Motorcycle Theme Song!

• 568 posts
    July 23, 2010 11:18 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Here is another from my road song selection...The back beat drums and bass really make this a great riding tune.

From one of the best singer songwriters alive today....

my claim ta fame: i had the pleasure of meeting the guy earlier this decade in the west of Ireland, where he gigs more or less regularly.

a down-te-earth fellow, a real pleasure ta chat with, none of the airy heads BS with this gentleman!
    • 19046 posts
    July 24, 2010 12:06 AM PDT
    I believe that. He has a radio show on satellite (Sirius) every weekend and I try very hard to be able to listen.
  • April 29, 2011 3:42 AM PDT

THREAD REVIVAL ALERT!!!

Yup I am guilty but I wanted to add another song I always find myself singing whilst I ride!

• April 29, 2011 3:49 AM PDT

Oh and a classic!!

• 9 posts
    April 29, 2011 4:19 AM PDT
  • April 29, 2011 7:06 AM PDT

Then another of my favorite bands
    Black Label Society

• April 30, 2011 2:59 AM PDT
    No stereo No Ipod...I just roll n think n listen to the pipes look at women.then I do it all aver again...roll n think n listen to the pipes look at women...roll n think n listen to the pipes look at women...roll n think n listen to the pipes look at women
    RandyLoe...Ride Strong...
    • 9 posts
    April 30, 2011 6:40 AM PDT
    First and foremost, Back in the Saddle Again-Aerosmith, next, Sweet Child of Mine-Guns-N-Roses, Wanted (Dead or Alive)- Bon Jovi, Desperado-Eagles, I Can't Drive 55-Sammy Hagar....That's just a sampling. But almost always, I start with Aerosmith. Now, if I could only figure a way of doing it legally....RIDE FREE
    Tweek (it's because I'm on a Sporty)
    • 2 posts
    April 30, 2011 1:49 PM PDT
    Don't much listen to popular music & usually wear ear-plugs

But gad, this one is always playing between the ears
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmrkY-EZy74 />

I've got so much more to think about
    Deadlines and commitments
    What to leave in, what to leave out

. . . . .
    I'm older now but still runnin' against the wind

• 202 posts
    May 4, 2011 9:33 AM PDT
    i sing my own song... it's actually what i call my "Prayer Song."  It is similar to the Native American chants.  I don't know what language the words are.

BUT... my  motorcycle theme song is  "Born to be Wild... "  what else! 
  • May 13, 2011 7:31 AM PDT
    Still born by Black Label Society, I dont like the drugs but the drugs like me Marilan Manson, All american nightmare Hinder, anything by Black Sabbath, Pantara, Slip Knot, Motley Crue
    • 1364 posts
    May 13, 2011 9:45 AM PDT

• May 13, 2011 10:01 AM PDT
    Radar Love by Golden Earring! Just try to stay under the speed limit. I double dog dare yah!
  • May 13, 2011 10:09 AM PDT

• May 17, 2011 12:45 PM PDT
    Magic Carpet Ride...Steppenwolf is great listening.
    • 2 posts
    May 17, 2011 2:42 PM PDT
     Lots of songs run through my head when I'm riding but there is one that tends to surface more then others when I get on the highway and can really let loose on the throttle. Mother Revolution's Sky High.
    • 638 posts
    May 18, 2011 3:04 AM PDT
    this is a silly video by Muse but the music is awesome. The driving drum beat sounds like a horse's hooves. Great music by a great band. If this doesn't get ur blood pumping, you need to check ur pulse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sBOsh-vyI />

here is another one of my favorites by Clutch. This song just makes me wanna ride fast and punch puppies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb7_SYw9i_s />
    sorry but I couldn't get it to embed.
    • 5420 posts
    May 18, 2011 7:56 AM PDT
    I don't have tunes on the bike, but I normally find myself singing one of three songs...

Born to be Wild, On the Road Again, and since we normally leave on trips before the sun comes up... as I ride through the chilly canyons I find myself singing Here Comes the Sun as it pops up over the hills.
    • 0 posts
    May 18, 2011 8:51 AM PDT
    My favorite riding song...

Kid Rock. All Summer Long!
    • 638 posts
    May 19, 2011 1:10 AM PDT
    Flirtin' With Disaster by Molly Hatchet is another one that comes to mind
  • May 19, 2011 2:02 AM PDT
    That's really funny about "Then Came Bronson"! It is the reason I have a bike today also! I wonder how many of us from that era were affected by that show? I now live in CA (grew up in Jersey) & after I got my scoot, the first place I wanted to ride was up the coast highway & across the Bixby Creek bridge in Big Sur, that was the bridge he rides across in the credits, it is very cool! Unfortunately the coast hwy is closed right now due to mudslides, but anywhere up that way is a great ride, very scenic! The song I always hear in my head while riding (no tunes on my bike) is "Surfing with the Aliens" by Joe Satriani, ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 1780 posts
    May 19, 2011 9:31 AM PDT

Well some days I feel like Bob Seger Music, some days I feel like the sound track to Easy Rider, and then some days when everything seems to go to shit I kind of fell like this.......................................................

• May 19, 2011 12:35 PM PDT
    Doobie Bros. "Don't stop to watch the wheels". . . "I was trashed. Ridin' on my 74." Classic road rock.

• 846 posts
    May 20, 2011 3:00 AM PDT
    There are a few that rattle around in my head.
    1. Arlo Guthries, Motorcycle/pickle song (now that I typed it, it’s in my head)
    2. Ballad of easy rider by the Byrds,
    3. Roll me away, Bob Seger
    Those are the ones that come up there may be some others but they only come to mind if I hear them before I go for a ride.
  • May 26, 2011 6:50 AM PDT
    There are so many....the west coast sounding instrumental from Wild Angels, Born to Be Wild from Easy Rider, definitely Long Lonesome Highway from Then Came Bronson (that show changed my life forever) but also...Ghost Riders In The Sky...the Outlaws version...fast and gritty!