Heat SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

• 413 posts
    June 29, 2010 7:26 AM PDT
    Olenorthpole wrote...
    FXR - I think I know that cow. :-)

Ole...You sure that second one wasn't a wrinkle Bro? .........

• 86 posts
    June 29, 2010 7:45 AM PDT
    I rode to work Friday, 103 when I left Patterson and 99 when I got to Livermore. I stoped half way in Tracy for some shade and a bottle of water. I think frequent stops and water are the key. I work 4pm to midnight so the ride home was worth the pain of the ride in. I think I made great progress on the ride home lowering the population of bugs in the central valley....lol my god it was like rain!! Oh also found a rabbit the hard way on the way home, I got lucky the poor suicidal rabbit was no match for the bike.
    • 834 posts
    June 29, 2010 11:11 AM PDT
    You can come ride with me anytime. I don't ride in under 100 degrees from June to September, many days out in the open desert my thermometer will peg at 120. I know, I know, it's a dry heat...yeah right. Get the most powerful blow dryer you can find, or maybe one of those industrial heat guns, point it at your face for a few hours then tell me how much better a dry heat is.

But like everyone above said, just be sure to keep hydrated. Dehydration can happen fast, without warning. I have seen many people just plain pass out from dehydration, and they didn't even feel thirsty. Also, although it may seem cooler if you ride with no sleeves, but the sun is sucking the fluids right out of your body. Wearing long sleeves, light in color that breath is the best way to go.
    • 352 posts
    June 29, 2010 11:17 AM PDT
    I live in va beach - hot and humid are a norm here, basicly you got 3 choices"
    1) suck it up and take the heat...and salt and shift 'em around as the nuts get toasted
    2) wimp out and stay indoors
    3) take your chances in shorts

I usually opt for 1 or 3 myself depending on the distance

and Blaine you are funny as hell with your description
    • 21 posts
    June 29, 2010 9:07 PM PDT
    ride naked?
    • 5420 posts
    June 30, 2010 4:19 AM PDT
    Damn Jay, now I stuck with an image in my head that just ain't right!
    • 413 posts
    June 30, 2010 6:24 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Damn Jay, now I stuck with an image in my head that just ain't right!

Maybe this will help ya get it together

• June 30, 2010 6:46 AM PDT
    WOW!!!   that has to be a canadian moose knuckle she has????
    • 413 posts
    June 30, 2010 6:49 AM PDT
    TACO wrote...

I bet if ya turn it sideways, it looks like a..........................Are ya ready?...........................................A...............................TACO........LMFAO!!!

Gawd I kill me sometimes
  • June 30, 2010 6:50 AM PDT
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    • 86 posts
    June 30, 2010 12:45 PM PDT
    HijinxApparel wrote...
    ride naked?

oooohhh road rash
    • 568 posts
    June 30, 2010 12:51 PM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    TACO wrote...

I bet if ya turn it sideways, it looks like a..........................Are ya ready?...........................................A...............................TACO........LMFAO!!!

Gawd I kill me sometimes

ROFLMAO... FFS dude, look what ye have done... ye made me hungry now!!...
    • 352 posts
    June 30, 2010 1:08 PM PDT
    ever have canadian beaver?