ATGATT

• August 19, 2010 7:20 PM PDT
    i know this has been hashed out on other forums, but with all the people on here who wear helmets, i was wondering how many of us wear all the gear all the time?  i always were blue jeans and boots, but not very much on the top half.   here in ohio, it has been so daggone humid that a person cant hardly breath, let alone put on a coat to ride a bike!  so how bout it guys?  you wear ATGATT?  keep on winginit  rick
  • g
    August 20, 2010 7:46 AM PDT
    always ...lid ,jacket ,leather trousers ,boots,.......but we dont have the same hot weather in scotland ,will say though i went out the otherday without my leather trousers on and i felt naked ,niver had the same comfidence .
    • 1509 posts
    August 20, 2010 8:08 AM PDT
    I do not own leather lowers I do have Jacket and vest. Always wear long jeans and leather boots or new balance shoes that is all I can wear. Doctors orders. Just depends on ankle movement ability. Helmet always it saved my life. Glasses always gloves sometimes.
    • 19046 posts
    August 20, 2010 8:20 AM PDT
    Don't own chaps, if too cold long-johns under my always denim. Heavy leather jacket if real cold, light leather shirt if moderate cool. Combat boots, insulated if real cold. Gloves only when cold. Absolutely no half gloves. My rag (colors/cut or whatever the locals call it) if it isn't too hot. Glasses always since I am blind in my left eye and need the prescription for my right. Windshield, only if below 40 or on extended road trip. Helmet only when required by law and then just a beanie...
  • August 20, 2010 2:06 PM PDT
    g wrote...
    always ...lid ,jacket ,leather trousers ,boots,.......but we dont have the same hot weather in scotland ,will say though i went out the otherday without my leather trousers on and i felt naked ,niver had the same comfidence .

Leather trousers? You don't have 'cheek chillers' to impress the baaaaaaaaaaaaaad girls? heh heh!

• August 20, 2010 2:11 PM PDT
    Jacket weight depending on temp (leather vest if hot), helmet always (half helmet unless it's pouring... then full face, which I hate...) gloves vary depending on temp (do have half gloves for really hot weather) chaps unless really hot (then just jeans), and always wear my boots. Don't own any heated gear... just go in sounding like a soprano to order a hot cup of coffee to wrap my numb fingers around... ha ha!
    • 1066 posts
    August 20, 2010 10:34 PM PDT
    In this 85 to 90 degree heat, with about 80 plus humidity, long jeans and boots. Glasses always, helmet sometimes, depending on the trip, and temp. I do have leathers for cooler temps. Always long pants, and boots.
    • 0 posts
    August 21, 2010 3:38 AM PDT
    I go along with BlackPearl. Of course we live in the same area, so it makes sense.
  • g
    August 21, 2010 4:50 AM PDT
    Blackpearl wrote...
    g wrote...

Leather trousers? You don't have 'cheek chillers' to impress the baaaaaaaaaaaaaad girls? heh heh!

race trousers .lol
  • August 21, 2010 7:26 AM PDT
    Denim pants, leather boots, half gloves in the heat (hate the feeling of my hands sweating on the grips) light leather jacket in the heat (white so they can see me). Heavy blue leather jacket in the cold and chaps. Always a do rag to keep the hair out of my eyes and a half helmet.

Jacket is hot in the heat but I'll endure for the protection.
    • 5420 posts
    August 22, 2010 4:01 AM PDT
    I would like to say I wear ATGATT, because safety is very important to me, but I do cut back at times and comfort takes priority.  I always wear long pnags, helmet, gloves, and most of the time at least a long sleave shirt. 
    • 834 posts
    August 24, 2010 10:05 AM PDT
    I know I should, but it is just so damn hot here in AZ. I ride most of the time with boots, jeans, a t-shirt, half gloves, and a helmet. Yes I wear a helmet by choice.
    • 23 posts
    August 25, 2010 3:40 AM PDT
    I wear my helmet about 90% of the time. Other than that, I wear a denim vest, long jeans, and boots. I now have to get taller boots for ankle support since my road slide last week, and I think I'll keep my gloves on all the time. That road rash is hard to get anything done around here. I have chaps, and I wear them when it's cold, or when I'm attending a ralley. All my travel patches are on them, and I like to show them off.