Bike Trailers

• September 10, 2010 8:32 AM PDT
    id like to find a cargo only bike trailor to pull behind my streetglide but there are so many choices out there, your opininions are greatly appreciated thanks
    • 5420 posts
    September 10, 2010 9:19 AM PDT
    • 2072 posts
    September 10, 2010 10:18 AM PDT
    Check out Harbor Freight. They have a pretty cool little trailer that is reasonably priced. Real close to the one I have and I love it !!
  • September 13, 2010 3:09 AM PDT
    thanks guys im gonna stop by harbor freight and check out there trailors, we only plan on using the trailor three or four times a year so i didnt want to dump a ton of money into it.
    • 844 posts
    September 15, 2010 6:28 AM PDT
    If you are going to go with that motorcycle trailer from Harbor Freight, I would recommend spending a couple of bucks and swapping those 8" wheels for 10" wheels. The bolt pattern on them should be the same and there is clearance on the fenders. It will provide a much better ride. And you should be able to sell the rims and tires pretty easy on eBay.
  • September 15, 2010 8:01 AM PDT
    Check www.northerntool.com. several sizes and load capasities. Good supply of building supplies also.
    • 1 posts
    September 15, 2010 10:17 AM PDT
    I agree with gofur, the slightly bigger wheels and tires will improve the ride greatly. Them 8" wheels are going to hop up going over even the smallest bumps in the road.
    • 2072 posts
    September 15, 2010 1:20 PM PDT
    My little trailer has the 8" wheels and I have towed it from California to Arkansas and back with no issues. However, I do agree, the 12" tires would be much better if for nothing else, bearing life. If the tires I have now ever wear out I am going to go to the 12".