Favorite Rides

• October 22, 2009 8:08 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    skye or lochlomond in scotland ,great roads and the view's are great ,might be a bit far though ??
     Not too far if you be buyin the tickets mate!
  • October 28, 2009 1:00 AM PDT
    I live in Asheville, NC and have some of the best roads around here. From the "Tail of the Dragon" to the Cherohala Skyway and many more. If you're ever in this neck of the woods, let me know and I'll hook you up with some great rides.

A few years ago me and my ex rode from Ohio to Cherokee and jumped on the Blue Ridge parkway and spent 4 days riding the Parkway and checking out some of the sites and near by attractions. Beautiful country and roads. I'd love to do it again some year in either the spring or fall.

• December 22, 2009 7:28 PM PST
    wolfhound wrote...
    Cant forget Florida!Got lots of family there and then dont forget Dayton Bike Week!Got that on my mental list too!

If anywhere close to Lake City let me know ..  Thats my turf and can show you ways to get to Daytona far quicker and more scenic and fun than only FL natives know ...

• December 22, 2009 7:36 PM PST
    bikerbudda wrote...
    North West , Florida man, the ride from Mexico Beach to Panama City Beach to Destin and on to Penscola Florida. G reat riding and friendly bikers .

This is some of my favorite riding areas in FL usually try to stay at the El Governor in Mexico Beach totally Biker Friendly and nice central location for the Florida Panhandle .. Also enjoy Appalachicola and St George Island.. Will share a secret here Florida actually does have a twisty road ..  Called the Ozello Trail near Crystal River, FL Is nothing like The Dragon and some of favorite twisties near Maggie Valley but if nearby is worth taking a ride down and as it's a dead end get to ride it back again as well ..  If there were such a thing as the Florida Dragon .. This is It..
  • December 23, 2009 3:27 AM PST
    If you're in Texas... a great ride is the Big Bend area and up into Fort Davis.
  • December 23, 2009 4:10 AM PST
    One of my favorite rides is through the Sumpter Valley from Baker City, Oregon to just east of John Day. The trip is an easy 51 miles of smooth curves, green valleys and views of the mountains to the north. Also, getting to Baker City by way of Cambridge, ID over Brownlee Pass and along the Powder River crossing the Oregon Trail coming into Baker City!  Part of that route will take you to Hell's Canyon Dam or to Joseph and Enterprise, OR.
  • December 23, 2009 6:29 AM PST
    Wow after traveling some many places in this great country, it is so hard to pick a favorite ride. I do have to say (yes, I'm biased) that right here in southern Utah is some of my favorite riding country. Not only for the great raods and beauty, but summers in Utah is great riding weather.
  • January 9, 2010 10:33 AM PST
    Have to agree with Lucky, the mountains around Malibu are amazing.

Closer to (our) home are the Orange County (California) beach and canyon roads. A must drive around here is the Ortega Highway (Rt 74) from Dana Point to Lake Elsinore. Stop by Hell's Kitchen for lunch before going down the mountain to the lake.
    Rt 74 winds way further past Lake Hemet and to Palm Springs. It gets pretty windy at times, but it's an amazing road to ride on!
    • 1364 posts
    January 9, 2010 10:39 AM PST
    Deener
  • January 9, 2010 10:52 AM PST
    Rdcnslr wrote...
    One of my favorite rides is through the Sumpter Valley from Baker City, Oregon to just east of John Day. The trip is an easy 51 miles of smooth curves, green valleys and views of the mountains to the north. Also, getting to Baker City by way of Cambridge, ID over Brownlee Pass and along the Powder River crossing the Oregon Trail coming into Baker City!  Part of that route will take you to Hell's Canyon Dam or to Joseph and Enterprise, OR.
      Rode through that country in 08 when we went down for the Hells Canyon Rally....had a great time(my wifes 1st Rally) and was really suprised by the terrain.
  • January 9, 2010 10:58 AM PST
    highrisk wrote...
    Deener
     Guess she probably will not throw ya out now
  • January 9, 2010 11:00 AM PST
    JaysonFL wrote...
    bikerbudda wrote...
    North West , Florida man, the ride from Mexico Beach to Panama City Beach to Destin and on to Penscola Florida. G reat riding and friendly bikers .

This is some of my favorite riding areas in FL usually try to stay at the El Governor in Mexico Beach totally Biker Friendly and nice central location for the Florida Panhandle .. Also enjoy Appalachicola and St George Island.. Will share a secret here Florida actually does have a twisty road ..  Called the Ozello Trail near Crystal River, FL Is nothing like The Dragon and some of favorite twisties near Maggie Valley but if nearby is worth taking a ride down and as it's a dead end get to ride it back again as well ..  If there were such a thing as the Florida Dragon .. This is It..
     Cool sounds great...never know when I might just show up!
  • January 22, 2010 3:15 AM PST
    my next ride is always my favorite. this year just happens to be Colorado. Million Dollar Highway, Royal Gorge, Black Canyon and more 10,000 foot passes than you can shake a stick at.
  • January 22, 2010 6:01 AM PST
    Some of the best riding I have found is Highway 1 north of San Francisco, especially when you get up in Mendocino County. Some of the most beautiful roads and scenery anywhere.
  • g
    January 22, 2010 6:10 AM PST
    ma mate was in monaco last summer ,he said it was awsome .would love to go over their .
  • January 23, 2010 12:34 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I live in Asheville, NC and have some of the best roads around here. From the "Tail of the Dragon" to the Cherohala Skyway and many more. If you're ever in this neck of the woods, let me know and I'll hook you up with some great rides.
    I have got to ride that area one day.  We were down there about a year and a half ago, Maggie Valley, for my son's wedding.  We had to rent a car because we had the family with us, but I vowed to get back there on my bike!  Those are some great roads and scenery.

TN has the windyest twistest wild roads not only the tail of the dragon but also the Snake, did the Snake this last summer and it was great and the Country Store is cool too. Do it you will not be sorry!! 

• January 23, 2010 12:35 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I have got to ride that area one day.  We were down there about a year and a half ago, Maggie Valley, for my son's wedding.  We had to rent a car because we had the family with us, but I vowed to get back there on my bike!  Those are some great roads and scenery.

TN has the windyest twistest wild roads not only the tail of the dragon but also the Snake, did the Snake this last summer and it was great and the Country Store is cool too. Do it you will not be sorry!! 

• January 23, 2010 1:02 PM PST
    My vote would have to be for Colorado, we have great roads,great mountains and great people.If anyones comming thru here this summer, look me up.
    • 19004 posts
    January 23, 2010 11:28 PM PST
    highrisk wrote...
    Deener

Hey Jeff, Just saw this. BUT that is one ride we can't take...

• 19004 posts
    January 23, 2010 11:33 PM PST
    hotpepper wrote...
    My vote would have to be for Colorado, we have great roads,great mountains and great people.If anyones comming thru here this summer, look me up.

I was fortunate enough to ride route 160 from Walsenburg to Cortez last summer. AWSOME especialy Wolf Creek Pass.