Motorhome Demolition Derby

• 5420 posts
    July 26, 2010 2:50 AM PDT
    Went to the Orange County Fair this weekend and saw my first motorhome demolition derby... It was awesome...
  • July 26, 2010 2:54 AM PDT
    I don't think I have ever seen anything like that.  Total carnage of the rigs.  Looks like that was one site to see.

--Ryan
    • 277 posts
    July 26, 2010 3:13 AM PDT
    I loved it! I can't wait to go again next year!
    • 19040 posts
    July 26, 2010 3:31 AM PDT
    WOW! Hey I could have bought one of them.
    • 5420 posts
    July 26, 2010 3:54 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    WOW! Hey I could have bought one of them.

You still can...it just needs a little work

• 1780 posts
    July 26, 2010 6:14 AM PDT
    Lucky my Brother that has "RED NECK" Written all over it........I can just hear on of the drivers saying......."Hey yall watch this"!!!!!!!.....ah shit.....LOL
    Dragon
    • 5420 posts
    July 26, 2010 6:30 AM PDT
    yuuup !
  • July 26, 2010 7:19 AM PDT
    I've seen these on TV and they are great to watch.

If you like Demolition at it's best, Perris Auto Speedway will host "Triple Crown Night of Destruction" Outlaw Iron Man Demolition Derby, Demo Cross and Roll Over Contest on Aug. 21. The track is located at the Perris Fair grounds on the same road as you would enter Perris Lake.

I have interviewed the drivers of these cars and they are no ordinary destruction cars. For example the car that won has raced for 3 years (yes folks, the same car) and is outlawed in 7 states. Talk about re-inforced tanks. Great action and great to watch.

In case you weren't aware, if you live in So. Calif. you have the best 1/2 mile dirt track (clay oval) on the West Coast sitting in your back yard. We race USAC 410 Sprints, ASCS 360 Sprints, Calif. Lightning Sprints, Late Models, Super Streets, Street Stocks, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Factory Stocks and other race venues. Prices for the Stock car nights are only $9.00 per adult. Sprint car prices are $16.00. Can't beat that for a night of dirt track racing.

We also host the Budwieser Oval Nationals USAC 410 Sprint car race in late Oct. early Nov. Driving will be the best Sprint Car drivers on the planet over a three day period. You can go to www.perrisautospeedway.com for the schedule. Hope to see you there, I will be the talkity one on the mic in the infield.

P.S. I will post when we have Harley Night. I believe if you ride your Harley (or motorcycle) you get in for only $5.00.

• 1066 posts
    July 26, 2010 4:20 PM PDT
    Well that Harley deal sounds only right to me..........
  • July 26, 2010 10:04 PM PDT
    Yeah Rex.. Some of them looked like real "fixer uppers".. Probably only need a little touch up here and there and some fresh paint in a place or two!
  • July 26, 2010 11:19 PM PDT
    Hell give me some duct tape I can fix that
  • July 26, 2010 11:34 PM PDT
    There ya go moose! A little duct tape, some baling wire and a spray can or two. Good as new!
  • July 26, 2010 11:41 PM PDT
    I had one that looked like Hostess Helpers several years ago. Duct tape and some screws did wonders!! LOL Traveled all over the country in that thing for about a year.
  • July 27, 2010 3:21 AM PDT
    Looks like a helluva lot of good fun to me. What's next? LOL!
    • 5420 posts
    July 28, 2010 3:31 AM PDT
    Just put up a short video here Motorhome Demolition Derby Video.
    • 6 posts
    August 2, 2010 6:09 AM PDT
    Part of me is a little bummed.... most of those were functional Dodge truck drive-lines before the carnage began lol. Shoulda used a chevy, it wouldn't have lasted as long, but wouldn't have been such a waste lol!
  • August 2, 2010 8:29 AM PDT
    Don't forget to recycle.