August Bike of the Month

This topic has been closed.
    • 1780 posts
    July 17, 2010 4:20 AM PDT
    Unkking wrote...

"Desperado" 1996 Royalstar 1300 cc. V-4
    Looks good and sounds great. Loaded with chrome and all the Star options available for this bike. Engine jetted, Vmax cams and high performance parts.
    wife bought it for me as a anniversery gift. Is she great or what?

Who say's Harley dudes don't dig metrics....sweet ride you have there
    Night Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    July 17, 2010 4:22 AM PDT
    SpringerHD52 wrote...
    1997 Harley-Davidson Heritage Springer

One after my own heart.....mind in the early days (1998 Flsts) looked like yours except it was black with red trim. Now true Springer fans would tell ya I screwed up a nice looking scooter, but I say......to each there own!!
    Night Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    July 17, 2010 4:23 AM PDT
    TheBullDog wrote...

Go bulldog Go....rooting for ya
    Dragon
    2003 FXST - 100yr Anniversary Softail

Line up for the "Bikers for Troops & Tots" Run
    - also the first leg of the Virginia Beach to Alaska Memorial Run

• 1780 posts
    July 17, 2010 4:24 AM PDT
    trnman32 wrote...
     This is my 06 Fatboy that has more than a little bit of goodies added to her!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dragon
  • July 19, 2010 5:13 PM PDT
    This is my 1975 Kawasaki H1 500 triple cylinder 2 stroke. It is all stock except for the air cleaners and paint job. Took me years to restore this bad boy but it was well worth it. I know it isn't a Harley but I hope you will enjoy this blast from the past.
  • July 19, 2010 7:47 PM PDT
    This is my entry for the stock bike of the month on Cycle Fish... See yall in Sturgis!

2007 Harley Street Bob, bought this bike brand new in June of 2007 and spent the first winter stripping it apart and ushering a lot of the parts off to the powder coater! Only spent $225.00 get all that done .o0O(wonder what that woulda came to in chrome?)... with that said this scoot of mine comes with a 103CI Big Bore, 204 bagger cams in it for now... (took a trip this spring from the coast of WA to PA... nice 6 week trek to see a few friends and a good Army brother of mine I hadn't seen in 20 years! The bagger cams were perfect for the trip but I think I'm going to upgrade to the S&S 106CI kit with the compression release cams)
    This bike might appear stock but most of what came with the bike is now in a few boxes:-)

So for your viewing pleasure I present my 2007 Harley Davidson FXDBI Street Bob
  • July 19, 2010 7:54 PM PDT
    A few more angles for your consideration for bike of the month in August! Sturgis 2010 BAY BEE!!!
  • July 20, 2010 4:17 AM PDT
    GSpeaks wrote...
    This is my 1975 Kawasaki H1 500 triple cylinder 2 stroke. It is all stock except for the air cleaners and paint job. Took me years to restore this bad boy but it was well worth it. I know it isn't a Harley but I hope you will enjoy this blast from the past.

Very nice! Awesome bike! They look so innocent and docile by today's standards but watch out! I'm sure the powerband on your 500 hits hard! The 750 was even crazier! I believe these were some of the first bikes to be called "widow makers". NICE!!!
  • July 20, 2010 7:41 AM PDT
    Thank you bbqb4racin. And you are correct....get this thing up past 6k rpm's and you had better have a good hold on her. They did call these "widow makers" and for a good reason....They go screamin fast but have little stopping power, 1 disk brake in front, 1 drum in the rear! I have learned to respect it's power. Thanks again!
  • July 20, 2010 8:28 AM PDT
    Can we put up multiple bikes?
  • July 20, 2010 8:30 AM PDT
    If so this is my 1987 FXLR!
    Bored .10 over with an EV-27 Cam!
    • 413 posts
    July 20, 2010 8:38 AM PDT
    Black9 wrote...

NICE!!!  just put a EV-3 in my Fxr4. Thought about the 27 but WTH; just went with the 3 for the hell of it and LOVE IT! i like the chrome vented side covers; my friend just put a set on his 89 FXR. Also put a slotted/vented belt cover on it and looks real sharp. Ya got a real sharp looking bike Bro!

• July 20, 2010 10:19 AM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    Black9 wrote...

NICE!!!  just put a EV-3 in my Fxr4. Thought about the 27 but WTH; just went with the 3 for the hell of it and LOVE IT! i like the chrome vented side covers; my friend just put a set on his 89 FXR. Also put a slotted/vented belt cover on it and looks real sharp. Ya got a real sharp looking bike Bro!

The first cam I installed when I removed the stock cam was the EV-1, it was a tappet roller eating machine which of course turned into a nightmare and lots of cool metal shavings in the bottom end. After replacing the EV-1 I went to the Crane .316 Fireball cam and it made it sound like a tractor, not bad performance but switching to the EV-27 made all the difference in the world and it runs great!
    • 19046 posts
    July 20, 2010 10:24 AM PDT
    Black9 wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...
    Black9 wrote...

The first cam I installed when I removed the stock cam was the EV-1, it was a tappet roller eating machine which of course turned into a nightmare and lots of cool metal shavings in the bottom end. After replacing the EV-1 I went to the Crane .316 Fireball cam and it made it sound like a tractor, not bad performance but switching to the EV-27 made all the difference in the world and it runs great!

I ran an EV-27 in my 93 Wide Glide. First time I rolled the throttle on hard at about 1500 RPM in second or third gear I almost slid off the seat. My feet did leave the forward controls. Really caught me by suprise. It was the perfect cam, lots of extra power and maintained reliability.

• July 20, 2010 11:04 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Black9 wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...
    Black9 wrote...

I ran an EV-27 in my 93 Wide Glide. First time I rolled the throttle on hard at about 1500 RPM in second or third gear I almost slid off the seat. My feet did leave the forward controls. Really caught me by suprise. It was the perfect cam, lots of extra power and maintained reliability.

Yeah when I bought my 94 Wide Glide I put the EV-27 in it and WOW! Great cam!
  • NC7
    July 21, 2010 5:41 AM PDT
    This is my fun bike. 1991 HD Sportster Barhopper! "The Sidewalk Assault Vehicle" is painted in the Digital Camo Design of our US Military. It was a fun job to do. Paint and paste pixel cut tape, repeat 4 times and didn't include the Beer-equity that went into it. A fun job and a cool look, and definately a lot of fun to blast around town on. Probably not the Bike of the month but it is good to be in the show!

Actually, this was done kind of as a Tribute to my son Joey who is Proudly Serving in the Unites States Army, readying for his first deployment to the Sandbox. Me, Dad - Been there done that and got the T-Shirt!

Good Luck to all!!
  • July 21, 2010 5:48 AM PDT
    NC7 wrote...
    This is my fun bike. 1991 HD Sportster Barhopper! "The Sidewalk Assault Vehicle" is painted in the Digital Camo Design of our US Military. It was a fun job to do. Paint and paste pixel cut tape, repeat 4 times and didn't include the Beer-equity that went into it. A fun job and a cool look, and definately a lot of fun to blast around town on. Probably not the Bike of the month but it is good to be in the show!

Actually, this was done kind of as a Tribute to my son Joey who is Proudly Serving in the Unites States Army, readying for his first deployment to the Sandbox. Me, Dad - Been there done that and got the T-Shirt!

Good Luck to all!!
    NICE! My wife's in the Army... very cool paint, though I don't think I would do the same it's still damn nice lookin paint!:)
  • July 24, 2010 4:37 PM PDT
    My ride is an '89 FXSTS with a little bit of sheet metal, paint and other goodies thrown at it.  I have a few other little plans for it, but it's pretty close to the way I want it.
    • 1780 posts
    July 25, 2010 12:40 AM PDT
    GTracy wrote...
    My ride is an '89 FXSTS with a little bit of sheet metal, paint and other goodies thrown at it.  I have a few other little plans for it, but it's pretty close to the way I want it.

That is one sweet ride
    • 6 posts
    July 25, 2010 2:40 AM PDT
    Well I guess I'll give it another shot. This is my 1980 Honda CM400T. Did all the accessories myself.  The saddle bags are .30mm ammo cases and the driving lights are sealed beam work lights from the local hardware store. Getting everything mounted was a bit of a trick, special thanks to a ton of nuts, bolts and home-made mounting brackets. Nothing fancy, just a fun, reliable daily driver!
  • July 26, 2010 1:08 AM PDT
    1974 Norton 850 Commando bored to (880) I get bored and change things up every year or so. Changed to Bright White with blue pearl Barrett Jackson paint, added a 40hp gain wet Nitrous kit, new pipes, new grips, kill switch, turn signals, and a couple of other odds and ends. Stock was 72hp, should be right at 100hp now. Will be running at the AHDRA drags this fall.
    • 568 posts
    July 26, 2010 1:13 AM PDT
    HogHaven wrote...
    1974 Norton 850 Commando bored to (880) I get bored and change things up every year or so. Changed to Bright White with blue pearl Barrett Jackson paint, added a 40hp gain wet Nitrous kit, new pipes, new grips, kill switch, turn signals, and a couple of other odds and ends. Stock was 72hp, should be right at 100hp now. Will be running at the AHDRA drags this fall.
    WOW!!! i'm in love...
    • 5420 posts
    August 1, 2010 4:46 AM PDT

Congratulations to Our August 2010 Bike of the Month Winners!

scottaf68

HogHaven

masterofmetal