Route from the 1969 Movie Easy Rider

• 1161 posts
    May 4, 2010 7:59 PM PDT
    Thought since I found this I should share it,  Thought it was cool.

http://www.mrzip66.com/2009/04/20/route-from-the-movie-easy-rider-map/ />

• 86 posts
    May 4, 2010 8:06 PM PDT
    That is cool, wow how things have changed
    • 601 posts
    May 4, 2010 11:35 PM PDT
    Great link Seakers...in 2007 I rode from Bullhead City to Armarillo, fantastic roads and scenery. Sante Fe has to be one of the nicest cities i have ever visited and I have every intention of returning there, maybe to ride from there to Flagstaff then back to Grant for the Fire and Ice rally..that was great too. When we stopped in Amboy it was 116 degrees, the hottest we ever get in Ireland is 80 - 82, riding in that heat was like sitting in an exhaust from a truck..but we loved every mile of it..and the folks were great, maybe because they don't see Irish people too often. I think that whole town of Amboy is owned by some Jananese fella ??
  • May 5, 2010 12:42 AM PDT
    thanks Seakers that was way to cool. The next rainy day I am going to watch the move again
    • 1161 posts
    May 6, 2010 3:52 PM PDT
    your welcome guys thought it was cool to see aswell!
    • 2 posts
    May 7, 2010 1:57 AM PDT
    Neat link, thanks!

Good memory jog. - Ever since watching it have been looking for "Superstition", not "Sacred" Mountain

Saw the movie on 1st release. Liked the scenery, thought everything else was dumb, especially the "Cpt. America" bike.
    * peanut tank
    * weird pipes, w/ strange ends
    * no front fender
    Great paint job tho

One thing I miss from "back-in-the-day" are real sissy bars. You could lash all your gear, including your rifle & fishing rod to them & not spend a weeks wages on dedicated luggage, a sea-bag did just fine.
    • 1161 posts
    February 18, 2012 4:46 PM PST
    Thought some of the newer members may enjoy this.
    • 638 posts
    February 19, 2012 12:19 AM PST
    I've ridden on quite a few of those roads in Louisiana. Cool link. Thanks for sharing
    • 1516 posts
    February 19, 2012 1:44 AM PST
    Now I just want a ROAD TRIP!!!
    • 1161 posts
    February 19, 2012 5:32 AM PST
    Lol DebraJo.
    • 834 posts
    February 23, 2012 12:43 PM PST
    Damn, they went right by my place - but I was only 10 in 1969!

Might have to run that route if I ever run to New Orleans!
    • 5420 posts
    February 23, 2012 3:24 PM PST
    Sounds like fun...

AZ, I'll stop by and grab ya up when I do.
  • February 24, 2012 6:12 AM PST
    Really ENJOYED reading up on this ........... the movie was released when I was about 9 years old and I promised myself I would get a HARLEY!! 
    I lived not too far from the 'ruins' they spent the night at and from the 'Painted Desert' .......... as they rode towards Monument Valley .......... INCREDIBLE!!
    Not much has changed as far as the 'scenery' ...............
    Thank you so much for sharing!!
    • 1161 posts
    February 24, 2012 4:55 PM PST
    Your welcome, I also some day want to ride this as well. Just glad people like minded enjoy this like I did.
  • February 24, 2012 5:21 PM PST
    Thanks Seakers! What a cool vid. I didn't ride when that came out but it did inspire me to go cross country. Made it from Cali to Miss. in my truck & now that I ride have gone from Cali as far eat as Ohio.

Road trip on Monday!!!! YA!
    • 1161 posts
    January 26, 2015 12:18 PM PST
    Just thought since it has been three years since a reply on this I would comment so everyone not around then could see this. I hope you all enjoy!