Making people feel special is actually easy

• 1780 posts
    August 23, 2010 2:24 AM PDT
    Well it's been some time now since I've posted anything, but I felt it was time to share with the family a new life's lession. For those of you that don't know me I've been part of the CF Family since first week of December 2009, and I've been one of those very out spoken people on various subjects. I would like to share with you a new lession in life I've learned of late. Retired from the US Government, ex-military, vietnam vet, I now work  as a Commissioned Security Officer, and most of the post I worked I've had to deal with some of the worst criminal element's in our society. I'm on a new post now, which is a Mexican Restaurant  located on the border line of a ruff part of Dallas Texas, and a very rich part part of town. The Restaurant has been there since 1948, and has a strong following of rich customers, most of which are up in their years. I started out ensuring the high end cars in the parking lot didn't get stolen or broken into, which has happen in the past. I finally relize there was really more to the job than just watching cars, so I started opening doors and helping the elders out of there cars, listening to there stories of when they ate there as a teenager, laughing with them, and giving them hugs when needed. I wave at folks as they come and as they leave the Restaurant.  Oddly enought I felt myself becoming a better person, a person that I liked more and more. What change I ask myself....Hey hard ass you are becoming human it appears, and by damn I like it. I guess the Lord works in strange ways, and one should not question why. 
    Here's my life's lession for all the hard asses out there......Care more for your fellow man / woman, give special attention to the older generation...they deserve and have earned it, listen more instead of talking, shake hands / pats on the back, laugh more, and live more, go the extra mile for others. The people around you will love the attention your giving them, and you will feel like a re-born person......it's a win win for everyone!  

Signed......still around Night Dragon
  • August 23, 2010 3:18 AM PDT
    Now you are becoming a real Hard core biker dude. Love and share with us all each day. Makes the days easier and happier. The Spirit will protect and guide.
    • 1516 posts
    August 23, 2010 3:26 AM PDT
    Great to hear from you Dragon!! You are oh so right, just a little humanity and make you a better person! Just don't go to Wal-mart of Costco on the weekend and expect to come out of there with a high regard for fellow humans!
  • August 23, 2010 3:31 AM PDT
    Great to hear from you again ND!! Great Life Lesson for sure!! Wish alot of other folks would see and realize as you are!!
    • 5420 posts
    August 23, 2010 3:47 AM PDT
    Dragon, glad you stopped in.  Your words are always inspiring and appreciated.  Yep it is amazing how good you feel when you make someone else feel good.

I so look forward to the opportunity to meet you and AngelEyes one day soon!
  • August 23, 2010 3:55 AM PDT
    I am as always impressed by your insights!
    • 1364 posts
    August 23, 2010 4:10 AM PDT
    Right on ND, That's the way it USED to be................... Glad to see that HISTORY is repeating it's self.... Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself
  • August 23, 2010 5:53 AM PDT
    Wonderful post ND, as always! I agree with highrisk too ~ the way it used to be. I think a lot of us were raised with core values and respect for others. A lot of it has to do with respect for ones' self. Be careful out there ~ sounds like you have your work cut out for you but have some wonderful perks ;-) Great to hear from you Brother!
    • 6 posts
    August 23, 2010 7:13 AM PDT
    So right brother! It's a great feeling, and it's something that no one expects anymore. Everyone's ready to catch a harsh word or a cold shoulder. When they get something else, it really catches them off guard in an amazing way. I have some spiritual reasons for doing those things, but truthfully, no matter what your belief system involves, helping others is just the right thing to do!!!

I've said it before, I'll say it again, can't wait to meet you in person; our friends that we're moving to AZ to stay close to just bought a place in Gilbert, so looks like that's where we'll be, too!
    • 19046 posts
    August 23, 2010 7:17 AM PDT
    Hey Kenny, that is cool. I will say that is who I thought you were anyway. I usually read people fairly well in person and when we met in KY you were the 'good' guy I expected to meet. Keep your insights coming man, oh and keep the sewer drain clear...hahahahahaha
    • 1066 posts
    August 23, 2010 7:28 AM PDT
    Brother Dragon, I knew there was a nice mellow Dude under that "Bad Ass Biker Guise", but I won't ever tell anyone that, I promise. And Lucky, If you get to meet NightDragon, and Sweet Angel Eyes, brother you will be truly blessed, as they are great folks.
    • 1780 posts
    August 23, 2010 8:17 AM PDT
    Thanks everyone for the kind words......all I know is I'm a happer person for letting the kind side of me out.
    Everyone be safe out there, love the whold bunch of ya. Best family in the world is the CF Family!!!!!!!!
    Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    August 23, 2010 8:19 AM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...
    Brother Dragon, I knew there was a nice mellow Dude under that "Bad Ass Biker Guise", but I won't ever tell anyone that, I promise. And Lucky, If you get to meet NightDragon, and Sweet Angel Eyes, brother you will be truly blessed, as they are great folks.

Now watch that Hollywood....your going to get me teared up...thanks
  • August 23, 2010 10:28 AM PDT
    Great guy, and he does a pretty good tuck and roll too.
    • 19046 posts
    August 23, 2010 10:31 AM PDT
    Scott!!! That is FUNNY!!!!
    • 352 posts
    August 23, 2010 10:42 AM PDT
    TheExtreme wrote...
    Great guy, and he does a pretty good tuck and roll too.

...and roll and roll and roll

It was indeed a great pleasure to meet Ken & Deb...and yea once ya get under the dragons rough scales, he's just a softie
  • August 23, 2010 10:45 AM PDT
    What has been going on around here? I've been out of pocket. I have heard some disturbing things about people getting deleted off of here for certain reasons. Doesn't sound like some are being made to feel special.
    • 352 posts
    August 23, 2010 10:48 AM PDT

??

Ya lost me on that one.

• 1161 posts
    August 23, 2010 11:21 AM PDT
    Not sure but I posted a joke but it was deleted o well sh*t happens I just try to keep them as clean as possable and dont let it bother me it is not an easy job to deside what is good and what is not. and some others were also deleted for other things not sure I missed them as well.

But Good to hear from you ND was wondering where you were.
    • 568 posts
    August 23, 2010 9:47 PM PDT
    TheExtreme wrote...
    What has been going on around here? I've been out of pocket. I have heard some disturbing things about people getting deleted off of here for certain reasons. Doesn't sound like some are being made to feel special.
  • August 23, 2010 10:48 PM PDT
    Seakers wrote...
    Not sure but I posted a joke but it was deleted o well sh*t happens I just try to keep them as clean as possable and dont let it bother me it is not an easy job to deside what is good and what is not. and some others were also deleted for other things not sure I missed them as well.

But Good to hear from you ND was wondering where you were.

mine gets deleted all the time, but you see me keep commin back with more (but more clean that is) 
    good to hear from ya ND ! ! ! 

• August 23, 2010 11:39 PM PDT
    Very inspiring...thanks for your insight.
  • August 24, 2010 7:58 AM PDT
    nightdragon, we have never really talked directly, but from what you post, the world could certainly use a few more good people like you. Maybe then it could get back to where people respected one another, and looked out for each other.

Thank you for the inspiring words.
  • August 24, 2010 9:58 AM PDT
      you're a good person nightdragon.  Hope we're not destrying your bad a$$ biker image
    • 76 posts
    August 25, 2010 2:06 AM PDT
    Love this post -- Paying it Forward (great movie too!!).