More from The Tragedy in Iowa...

• August 18, 2010 12:26 AM PDT
    Hawk6351 wrote...
    I think it might be fitting for us to fly something on our bikes for these guys... whatcha think?

I think you are all awesome to consider doing something like that. Tell you what...I am meeting today with American Legion Riders Post 141 to discuss how M/C Mags can help raise money for the monument they want to erect to the Fallen Four(BTW, Mike, I give you rights as who started  the phrase The Fallen Four) Our t-shirt guy wants to help and one suggestion I'll have to the Bros is bandanas. I'll let you know what  decisions are made and how to purchase them .

• August 18, 2010 2:25 AM PDT
    I have done the photo album for the funerals/dedication. Already had 115 views and I wasn't even done with it yet!! Thank you all
  • August 19, 2010 12:36 AM PDT
    Quick update: Meeting was mostly on the upcoming memorial ride. I'll post an event for it later on today. They are working on getting dorags/danners through my t-shirt guy so I'll let you know when they're available.
    • 1780 posts
    August 19, 2010 3:05 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Thanks Dana for that poem, I know it came from the heart, Very nicely put...
    Nathan, I also know how deep in side that reading came from. Thanks.

Now for the misperception about some policies...
    Religion is a personal and thereby touchy subject. That is why  there are well thought out reasons for some restrictions and guidelines to adhere to. CycleFish admin doesn't edit everything with a religious tone. But if  someone starts to preach, or makes condemning remarks aimed at a specific religion, person or ethnic group, count on it being removed or edited. That is why this site is in many peoples opinion the Best Family Friendly Biker site on the web.

Now that being said let's keep this forum where it belongs. Only about the Tragedy in Iowa.  PLEASE no more discussions here about policies. Start a new forum topic if that has to be discussed.

Everyone has to appreciate Rex's position as a moderator on this site. It's hard to be the cop of anything, but I do admire Mike as a fair minded easy to like kind of guy. Keep up the good work Mike, you and the other Moderator's keep CF the best site on the internet. No offense to Nathan and others becasue I've had my wires cut before.
    Dragon

• August 19, 2010 4:54 AM PDT

M/C Mags For Military is teaming up with our Brothers from American Legion Riders Post 141 Glenwood, IA to help honor The Fallen 4. The group lost 4 of their members in a motorcycle accident that happened while on their way back from Sturgis 8/9/10. We found a way we can help them raise money for a memorial fund and by the same token, help past and present service men and women have a brighter Holiday Season this year, and for many to come. M/C Mags is looking for clubs/people to sponsor Christmas trees that will be sent to troops overseas as well as given to Veterans in the metro area. For every tree sponsored at $50, $1 will go to ALR#141 toward the monument they want to erect for The Fallen 4, Dennis Chaney, Dale Aspedon, Steve Benscoter, and Jay Bock. A certificate with the name of the donor in honor of the bikers will go with every tree.

If you can help, please conatact me
  • August 21, 2010 1:26 AM PDT
    Forgot to mention..ALR #141 is getting Jay a vest and making sure it has all the right patches on it for him. His family chipped in to buy the vest and the Bros will take care of the rest. Very cool
  • August 24, 2010 12:47 AM PDT
    M/C Mags is setting up at Bike Night August 25th with raffle tickets for an ATV the American Legion Riders are selling. They're raising money for the memorial to The Fallen 4
  • August 27, 2010 12:29 AM PDT
    The memorial t-shirts are in. The crew and I went to the ALR meeting last night to finalize plans for the Memorial Run for The Fallen 4 and we got a look at the T's. They came out great and we'll have more info after this weekend when we attend the run. Our Bros have graciously allowed us to set-up a booth for M/C Mags and we will be at the Loess Hills Rally as guests also. Thank you everyone who has shown them support at this rough patch on their road...God Bless The Fallen 4

BTW Recon1 is Chaplain of Post 141 ALR maybe he can put up a picture of the shirts for us.
    • 19046 posts
    August 27, 2010 1:10 AM PDT
    I would certainly like to see the shirt...
  • September 24, 2010 4:49 AM PDT
    FINALLY some news about the Fallen 4

NewsWatch 7 Schlichtemeier update: Iowa investigators say Andrew Schlichtemeier also had marijuana in his blood at the time of the August 9 crash that killed four men on motorcycles. Schlichtemeier charged with four counts of homicide by motor vehicle. His blood alcohol content was .373 He has till noon tomarrow to turn himself in.
  • September 24, 2010 4:55 AM PDT

Schlictemeier Charged In Deaths Of 4 Bikers
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ketv.com%2F&h=33780 /> LOGAN, Iowa -- Charges have been filed against the man investigators said is res...ponsible for the deaths of four motorcyclists along Interstate 29 near Little Sioux last month. Friday, September 24, 2010.See More..14 minutes ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike · Share
    • 19046 posts
    September 24, 2010 8:59 AM PDT
    I know it won't help the riders killed or their families but I hope they make an example out of that idiot...