All done for awhile

• May 18, 2010 1:47 PM PDT
    Ok  all done for awhile .. unable to ride with out way to much pain..  from a old injury to my L elbow  then are chatting like cutting may be the only repair... so for now...   if i need the wind in my face.. either i stick my head out the window while driving.. or get on the riding mower.......

Bike is on craigslist and also just posted it on here....

will stop in from time to time...

be safe friends... don't want to read about any bad shit

jim

• May 18, 2010 2:00 PM PDT
    go take care of you brother, we will still be around, and you can always get another scoot! i know about what you are dealing with, had left elbow crushed in a car wreck when i was 9, only time my left hand is on the handlebars is to clutch, other than that, one handed all the time.badinfluence
    • 2072 posts
    May 18, 2010 2:01 PM PDT
    Ah Jim..... Really sorry to hear this.. But, only you know when enough is enough. Better safe than in traction !!! I sometimes worry about the same thing. Tore up my right shoulder at work March of '08. Have had two surgeries so far and it's still not right. Had another MRI that showed two bad tears in the bicep tendon. Workers Comp is refusing to pay for another surgery so had to go on disability (and it SUCKS). Now it's in the Attorneys hands. I just keep babying it so I can still ride. But, never know from day to day. My best wishes for you my friend. Who knows, things might improve and you can get back in the saddle !!!!!
    • 6 posts
    May 18, 2010 2:57 PM PDT
    Best wishes and prayers your way, brother! Once a biker, always a biker; I'd start looking for alternative scoots if I was you, I know you won't wanna stay out of the wind for long. If they can make a bike for a bro with no legs, I'm sure that there's something out there that'll work for you, otherwise, if enough folks put their heads to it, there's always a fresh idea to be had. I know how nuts I go when the weather's bad for a couple weeks, so if you're on disability and not able to work, you still gotta have SOMETHING to keep your head screwed on straight. I'll do some diggin around on line and see if I can find something that might work for ya.
    • 6 posts
    May 18, 2010 3:10 PM PDT
    Found a link here for ya, be encouraged, even worst case, it can be done!

http://www.mtb-amputee.com/motorcycleamputee.htm#Motorcycle_Modifications_for_Arm_Amputees.
    • 19046 posts
    May 19, 2010 12:35 AM PDT
    Really sorry to hear this friend. You know what is best. Stay close.
  • May 19, 2010 12:41 AM PDT
    Cyclefish is a way of life not a demand to ride. Stay close Brother..
    • 568 posts
    May 19, 2010 12:51 AM PDT
    sorry ta hear, man
    sure, if ya miss the riding, there must be solutions out there...
    good luck wid it all
    • 2 posts
    May 19, 2010 2:20 PM PDT
    Mounted or otherwise - Ride On - Ride On
    • 1066 posts
    May 19, 2010 2:56 PM PDT
    Jim, just because you're not at the handlebars for a while don't mean you cant hang here. It don't matter which hand you use for the mouse. Good luck with that arm bro.
    • 5420 posts
    May 20, 2010 2:56 AM PDT
    Hey Jim, Real sorry to hear about your pain, and having to give up the bike. Like many have already said, you're part of the group and were not going to send you away because you had to stop riding for a bit. Hopefully you will be back on the bike someday, but either way you are always welcome to ride with us from the comfort of your desk chair.
  • g
    May 20, 2010 5:40 AM PDT
    hang in their dude .sure u will soon be back on .
  • May 20, 2010 7:09 AM PDT
    Wishing you all the best!! Stay close for sure!!
    • 1780 posts
    May 20, 2010 9:40 PM PDT
    Hey my Brother once family...always family.....stay in touch
    God's speed
    Dragon
  • June 8, 2010 1:31 PM PDT
    UPDATE...

got a couple of shots.. to the elbow  and to the lower part of the arm... they are willing to try that.. for now.. ... got in a few hundred miles this past week....... for now this is working as long as i don't over do it.. .. i should know this stuff from working EMS .. but the brain .. the brain .. anyways... the sac thats in the joint of the elbow is messed up and the muscles are tearing away from wear they should be...... so when the day is good the ride is on... just orders floorboards for the passenger....  this may .. help when  my wife is with me.. and also safe on havin to keep cleaning off  her mealted boot....

ON the Road  Again .....
    • 1161 posts
    June 8, 2010 1:39 PM PDT
    mozart wrote...
    UPDATE...

got a couple of shots.. to the elbow  and to the lower part of the arm... they are willing to try that.. for now.. ... got in a few hundred miles this past week....... for now this is working as long as i don't over do it.. .. i should know this stuff from working EMS .. but the brain .. the brain .. anyways... the sac thats in the joint of the elbow is messed up and the muscles are tearing away from wear they should be...... so when the day is good the ride is on... just orders floorboards for the passenger....  this may .. help when  my wife is with me.. and also safe on havin to keep cleaning off  her mealted boot....

ON the Road  Again .....

WOOHOO!!!  Ride on! and be Safe!       
    • 467 posts
    June 9, 2010 1:00 AM PDT
    I feel for ya, I have broken or crushed every bone in my right arm and am now missing the radial head, bursa, some bone off the scapula, the membrane that holds the ulna and radius together and most of the ligaments in my wrist. I have had 5 surgeries trying to repair things and now they want to fuse all the bones in my wrist, just to relieve the pain. Not ready to go there yet, cuz it would seriously hamper my ability to roll on the throttle! LOL! My husband and my mechanic have been great as far as doing everything they can to keep me on the road. They have customized my handlebars to get them in a better position and added cruise control along with a throttle rocker to take the strain off of my right arm. I has worked wonders, but I can still only do about 400 miles and then I am done for couple days. So hang in there! During times that I am unable to ride due to pain or another surgery--this site keeps my chin up!