Scatchin' the Itch...

• 5420 posts
    October 6, 2010 5:44 AM PDT
    rory1 wrote...
    So..........lucky keeps a bottle of JD for visitors !!! see ya soon Lucky

Ok, but bring a bottle of Jameson just in case...

• 1 posts
    October 6, 2010 6:24 AM PDT
    You've been really close more than once.....
    • 19037 posts
    October 6, 2010 11:03 AM PDT
    Cathy wrote...
    You've been really close more than once.....

So are you two still in NY?

Weather is going to send me south first so we won't hook up till summer. Unless you head south for the winter. If you get to PA before the 23rd of Oct maybe then??

Gettin' short...
    • 19037 posts
    October 7, 2010 1:51 AM PDT
    Roz, Riley and I are on a 'shake down' cruise. I am learning a lot of "how to's" of RV life. Riley is as happy as a dog in a parking lot full of fire hydrants! So many new smells, oh and squirrels...

Fascinating how as I posted this one of my favorite Dar Williams songs, "Road Buddies", came on my music player. I tried to find a video but didn't. It is on the sound track of "Smoke Signals", a great indie movie...

• 5420 posts
    October 7, 2010 3:54 AM PDT
    What a lucky man, I am so envious! That Riley is a pretty lucky dog too. When he's had enough wind in his face, he can go lay on the bed. He can probably even smell the squirells righ from the bed
  • October 7, 2010 5:09 AM PDT
    You go REX!!!! Only wish I had the time to do it. Will watch for your travels thru NC.
  • October 7, 2010 7:33 AM PDT
    will the mobile garage carry either of the secondary transportations? Enclosed? They change the Rv handleing and fuel cost even if it is a tote. Did a 40 ft pusher for 3 weeks from north Wisconsin to Gatlinsburg Tn with son and grandson and my mother and dad for part of the trip. LOVED IT........
    • 19037 posts
    October 7, 2010 11:46 AM PDT
    Howard, there will be two vehicles in tow. First is Mack, my 83 CJ7. Gonna leave him in Texas at my sisters house and then come back for Rex, hopefully I can find a reasonable enclosed trailer. Not sure from that point on though. As for gas it will be an expense but I do not plan to be using Roz (RV) as a daily driver except to get from location to location. She should be parked most of the time.

Lucky, thanks for the comment about squirrels. Read my blog for today (not on CF). There is a Riley and squirrel story.
    • 580 posts
    October 7, 2010 12:03 PM PDT
    We are all so excited for you but it's even greater that you're not doing it alone but sharing it with us, You sure have a way with words and it's a pleasure to read your blog. Loving the pics too

Big hugz and eagerly awaiting the next instalment
    • 277 posts
    October 7, 2010 3:15 PM PDT
    I can't wait for my Riley to meet your Riley!
  • October 7, 2010 3:36 PM PDT
    You are welcome at our place whenever you get to beautiful MT. We have a place for you to park and a big fenced yard, not to mention wonderful  views:-)
    • 58 posts
    October 7, 2010 8:02 PM PDT
    Didn't take Riley long at all to figure out how to open the door!!!
    • 2 posts
    November 11, 2010 12:51 AM PST
    Not quite sure where you are or where you are going to be but if you are in the Southern Tier of NY PM me.

Southern Tier not much of a destination place but well worth a detour.- Pretty enough scenery & great wine.

Have parking spce in the drivway & a handy electrical outlet -
    • 19037 posts
    November 11, 2010 1:12 AM PST
    Hey Savage, Thanks! We are doing the south-land for the winter.Roz isn't winterized, and for that mater neither am I this year. I will be in the North Country later next summer or early next fall. You can follow our exploits at http://scratchin-the-itch.blogspot.com. Or some-what here.
  • November 11, 2010 1:37 PM PST
    .If you are in NC new bern area feel free to park at my home and stay a few days and enjoy coffee or beer or whatever you prefer.Its just 3 friends that share a house and we are all riders.
    • 19037 posts
    November 11, 2010 10:56 PM PST
    I will be traveling through New Bern next Wed (maybe)