best place to hang at Sturgis/Deadwood

• July 14, 2010 10:32 PM PDT
    What is your favorite place at Sturgis/Deadwood, other than the campgrounds to hang out ? I like the Full Throttle and the Broken Spoke saloons.
    • 467 posts
    July 15, 2010 12:23 AM PDT
    I like the food at (you will find a lot of my choices revolve around food) One Eyed Jacks on main street and Loud American Roadhouse in Sturgis. Then of course there is The Double D on main street Deadwood (owned by former playmate-great food), The Sugar Shack on 385 (outdoor tables, small museum and novelty store) about 5 miles east of Deadwood. Cheyenne Crossing has the best Indian Tacos around, outdoor tables and a great location--7 miles south of Deadwood on 85 at the junction of Spearfish Canyon, Icebox Canyon & Chill Canyon.
    Now you mention Broken Spoke--is it the one downtown or the big one out across from the Broken Tailpipe?
  • July 15, 2010 6:58 AM PDT
    the one downtown
    • 5420 posts
    July 15, 2010 2:34 PM PDT
    Kind of liked the Full Throttle myself. We'll have to see if the "Reality" show changed it much...
    • 1516 posts
    July 15, 2010 3:40 PM PDT
    Wow Claudia, I think I want to hang out with you.. you have the scoop
    • 467 posts
    July 15, 2010 4:19 PM PDT
    Well, I do live here! Debra Joe, you can hang with me anytime you want and I will show you all the hidden gems of the area!
    Bullmoose, I just wondered about which Broken Spoke you were talkin' about because they are two completely different experiences. The out of town one is huge (Full Throttle wannabe), but not near the crowds or atmosphere.
  • July 16, 2010 12:49 PM PDT
    Claudia, you better be cafreful or you might end up being tour guide! Will work for beer? lol
  • July 16, 2010 12:50 PM PDT
    Not sure bout the food but I did have a good time at the Sidehack.
    • 467 posts
    July 16, 2010 2:52 PM PDT
    wolfhound wrote...
    Claudia, you better be cafreful or you might end up being tour guide! Will work for beer? lol

I thought I mentioned in my first reply that "food" was my thing!
    • 467 posts
    July 16, 2010 2:54 PM PDT
    Clay just said that he will work for beer!
  • July 17, 2010 3:32 AM PDT
    Will be in setion 8 and keeping an eye out for you both!Look forward to meeting you.I need good food to run my engine too!
  • July 17, 2010 4:23 AM PDT
    Indian Tacos! Cheyenne Crossing?

Can't wait.

Thanks, Claudia!!!
    • 1364 posts
    July 17, 2010 4:28 AM PDT
    Any good Blues Bars in the area ???
    • 467 posts
    July 17, 2010 7:40 AM PDT
    wolfhound wrote...
    Will be in setion 8 and keeping an eye out for you both!Look forward to meeting you.I need good food to run my engine too!

Be there Tuesday morning with bells on!!!
    • 467 posts
    July 17, 2010 7:45 AM PDT
    Not real sure about blues bars, I know there are some--but I am more metal myself.

Them Indian Tacos are awesome!! And HUGE!! I even have to order the small one! Which is saying something!

Oh, and Wolfhound, go past the outhouse on the right that is marked "8" by two driveways--that is where we always camp--you will see other Wyoming license plates there. Can't wait to see you all! The highway in front of my house is already getting busy with bikes headed up!
  • July 17, 2010 2:55 PM PDT
    cnciaco wrote...
    Not real sure about blues bars, I know there are some--but I am more metal myself.

Them Indian Tacos are awesome!! And HUGE!! I even have to order the small one! Which is saying something!

Oh, and Wolfhound, go past the outhouse on the right that is marked "8" by two driveways--that is where we always camp--you will see other Wyoming license plates there. Can't wait to see you all! The highway in front of my house is already getting busy with bikes headed up!
        Hope you dont mind a few Montana Sporties there!We get in Sun afternoon so might be watching for us;-)
    • 467 posts
    July 17, 2010 4:35 PM PDT
    You will be there ahead of us--we won't get there until Tuesday morning as we will be coming back from CO on Monday night.