheep.  I am also looking at a couple of other afternoon beverages to home mix.  My question is what is your flaverate beverage to mellow the rage of the day.  
    • 5420 posts
    November 5, 2010 3:59 AM PDT
    Well this explains your response to the Motorcycle Jack post

I love a coffee and Irish Cream when just sitting around relaxing.  Especially in the morning when camping or on vacation.  But for the most part it is normally whiskey and coke for me, usually Jack or Jim Beam.

And yes, Bailey's has gotten a little expensive.  Have you tried any of the American Creams?   I find they taste about the same, but cost a lot less!

• November 5, 2010 4:17 AM PDT
    Jack daniels on the rocks with a splash of coca cola please!
  • November 5, 2010 4:52 AM PDT
    i'll stick to my home made apple pie....
    • 846 posts
    November 5, 2010 6:30 AM PDT
    Just Jack some times on the rocks. Once and a blue moon Gentlemen Jack straight up anything else is a sin with a gentlemen.
    • 0 posts
    November 5, 2010 7:14 AM PDT
    Good quality rum straight up.(strained over ice)
    I should have been a pirate...
    • 0 posts
    November 5, 2010 8:10 AM PDT
    I'm not much of a drinker....I like a couple of cold Carlton draughts on the way home from work,then usually a Jack and rasberry or Jack and Coke...As those of you who know me know I really am not much of a drinker...CHEERS BOOF
    • 0 posts
    November 5, 2010 8:23 AM PDT
    Oh and Bailey's on coco pops is the breakfast of champions............CHEERS BOOF
    • 0 posts
    November 5, 2010 11:32 AM PDT
    When I give up drinking I'm gonna move Stateside and drink MGD's all day long coz your beer aint really drinking.......CHEERS BOOF
    • 580 posts
    November 8, 2010 9:55 AM PST
    Jacks or Jamesons - on their own as anything else is sacrilege - no frills, no ice, no messing - just sup it. I like Baileys at Christmas. Bailey's cheesecake is scrummy but must now try Boof's special recipie - though I may have to have rice crispies cos don't like cocoa pops lol (o:
    • 9 posts
    November 8, 2010 10:16 AM PST
    A tumbler, about half full of Gentalman Jack, Neat! Music turned up ^ standing in the pool... Thats a wind down.
  • November 8, 2010 11:22 AM PST
    cold beer,occasional jeager shots-sometimes on the same night
    • 1066 posts
    November 8, 2010 2:01 PM PST
    Howard, my wife made the Baileys recipe over the holidays last year, pretty tasty. I am the "Unofficial Margarita Tester" for my area, so I guess "1800 Tequila" would be my preference.
    • 58 posts
    November 8, 2010 2:21 PM PST
    For serious wind down? A good mellow dark beer if not, then a tawny port.I'm not into the hard stuff...clouds my thinking...

• November 18, 2010 1:21 PM PST
    I have a bottle of Brain's SA waiting for me in Wales... not a beer drinker really - I just liked the welsh dragon on the cap - but the friend who collected the cap for me says I should taste the stuff to make it "officially" mine. :]
    • 223 posts
    November 18, 2010 1:27 PM PST
    Just plain old coffee, leaded, straight up and black for me. 24/7, if I could, I'd just hang an IV bag with it on a gravity bolus!
  • November 20, 2010 10:06 PM PST
    I like just about anything mostly Jack and coke, "shine" when it around but it makes me pretty crazy! A cold (Bud) beer is ok, but I hate all the bathroom stops!
  • November 20, 2010 10:27 PM PST
    Whiskey is the only way to go - used to drink a lot of Bundy Rum, Castlemaine XXXX, Vodka, Gin ... Geez looks like I've drunk quite a bit over time. Have drunk Jack but wouldn't write home about him... probably couldn't write at the time anyway...
    • 19058 posts
    November 20, 2010 10:55 PM PST
    999 times out of 1000  it is Good old No 7, with water or ginger ale. Like RufCut I also occasionally like the Gentleman Jack over ice. BTW I am a Tennessee Squire.
    I like a lot of wines but don't drink them very much, day afters are too rough. Like Tom T Hall I do like good beer with meals, but if you can see light through it in a class then it is too light. Guiness is tops. Simialr to Lucky (Irish Creme) I also like Kahlua in black coffee to warm the joints on a cold day. Oh and peppermint Schnapps in hot chocolate does it well also.
  • November 21, 2010 1:09 AM PST
    I like a little Jack or Maker's Mark over ice, but have been enjoying a little Maker's Mark 46 lately....very smooth.
  • November 22, 2010 2:39 AM PST
    All that's well & good, but nothing beats a nice fatty of some California greenbud!
  • November 22, 2010 4:48 AM PST
    Jameson's or Bushmills - straight up - good sippin'
  • November 23, 2010 2:32 AM PST
    I like to sit back with about two fingers of Dram Bouie over ice.

Other than that, any dark rum will do. Beer is Sam Adams.