More from The Tragedy in Iowa...

• August 14, 2010 2:31 AM PDT
    I just visited the web site for this group and was reading throught their blogs. The ramblings sound like more like a person suffering from mental illness than a rational thinking person. What I find more disturbing looking through their photos was the use of children standing along roads or at their demonstration holding up their signs. I'm shaking right now, I'm so upset. These people are total cowards to put their children on the front lines of their hatred and sickness.
    • 567 posts
    August 14, 2010 3:49 AM PDT
    TigerLady wrote...
    Well...the word has gone out. There will be more bikes at this funeral than the little town of Glenwood has ever seen. I've been on the phone and computer all day rallying everyone. Some of my close Bros that are in another chapter of the American Legion Riders have gotten the word on their way to Sturgis, and have turned around. Once the word got out that WBC was coming, they didn't hesitate.

I'm really glad to hear that some of the Sturgis gang and bikers in the area are going to show their support for a fallen rider and for the family. Hooray for their compassion !!!
    My heart goes out to the family.
    And, I hope that the WBC people get their just desserts for displaying their hateful ways in a totally inappropriate forum. What a bunch of total idiots !!
    • 6 posts
    August 14, 2010 5:10 AM PDT
    All I can say is.... my first instinct is to reschedule my vacation and ride to iowa instead.... however, since my first action upon arrival would be to start punching faces, I suppose I should refrain from going. I consider myself a devout Christ follower, so that wouldn't be the thing for me to do. However, as a minister I can say with authority that Christ wouldn't approve of these fools either! Goes to show what happens when people refuse to follow the WHOLE Book, but only a few pieces of it, twisted fr their own motives of hate. I feel sorry for them.... sort of.
  • August 14, 2010 5:24 AM PDT
    I don't think you have to have permission to publish a "public" photo.
  • August 14, 2010 7:23 AM PDT
    Quick update between things: The WBC was set sooooo far back away from the mortuary that we could not see or barely hear anything! That was good..they claim to be out at the Dedication tonight in full force though. It's ok, there'll be many more bikes tonight than the 100 + that came to the funeral. Two Brothers laid to rest, 2 to go. They plan to be at those funerals, too..so you can bet the rebellious motorcyclists from western Iowa and beyond will be there too!
  • August 14, 2010 7:28 AM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    Here's a red ribbon (red signifies the blood spilled by our fallen brother's to ride free).

Does anyone know when the funeral is to take place? It may have been posted but I missed it. My sorrow to our brother's; their friends and loved ones.

Thank you for your heartfelt condolences..I'll pass them along. The next 2 funerals are as follows:

Funeral for Air Force Vet Steven Benscoter -Mon., Aug. 16th,10:30 AM Hertz Funeral Home 112 N. Vine St., Glenwood, IA

Funeral for Jay C. Bock -Tues., Aug. 17th,  11:00 AM West Center Chapel 7805 West Center Rd., Omaha, NE

• 19046 posts
    August 15, 2010 9:19 AM PDT
    This was gleaned from M/C Mags page on facebook. Dana, aka TigerLady here is seen in the video. It looks like the bikers came together once more. Too bad there was a tragic reason but we will do it again and again.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wowt.com%2Fhome%2Fheadlines%2F100702879.html&h=81942 />

There is a problem with the link. Thanks Coop, Use this instead...
    http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/100702879.html />

• August 15, 2010 1:41 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    This was gleaned from M/C Mags page on facebook. Dana, aka TigerLady here is seen in the video. It looks like the bikers came together once more. Too bad there was a tragic reason but we will do it again and again.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wowt.com%2Fhome%2Fheadlines%2F100702879.html&h=81942 />  

Mike,
    Is it possible you can put a link to this on FB. For some reason or other I can not copy and paste the link and I did a search on FB, but came up empty. Thanks
  • August 15, 2010 2:02 PM PDT
    Hey Deb ~ try this and see if it works...

www.wowt.com/home/headlines/100702879.html />
    Coop
  • August 15, 2010 2:19 PM PDT
    Blackpearl wrote...
    Hey Deb ~ try this and see if it works...

www.wowt.com/home/headlines/100702879.html />
    Coop

Thanks Coop, that worked!!!
    • 19046 posts
    August 15, 2010 2:49 PM PDT
    Sorry for the screwy link. Thanks Coop!
  • August 15, 2010 4:54 PM PDT
    I am apalled but not suprised, I am extreamly disapointed in these people that claim they are gods peopl,e I apoligise
    for them to all you folks that have put your lives on the line in battle and to those that have lost loved
    ones in the line of duty so as all Americans and American wannabes can have freedom of all we have. 

I do not any way condone any type of prejudice, hate or bigitory....The people that behave in these fashions
    are aragont, uneducated and selfish.

People should be able to  live their lives in due harmony as they see fit as long as they do it respectfully, honestly
    and by all means with sincerity.
     RandyJoe....
  • August 16, 2010 12:25 AM PDT
    Thank you to everybody for all the great responce on here. Another funeral today and then tomarrow. Hopefully then we can try to get on with things around here. I will put some pictures up after tomarrow when I have all of them. Appreciate you guys putting that link to the video up for me. I've heard it made national news
    • 19046 posts
    August 16, 2010 3:30 AM PDT
    I had a conversation with TigerLady a short while ago and as you can tell from the video the biker outpouring of support was phenomenal!!! Once again proving what we all already know. Bikers is the best people!
  • August 16, 2010 6:13 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Sorry for the screwy link. Thanks Coop!

Nah ~ not screwy... I just got lucky! 

Hope all is going well with Rex!

Coop

• 6 posts
    August 16, 2010 12:56 PM PDT
    I'm so proud of the brothers and sisters that came out to show their support, and I could puke on these sorry excuses for humans.... how dare anyone place God's name on their hate and rejoice in the loss of a fellow man. It makes me ill. Sorry, guys, but I don't think I can follow this story much longer before I just lose it. I know that the following is a minor breach of the rules, but it's SO very appropriate, I hope I can get away with it....

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put into practice, and the God of peace will be with you." (Philippians 4:8-9)

Just seems to fit right now. If I get edited, I understand!
  • August 16, 2010 1:52 PM PDT
    Hawk6351 wrote...
    I'm so proud of the brothers and sisters that came out to show their support, and I could puke on these sorry excuses for humans.... how dare anyone place God's name on their hate and rejoice in the loss of a fellow man. It makes me ill. Sorry, guys, but I don't think I can follow this story much longer before I just lose it. I know that the following is a minor breach of the rules, but it's SO very appropriate, I hope I can get away with it....

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put into practice, and the God of peace will be with you." (Philippians 4:8-9)

Hawk ~ I don't see any reason why you should be edited ~ (   so I guess that includes me too). We are a nation of religious freedom, the pursuit of happiness. I see nothing wrong with wishing well for our fellow men and women and mourning the loss of said same. I applaud you for your quotation, thus showing that the zealots who use His Name to spread their vile message will ultimately be discovered and reckoned with.

They will see their day ~ and I am proud to be a member of a family who supports and cares in a time of need.

• 413 posts
    August 16, 2010 2:30 PM PDT
    Hawk6351 wrote...

Like BlackPearl as well. Am not a religous man per say but there ain't nothing wrong with a passage from the good book as long as you take it and do good with what you read. I hope they don't delete this but they have deleted other stuff; so who knows which way the wind will blow but I support your right to speak freely grasshopper 

• August 17, 2010 12:30 AM PDT
    Mike has started this topic and is administrator, so hope it's a safe bet that he won't edit too harshly. Last funeral today, then Wednesday night I meet w/ the American Legion Riders of Post 141 to discuss helping them with their monument they are raising money to erect. M/C Mags has a great idea on how we can help. As soon as we get details finalized, I'll announce it here and members who want can get involved.
  • August 17, 2010 12:31 AM PDT
    We live for each other,
    Take care of our own.
    Brother to Brother,
    Where ever we roam.

Live to ride,
    And ride to live.
    We wear our pride,
    We strive to give.

Some people see us,
    And shake their heads.
    Some wish to be us…
    The lives we have led.

The vow we have taken,
    To be there for another,
    Can never be shaken…
    We live for each other.

By Dana Vincent
    • 19046 posts
    August 17, 2010 1:38 AM PDT
    Thanks Dana for that poem, I know it came from the heart, Very nicely put...
    Nathan, I also know how deep in side that reading came from. Thanks.

Now for the misperception about some policies...
    Religion is a personal and thereby touchy subject. That is why  there are well thought out reasons for some restrictions and guidelines to adhere to. CycleFish admin doesn't edit everything with a religious tone. But if  someone starts to preach, or makes condemning remarks aimed at a specific religion, person or ethnic group, count on it being removed or edited. That is why this site is in many peoples opinion the Best Family Friendly Biker site on the web.

Now that being said let's keep this forum where it belongs. Only about the Tragedy in Iowa.  PLEASE no more discussions here about policies. Start a new forum topic if that has to be discussed.

• 6 posts
    August 17, 2010 12:50 PM PDT
    Hey one question that's back on topic here, is the blue/black ribbon a CF thing, or are we flying a ribbon on our bikes? I've got a yellow ribbon and a black bandana on there for the Arizona 9, but hey, what's one more for some lost brothers, right?
    • 19046 posts
    August 17, 2010 1:11 PM PDT
    That ribbon is the one that tigerlady and others created for the fundraising memorial they had in iowa. Not a cyclefish thing.
    • 6 posts
    August 17, 2010 1:16 PM PDT
    I think it might be fitting for us to fly something on our bikes for these guys... whatcha think?
    • 19046 posts
    August 17, 2010 11:49 PM PDT
    I think that would be a great idea. Send a message to tigerlady and see if she has any ideas on that.