LED Accent light on Motorcycles - Do you Like it or Not????

• December 30, 2012 2:54 PM PST
    Let us know your thoughts if you like them - Many states are passing led lighting bills to allow you to ride at night with your bike lit up solid (No strobes)
    I really like them. You have done a great job.
  • January 7, 2013 5:00 AM PST
    I think they look hot! 
  • January 7, 2013 12:08 PM PST
    I have them on my bike also I suggest you check your states laws about color lights before you install as per my post www.cyclefish.com/forum/topic/8/index/132429/1#132535 />

• January 7, 2013 12:24 PM PST
    NO
    • 314 posts
    January 7, 2013 10:41 PM PST
    harleyjohn wrote...

DON'T LIGHT IT RIDE IT

I agree, just doesn't seem right

• January 9, 2013 1:19 AM PST
    Only if you like getting pulled over and getting tickets. Accent lights aren't legal on the highways in Iowa.
  • January 9, 2013 1:57 AM PST
    nope nadda no bling bling, just ride
  • January 10, 2013 5:12 PM PST
      this is what people in cages do when they pass me or i pass them at night.   my lights glow the whole lane im riding in.  i think they look great, on a wing or a cruiser.   heres what mine looks like at night.   
  • January 10, 2013 5:15 PM PST
    and day without the blue lights
    • 5420 posts
    January 10, 2013 5:46 PM PST
    I actually just put a few LED lights on Road King for safety, not looks. I added two small light pods in the engine area... one in the back and one in the front. They light up the chrome on the top of the motor and exhaust so I can be seen real well from the side when crossing dark intersections, etc. I also added two 12" white LED strips to the bottom of my saddle bags (actually the rail that the bags sit on. These reflect off the muffler again to bee seen from the side, but they also light the road around the bike making me more obvious from side and rear. And finally two amber LED pods between the bags and rear fender adding more tail lights from the rear.

I'll have to get a picture at night and post it.
    • 284 posts
    February 21, 2013 9:03 PM PST
    I agree with what most said. If done correctly they add great night time Viz. But if over done they are a distraction, makes people stare at the lighted object, that they are not sure what it is and forget about the road.

I know one night when I was in my Tacoma, I saw this blue lighted something down the road coming at me, it was on a road with no street lights and really dark. I am staring at it wondering what the frig is this???? I was so mesmerized by it I did not notice that I was hitting a 4 way stop. Thank goodness there was no traffic, and no cops because I blew that 4 way at 45 mph. Turned out to be a little 2 door, like a Carola or Civic with massive amounts of under body light kits, lights on the grill, under the wheel wells and a few other spots.
    • 44 posts
    August 10, 2014 6:45 AM PDT
    Just added 2008 FXSTC
    • 84 posts
    August 10, 2014 8:11 AM PDT
    Think I'll just wait until you can get them that change color, flicker and dance along with the music when hooked up to an iPod. Like a light show on wheels.
  • August 11, 2014 2:45 AM PDT
    No-----don't like.
    • 314 posts
    August 11, 2014 9:41 PM PDT
    No
    • 44 posts
    August 12, 2014 4:11 AM PDT
    Well as you see I installed some on mine I just like the way they look on any bike sitting in a parking lot full of bikes I don't ride with them on just when we are out at bike night or at the motel when we travel the wife has pink on a black sportster to each his own that all Bering said you can go over board some light look good to many lots like crap
  • August 13, 2014 9:50 AM PDT
    I don't like them at all. But you need to do what you won't on your own bike.
    • 13 posts
    August 18, 2014 8:38 PM PDT
    Not a fan but it those LEDs help improve your visibility at night and are not illegal in your state then go for it.