Welcome New Members

• January 31, 2012 3:44 PM PST
    Hi, ya'll! I'm just a hilljenny from Bama, still trying to learn to navigate this site. Had my first chat experience tonight, and everyone laughed when I said I couldn't find my way out of chat! But, they nicely explained it to me. I'm enjoying the site so far. Thanks, all!
  • February 1, 2012 12:47 AM PST
    Hey y'all! I'm Penne and my other half is Nova99. We live in Fort Worth Texas, we both grew up here, but I moved to Georgia and lived there from ages 17 to 52. I love the Southern mild weather. Lucky, this is a wonderful site and I'm just so proud to be here! ;-)
    • 567 posts
    February 1, 2012 2:27 AM PST
    Deraymar, Jewelz and Penne ... Greetings from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF.
    • 1855 posts
    February 1, 2012 3:43 AM PST
    Welcome from w central ohio. This is a super place to share your enthusiasm with riding.

Peace
  • February 1, 2012 3:53 AM PST
    greetings from pittsburgh...
  • February 1, 2012 7:36 AM PST
    Wonderful to have you all ........am kinda new here too; northern AZ is experiencing pretty good temps for this time of year .......Grand Canyon is calling my name, might take a ride out that way this weekend! Again, WELCOME, good people here, enjoy CF!
  • February 2, 2012 11:19 AM PST
    Just found this site today from a link on Facebook and thought I would join and offer my services. I do custom airbrush artwork as a side job out of my home in North Liberty, Iowa. My prices are very reasonable and I have been painting for about 3 years now. Check out my Facebook page for pictures of my work and contact info!

Eric

Facebook/AirEfex
  • February 3, 2012 7:32 AM PST
    Hiya everyone,
    I'm LC and live in South Arkansas. I'm new to the site and learning my way around. Hope to meet some of you on the road in this journey called life. Great site and I'll be stopping in.
    • 5417 posts
    February 3, 2012 7:52 AM PST
    Welcome LCStrat, Arkansas in one of the few places I have not had the chance to ride YET - but we're working on it.

Enjoy the site!
    • 16780 posts
    February 4, 2012 3:20 AM PST
    Hello from the Great Lakes region of Pennsylvania.
    • 18989 posts
    February 4, 2012 3:38 AM PST
    Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.
  • February 4, 2012 3:51 AM PST
    went riding yesterday...snowing today...gotta love the weather in pittsburgh,pa...
  • February 4, 2012 3:57 AM PST
    A Big Welcome From Iowa!!!
  • February 4, 2012 4:05 AM PST
    Hi there from Southeastern Washington State. So far so good on Cf, forums and blogs are fun and informative!
    ~Feisty~
  • February 4, 2012 8:17 AM PST
    I LOVE THIS SITE. I've been here a short time, but I've met some great people here. Thanx CycleFish.
    • 113 posts
    February 6, 2012 5:54 PM PST
    I find myself coming back and looking around. Hope to make new friends now that I've found a place with people who have a common interest. Haven't saw nearly half of the stuff that is here, but its turned out to be a great find. I have a question and hope someone can answer it for me. At the risk of sounding stupid....LOL...let me say that first.... My Hubby who is now a Angel watching over me, gave me a complete airbrush setup. I don't know where to start. Anyone know if theres classes for these things in Kentucky or Upper middle Tenn? Or is this a trial and error sort of thing? I want to do it for fun, friends and entertainment purposes, not to start a business. I need something to occupy my time and thought this would help. Open to any ideas and appreciate the suggestions or help. Thanks in advance.
  • Ry
    February 6, 2012 6:07 PM PST
    painterlady- Welcome to CF!

If you'd like to look at simple items you can do to start learning you could try http://www.howtoairbrush.com/ />
    If you don't mind paying for lessons you may want to try here:
    http://www.nextlevelairbrush.com/html/airbrushlessons.htm />
    Either way you look at it, it's a bit of trial and error mixed with a substantial amount of practice, practice, practice... Try using it freehand at first to get used to your brush's action and over time start working in your stencils and edges to bring out detail. Either way you choose to paint, just enjoy yourself!
    • 113 posts
    February 6, 2012 6:14 PM PST
    Thanks Ry, I've painted for years, so the practise doesn't intimidate me nor the freehand. But the websites you gave me I truly appreciate. I'll check them out. I'll try both, I don't mind paying for lessons, I just want to get started. Enjoyment will be a plus!
    • 16780 posts
    February 7, 2012 3:34 AM PST
    Patience, practice, enjoy.
    There are so many new brushes, paints, info, etc. out there these days.
    Back in the day all I had was a couple of Badger single-action airbrushes, and thinned 1-shot paint. :-)
    • 823 posts
    February 12, 2012 6:58 AM PST
    Southeastern New Mexico here! You can ride all year, well unless you go buy a new Harley then it gets cold and snows for the weekend 65 tomorrow though...............
  • Ry
    February 12, 2012 10:11 AM PST
    Welcome to CF!
    • 16780 posts
    February 12, 2012 2:35 PM PST
    Hello from the extreme northwest of Pennsylvania.
  • February 13, 2012 7:31 PM PST
    Riding in Southwest Texas, is good, looking forward for run to Corpus Christi,Tex. Ride safe you all,thanks cyclefish
    • 18989 posts
    February 13, 2012 10:37 PM PST
    Hi Andymarkie, Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.
    • 16780 posts
    February 14, 2012 2:24 AM PST
    Hello from the Pennsylvania shore of Lake Erie.