Doesn't anyone build they’re own bikes any more?

• November 3, 2009 3:46 PM PST
    If you want to see bikes that people have built then go to "CLUB CHOPPER"
  • g
    November 3, 2009 11:26 PM PST
    im looking for a new garage at the moment ,want to get more work ,want to start up on my own full time .
  • November 4, 2009 12:00 PM PST
    I work on motorcycles too much to actually build one. I'm happy with HD's R&D:-)
  • November 11, 2009 10:01 PM PST
    Hello America, my user name is nine of diamonds and this will be my trike when it is finished
  • g
    November 12, 2009 12:00 AM PST
    aye,aye nine .
  • g
    November 12, 2009 12:05 AM PST
    looks good nine .
    • 513 posts
    November 12, 2009 12:18 AM PST
    nice looking trike man!
  • g
    November 12, 2009 2:11 AM PST
    girl ,llf
  • November 12, 2009 3:28 AM PST
    g, I'm past 21 many years ago therefore fully grown woman not a girl, lol.
  • g
    November 12, 2009 5:15 AM PST
    sorry ,lady .
  • November 12, 2009 9:36 AM PST
    I've been building all my life one project or another and not limited to bikes. Between myself and my two sons I've never run out of things to build. My current build has been my 1980 Honda CBX. I've always loved the bike with it's outrageous inline 6 and Ferrari like sound. I knew I'd get to own one sooner or later. That finally happened about a year and a half ago. It's been an ongoing project ever since. I'd say I'm done for now but you never know!

Before and after pics:

BTW, I like what the factory builds too! My other bike....... (stock appearing but don't assume anything!)

• November 12, 2009 11:28 AM PST
    I TOTALLY HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU, THERE IS NO FEELING LIKE RIDING A BIKE THAT YOU BUILT, OR WORKED ON. WORDS CANT EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS. I STARTED RIDING MASS PRODUCTIONS BIKE AND I STILL DO OWN A COUPLE, BUT I LOVE MY HOME BUILT BOBBER, CHECK IT OUT SHE IS THE BIKE OF THE MONTH...YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT THE BUILDING PROCCES ON MY FACE BOOK. ERIC N PAGAN.
  • g
    November 13, 2009 11:22 PM PST
    nice bussa ,fast as ,must be one of the fastest road bikes ?.
  • November 14, 2009 2:40 AM PST
    g wrote...

I think the honor of fastest would go to the ZX-14 vs the 1st gen, (99-07 Busa's). The 2nd gen, (08 and up Busa's), evened the score a bit with a larger engine. The 14 and 2nd  gen are very close. The rider would decide the outcome.

My Busa? 1st gen, 2005. It's got a little extra help hidden in the hump. With that I have no problems whipping a 14! 
  • November 14, 2009 2:43 AM PST
    My son and I have been building and rebuilding this bike every year for the past 4 years. It started as a stock ironhead sportster and morphed into this little chop.
    Z-bars
    Suicide clutch
    Jockey shift
    hame fabbed rear section
    raked to 38*

• g
    November 14, 2009 6:25 AM PST
    bbqb4racin wrote...
    g wrote...

I think the honor of fastest would go to the ZX-14 vs the 1st gen, (99-07 Busa's). The 2nd gen, (08 and up Busa's), evened the score a bit with a larger engine. The 14 and 2nd  gen are very close. The rider would decide the outcome.

My Busa? 1st gen, 2005. It's got a little extra help hidden in the hump. With that I have no problems whipping a 14! 

aye gid auld kawas ,love them .
  • January 3, 2010 9:50 PM PST
    this is the same bike that is in my profile pic i finished it last winter rode it all summer but just wasent happy so new tank and paint i do like it now but who knows what it will look like next year. its kind of like my other bike i re did that thing about 5 times before i was happy with it
  • g
    January 4, 2010 1:39 AM PST
    what is it ?? no sure about american bikes ,indian ????
    • 1509 posts
    January 4, 2010 1:56 AM PST
    now a days building your own motorcycle means picking up a catalouge, your visa card, and cell phone and ordering everything. there is a nother site I am on www.shovelhead.us that has a lot of old school bikers and their creation. my good friend 68shovelbobber has his builds photos posted there awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

the wide glide in the picture I totally tore down and re assembled and painted that is what every one should try once great learning experievce
  • g
    January 4, 2010 2:11 AM PST
    good work .
  • January 4, 2010 5:43 AM PST
    thanks g its a 1969 Harley XLCH sportster
  • January 4, 2010 5:46 AM PST
    nice shovel shedsrusty59 my next build will be a shovel if not a pan
    • 1509 posts
    January 4, 2010 6:02 AM PST
    THANK YOU BULLMOOSE I LIKE THE IRON HEAD MY SELF LOOKS GOOD

IF YOU WANT A GOOD SHOVEL BUILD LET ME KNOW 68SHOVELBOBBER DOES GREAT WORK AND ALSO DOES REFIT 5 SPEED KICKERS IN 4 SPEED CASES. HE WILL NOT WORK ON TWIN CAMS BUT WILL DO KNUCKLES, PANS, SHOVELS, AND EVO'S
  • January 4, 2010 6:02 AM PST
    Im seeing some really nice work, keep sending in those pictures. Most of all keep on building!
  • January 4, 2010 6:09 AM PST
    http://www.youtube.com/v/dNTSQINkf00&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dNTSQINkf00&hl=en_US&fs=1&"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>%26hl=en%26fs=1%26rel=0%26ap=%2526fmt=18"> Just rebuilt this 79 shovel last year for the 4 or 5 time. Hope you like the vid.