Decision has been made....

• May 18, 2010 9:36 PM PDT
     Well, I received a call from the dealership.  The salesman told me that they have a solid blue Tri-Glide coming in this week for me to take a look at.  And they have a Blue/Silver model coming in June.  I believe I am going to wait until June as I do like that color scheme.  Here's a shot of me on the solid black model.   What do you all think???  Any opinions on the Tri-Glide???

• 1780 posts
    May 18, 2010 9:47 PM PDT
    Nice looking ride....I rode a trike once, takes a while to get use to.
  • May 18, 2010 10:40 PM PDT
    I never rode one but I like it.
    Just curious why 3 instead of 2?

Oh and I would go with the blue one myself.
    • 21 posts
    May 18, 2010 11:11 PM PDT
    blue - Im a fan of solid colors though
    • 1040 posts
    May 18, 2010 11:12 PM PDT
    Saw a blue one about two weeks ago at Mobile Bay HD....Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
  • May 18, 2010 11:16 PM PDT
    UltraGlide wrote...

I recently had back surgery ((February of this year)).  Doctor strongly suggested three wheels as he is unsure what my riding capabilities will be a few years down the road.  I might not be able to hold up a two-wheeled Ultra five years from now.

• May 18, 2010 11:19 PM PDT
    I'll be looking at the solid blue this weekend. Dealership is giving me my choice of the two bikes. Even though the solid might look great I will probably wait until June for the two-tone. For a couple of reasons. One, I don't think I'll have the settlement by this weekend and...Two....the two-tone arrives on my birthday!!!!! Would make a GREAT birthday present!!!!!
  • May 19, 2010 12:14 AM PDT
    hbrogan57 wrote...
    UltraGlide wrote...

I recently had back surgery ((February of this year)).  Doctor strongly suggested three wheels as he is unsure what my riding capabilities will be a few years down the road.  I might not be able to hold up a two-wheeled Ultra five years from now.

Reverse????  Had to help push one off of a curb on a "Deep" crown road.   That is a Back Breaker...  .

• 5420 posts
    May 19, 2010 1:48 AM PDT
    I was just checking the Tri-Glide out yesterday when I was at the dealer. I really liked the look of it, they did a great on that one. But remember BLACK is the fastest color!!!
  • May 19, 2010 1:55 AM PDT
    Yep, that's what the wife says is gonna happen to the Ultra when I get so bad I can't ride it anymore. Trike Conversion...
  • May 19, 2010 4:48 AM PDT
     I have heard that BLACK is the FASTEST color.  

But have also heard that both BLUE and BLUE/SILVER keeps you cooler on HOT days!!!!!

Frankly, I am just looking forward to getting back out with the wind on my hair ((what's left of it)) and the sun on my back.  Haven't been on a decent ride since I fell into financial problems back in 2000 and had to sell out almost everything I owned.

Here's the last bike I owned......

• g
    May 19, 2010 5:14 AM PDT
    look's gay as **** .....u would no want me to lie now would you ??
  • May 19, 2010 5:17 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    look's gay as **** .....u would no want me to lie now would you ??

THANKS.....hehehe

That bike won a lot of shows in the Virginia area.  Should have seen it when the neon lights were on!!!

I like a LOT of flash....but I am a LOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooong way from being even CLOSE to gay as ****......ROFL

• May 19, 2010 5:19 AM PDT
     O.K.....is THIS one better???....just can't see the bike that well.....

• g
    May 19, 2010 5:21 AM PDT
    waz a joke dude ,looks gid ,just out for a fish ,if u catch ma drift ........lol
  • May 19, 2010 5:44 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    waz a joke dude ,looks gid ,just out for a fish ,if u catch ma drift ........lol

Kind of knew that and I was tossing sarcasm back at ya!!!!!   I LOVE having fun on a forum!!!!   Can take it as well as dish it out!!!!

• g
    May 19, 2010 5:52 AM PDT
    lol.....good man.
    • 1066 posts
    May 19, 2010 7:47 AM PDT

Hey g, don't hold back, tell us what you really think!! 

• 1066 posts
    May 19, 2010 7:54 AM PDT
    Harry, you look good on that trike. Would have one myself, if i had thirty k i wasn't using. Lucky, i think you're just a little prejudiced on the black. Lol
  • May 19, 2010 11:54 AM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...
    Harry, you look good on that trike. Would have one myself, if i had thirty k i wasn't using. Lucky, i think you're just a little prejudiced on the black. Lol

Not prejudiced about the black.  Actually DID consider that one.  Just feel that if I am going to get something THAT different then why not get one that's going to stand out a lot!!!!!   And I am sure that I'll add quite a few "extras" that aren't in the Harley catalog!!!!!

• May 19, 2010 12:28 PM PDT
    Has anyone added either Neon or LED's to their rides? I was wondering what brand to look into for extra lighting.
  • May 19, 2010 1:40 PM PDT
    I have the lizzard lights. Different colors, work good. On the trike thing, get a Ultra with a side hack. That way you can get drunk and still put it on two wheels.
  • May 19, 2010 11:58 PM PDT
    The best LEDs on the market are the Wizards. They have seven colors on each pod. You can make them flash, strobe and fade between colors. They are very bright. They will cost a little more but you get what you pay for. The remote control is very easy to use.
  • May 20, 2010 12:04 AM PDT
    FirenIce1 wrote...
    The best LEDs on the market are the Wizards. They have seven colors on each pod. You can make them flash, strobe and fade between colors. They are very bright. They will cost a little more but you get what you pay for. The remote control is very easy to use.

Looks like they have quite a selection of lights available.  THANKS!!!!

• May 20, 2010 11:00 AM PDT
    Went and looked at the solid blue tri glide today. I must say it IS quite a good looking bike!!!! But I have opted to wait until the blue/silver comes in and will make a definite decision then. But the better half really likes the looks of the blue/silver so that will, in all probability, be the one we go with.