I Quit !

• June 9, 2010 10:10 AM PDT
    OK, OK, OK.....I've been thinking bout what ya'll said bout my behavior the other night " Riding n Drinking " n actually someone else weighed in....My wife Gail...When I get home every day I place my recipts on the table so she can balance our account.....soooooo she saw the bars I'd been to and knew I was out on the bike.......So, that evenionng When she got home from work I was out on the deck soaking up the sun with n ice cold pepsi....she sat down n said...
     " Quote " OK this is going to be short n sweet...it scares me to death when you ride n drink and what would I do or our grandkids do if you were killed or in jail...End Quote.....WoW ! 

Now since more of you seem to weigh in on the " DON"T DO THAT " side of the issue and after 23 years of marriage to Gail who NEVER gest involved in my actions has made me come to this very important decision.

I QUIT !
    Riding n drinking and for the very few times I actually drive a cage.

I was un aware that so many people cared....
    RandyJoe...Ride Strong...

PS....I actually don't drink very often but my choices of when I do have been poor
    • 1161 posts
    June 9, 2010 10:19 AM PDT
     You are the man! 
    • 1 posts
    June 9, 2010 10:20 AM PDT
    • 1516 posts
    June 9, 2010 10:26 AM PDT
    Well I care... and I am really proud of you Randy..
    • 1780 posts
    June 9, 2010 1:35 PM PDT
    Far the hell out dude....good choice
    • 19049 posts
    June 9, 2010 1:42 PM PDT
    Drinking is OK when in the right circumstances.. as for what you have done here...

HELL YEAH, Way to go!!!

ATTA BOY!

You know you are married to a very smart woman there.....

• June 9, 2010 1:49 PM PDT
    debrajo62 wrote...
    Well I care... and I am really proud of you Randy..

Thanks debraJo....

• June 9, 2010 1:54 PM PDT
    Seakers wrote...
     You are the man! 

Thanks Brother....

• 2072 posts
    June 9, 2010 1:57 PM PDT
    Randy.... Your a Brother and I care. Don't want to have to read your obituary on here !!!!!!
    • 2 posts
    June 9, 2010 2:00 PM PDT
    +1 to your old-lady, you did well.

BUT

Just between us girls, I miss road houses. We have all become so responsible we never head out for one & they have all closed down (around here anyway).
    • 1066 posts
    June 9, 2010 2:03 PM PDT
    Randy, it ain't worth it bro. I used to ride with a good bud many years ago, and we drank a lot. We made the rounds every time we threw a leg over. Now the leg i throw over is made of titanium. You don't want that bro, or something worse. Yeah, i care too man.
  • June 9, 2010 3:21 PM PDT
    Thanks for your consideration and care of friends and family.
  • g
    June 9, 2010 3:54 PM PDT
    spot on bro ................gid man .
    • 6 posts
    June 9, 2010 4:21 PM PDT
    CONGRATS, BRO!!!! I promise, it's you, it's the right choice! Take care of yourself and your family a lot longer. There's a really big family here to back you up anytime you need us to. Sounds like you've got one heck of a lady behind you, too! Drop me PM if you ever wanna chat!
    • 86 posts
    June 10, 2010 7:01 AM PDT
    Now that sounds better....
    • 467 posts
    June 10, 2010 7:14 AM PDT
    Good choice! Gotta say, I live on a main highway headed to Sturgis and every year I gotta call an ambulance and I'm not fond of it!
  • June 10, 2010 7:17 AM PDT
    Hats off to you Randy!! Great news bud!!
  • June 10, 2010 7:45 AM PDT
     Thanks...  I've lost too many friends and relatives to the Alcohol and Gasoline mixture...
  • June 10, 2010 8:23 AM PDT
    As a paramedic, I worked more than my share of wrecks. I look at it like this: If you put someone else at risk, it's awful damn selfish. If you're on a scooter and drink and ride, you are really just putting yourself at risk and I consider it culling of the herd.
    • 601 posts
    June 10, 2010 8:31 AM PDT
    thank feck...I looked and thought you were after leaving the site !!!! you have just cottoned on to the one law of basic survival.....the wife is always right, even when she's wrong. Drinkin' 'n drivin' is stupid and you're too smart for that kinda shyte RJ.
    • 1780 posts
    June 10, 2010 9:43 PM PDT
    Like "g" would say.....now your not a plum, and I still don't know what the hell fruit has to do with anything in his post / reply......but for what it's worth in the eyes of "g" your not a fruit, which when put that way is a good thing.
    Dragon
  • June 11, 2010 1:32 AM PDT
    Congrats Randy. Most I ever do when I'm out is a beer w/ a good meal. If I want to have a drink(s) its setting in a chair or on the couch. You make it down here you're welcome to park it and have a cold one.
  • June 13, 2010 11:56 AM PDT
    Good choice. Ain't it funny how us hard headed guys won't quit our stupid behavior if the better half nags us; but we'll re-think our dumb decisions when we realize they are worried about us. My dad had a saying: "She nagged because he drinks, and he drinks because she nags". So true.
  • June 13, 2010 4:19 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    Like "g" would say.....now your not a plum, and I still don't know what the hell fruit has to do with anything in his post / reply......but for what it's worth in the eyes of "g" your not a fruit, which when put that way is a good thing.
    Dragon
      Yep!
  • g
    June 13, 2010 5:24 PM PDT
    randy .it takes a strong man to do what ure doing well done ....................................u plum ,..lol