Application for permission to date my daughter

• 352 posts
    May 4, 2010 1:35 PM PDT
     yep
    • 2 posts
    May 4, 2010 2:30 PM PDT
    Was kind'a like the above w/ my daughter & she fussed about it big time, then when she had me move her into her place in NYC she said "Wear your NRA hat when you come"
  • May 4, 2010 2:38 PM PDT
    that kinda sounds familiar.badinfluence
  • May 5, 2010 1:40 AM PDT
    Sooooo greatful I have boys. I work in a high school and cannot believe the fashions these girls are wearing today(man that just sounded like my grandfather)! They must know they are revealing too much as they are constantly pulling up their necklines on their shirts and hiking up their pants. I know damn well if I had a girl they would not even own such clothing.

When you have a boy you worry about one little prick...when you have a girl you worry about them all!
    • 1 posts
    May 6, 2010 6:59 AM PDT
    I love it. Although, I was probably not the most impressive teen in the eyes of any of the dad's of the girls I dated.
  • May 6, 2010 7:01 AM PDT
    Hey us moms can be pretty tough to. I have scared several boys away who came to the house for my daughter. Scared a few girls away to when they were not good enough for my boys.
    • 352 posts
    May 6, 2010 7:49 AM PDT

lol - I was shot at 1 time with rock salt...lucky thing I was younger and faster than I am now - he missed!

but that is a story for another time and place

• May 6, 2010 8:51 AM PDT
    I had a son, but my four brothers all had daughters. It is good to see this "Application" again and updated. I still remember when my wife and I were selected by one of my brothers to be the legal guardian for his daughter if anything were to happen to the two of them. There was this "Application" and I had to promise that she couldn't date until she was 32. I really believe I was selected because none of the other brothers had any firearms. Loved it, thanks for another smile and fond memory.
  • July 3, 2010 12:43 AM PDT
    I sent this application around to several Parents of daughters - They all loved it. I showed it to my 13 year old and She nearly killed me with the EVIL EyesBut I guess that is the point - Make sure they understand your Job is to make sure the boys show up with a smile and leave is Tears ...... And she always keeps her smile.....

As for when I was a Teen - Well all I can say is just like everyone else I Pushed the limits as well sneaking into homes at night, Cutting school to spend the day with my girl "alone" and all the other things we do but I always showed respect to the fathers....
  • April 5, 2012 4:34 AM PDT
    Y'all are a great dad with a terrific sense of what is "right" and "wrong" about some of the many fellas that no doubt are trying to win the attention and affection of your bay-bee girl. Laughed out loud at this. Thanks for making an ole widders eyes water with laughter!