Rules for getting you ASS KICKED

• April 11, 2010 11:43 PM PDT
    • 75 posts
    April 12, 2010 1:29 AM PDT
       too!  Very well put!
  • April 12, 2010 1:33 AM PDT
    "I'm your kid. Your owe me".....????? at 25..??????
    "I can't make enough money in that job."   Hint get rid of phone bill of $90/mo and second job.." I'm not gona work that many hours.  I need to see my friends"...
  • April 12, 2010 1:59 AM PDT
    Yeah, I had an issue with the electronic gadgetry. Ballpeen to Ipod and a high "G" stop on the floor for a cell phone and problem was solved.
    • 1040 posts
    April 12, 2010 2:02 AM PDT
    Damn DEFCON; ya ever think of running for political office? Hell, I'd vote for ya

• 1040 posts
    April 12, 2010 2:33 AM PDT
    DEFCON wrote...
    There is a loss of priority. People who have never had to sacrifice have lived too long on the fruits of others patriotic toils and been able to manifest as a cancerous lesion on the fabric of our great Nation. When you have generations unwilling to sacrifice their comfort, let alone their life, to help another or stand for a just cause, you get masses who will never know the price of our freedom and quality of life. Then when it all starts getting too "hard", they start looking for coffers to take it from instead of earning it for themselves. They think helping your neighbor is taking from someone else through legislation or community action or earmarks instead of rolling up your sleeves and getting dirty with your neighbor to help them out. Or what about teaching your neighbor to do it for themselves and then letting them experience the satisfaction and success of self reliance. When you continue to help people who are perfectly able to help themselves, they start thinking it is their right to receive that help.

Whether it's my clueless 17 yr old who thinks she has a right to have 12 different purses because she's a girl and that's just a girl thing or looks at me like I have a rat in my nose when I suggest riding her bicycle to work instead of mooching rides off of friends because she chose to spend her Driver's Ed. money on clothing. My grandmother was a girl. I don't remember piles of clothing or purses in her closet. I know she quit school at 13 to go to work to give her money to the family for food and anything else the family needed.

I think most of these whiney assed, part of your dollar is rightfully mine, what's in it for me, that's not my job, sniveling pukes that call themselves Americans eventually realize the truth about how they have lived. But it is much too late to be relevant after they have influenced so many with their putrid beliefs.

Just like when we served. If one trips over his dick, we all payed up with a pain penalty. Same thing in society. We all pay for the idiots ideology. Problem is that we can't take the idioits to the proverbial "gear locker" for an adjustment with the "ass wrench" without being labeled intolerant, insensitive, or haters.....How dare we expect someone to earn their financial security.....It ultimately is natural selection for the inept to fail and be removed from the pool. But we have let the scum survive to dilute our financial and social gene pool to the point of our checks and balances, our National immune system if you will, being immuno deficient to the point of system failure.........Holy Sh*t.....Good morning from my monday morning soapbox.....LOL

DEFCON, There was a time brother when I posed to myself the the same question, will our youngsters defend the very freedom and liberty they were provided by those/us before them? After 911, seeing the response and the nationalisim renewed by those joining our millitary to defend aginist the "Islamic Extremist" who attacked us; I was lifted with pride the youngsters stepped up to the plate. They joined in numbers that If I remember correctly, allowed all branches of the millitary to meet their recruitment goals and some even had to be turned away because the younsters showed up to defend their home. I'm proud of them and pray the hunger and thirst for freedom and liberty will continue. Our country is at a crossroads right now and our generation must take every opportunity and make every effort to teach our children and granchildren to know the history of our great nation so as not to let history repeat itself. November 2010.

• April 12, 2010 5:04 AM PDT
    That is the key. The problem is that those moments of opportunity when rearing the children come and go before you know it and many don't realize they've missed the opportunity to engrain the patriot into their childs mind. Or, they turn it into something of folly or radicalism or as some story about others who were great but don't teach the child they too can accomplish great things with adherance to very simple principles. And, these principles may be simple, but are in no way easy. This is where we lose the battle. There is so much easy gratification to be had with minimal application of principle that it's almost considered archaic by some to do it the "right" way. Too much following the "power perceived is power achieved" vs. "power acheived is power perceived".

We do have many who answered the call after 9/11/01, and it made me very optimistic. But there are also millions who are working just as hard to maneuver into positions of power in Gov't. I sometimes wonder how differently a few things may have been had we not lost so many to our wars. The very people who had the testicular fortitude (this includes the women who had the balls too) to risk everything for this great country, were removed from the fullfillment of their potential and the positive influence they would have had on so many, by that very service and sacrifice. And, as ironic as any novel, the very people who shirked their duty and subscribe to a lesser existence for the good of the communal "group" survived to rise to power over the people they loath for their sense of duty. We who served and serve to defend our freedoms were and are unable to decide what those freedoms are. That's done in Legislature and is where the power to preserve is just as fundemental as holding the rifle steady at the enemy of freedom. What so many could not take from us by force, a few are able to do with the sway of votes. That's where the battle is forming up......we need those volunteers, but also need the education in civics that fxrdude wrote of to ensure our youth understand where ALL battlelines are.

My kids are learning to fight. But they are also learning to think for themselves every chance I get.
    • 1040 posts
    April 12, 2010 7:26 AM PDT
    DEFCON wrote...
    That is the key. The problem is that those moments of opportunity when rearing the children come and go before you know it and many don't realize they've missed the opportunity to engrain the patriot into their childs mind. Or, they turn it into something of folly or radicalism or as some story about others who were great but don't teach the child they too can accomplish great things with adherance to very simple principles. And, these principles may be simple, but are in no way easy. This is where we lose the battle. There is so much easy gratification to be had with minimal application of principle that it's almost considered archaic by some to do it the "right" way. Too much following the "power perceived is power achieved" vs. "power acheived is power perceived".

We do have many who answered the call after 9/11/01, and it made me very optimistic. But there are also millions who are working just as hard to maneuver into positions of power in Gov't. I sometimes wonder how differently a few things may have been had we not lost so many to our wars. The very people who had the testicular fortitude (this includes the women who had the balls too) to risk everything for this great country, were removed from the fullfillment of their potential and the positive influence they would have had on so many, by that very service and sacrifice. And, as ironic as any novel, the very people who shirked their duty and subscribe to a lesser existence for the good of the communal "group" survived to rise to power over the people they loath for their sense of duty. We who served and serve to defend our freedoms were and are unable to decide what those freedoms are. That's done in Legislature and is where the power to preserve is just as fundemental as holding the rifle steady at the enemy of freedom. What so many could not take from us by force, a few are able to do with the sway of votes. That's where the battle is forming up......we need those volunteers, but also need the education in civics that fxrdude wrote of to ensure our youth understand where ALL battlelines are.

My kids are learning to fight. But they are also learning to think for themselves every chance I get.

All very good stuff DEFCON, both my grandsons have been studying Martial Arts since 4 years old now. The oldest is 13 studying Tae Kwon Do and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu which hopefully will give him the well rounded stand up and ground skills and confidence to deal with unwanted situations as they arise. There are some other styles of fighting I would like for him to study but here where we live the selections are a bit limited. The youngest is 7 and been studying TKD since 4 and will enter the Jiu Jitsu training when he is 10. They both do well in school. The oldest makes A and A/B honor roll and is in advanced math. The youngest is average but works hard at his school studies and that's all I can ask for that they try their best.

Why the Martial Arts? It's a tough world out there. None of us know where we will be in 5/10/15 years from now. Our politicians are leading us down a path the scares the shit out of me and my feelings are they need to be prepared both physically and mentally for whatever lies ahead; of course we always pray for the best. I teach them a couple of things as a foundation for them to grow on. Love your God, do unto others as you would have them do unto you but don't take any wooden nickles and walk softly and carry a big stick. Think for yourself and analyze what life brings to you but also follow your gut; 9 times out of 10 your gut is correct.

As a nation we are facing many obstacles from within and abroad; my gut tells me we better carry a big stick and use it when in doubt...Just my humble opinion...The very best to everyone.
  • April 12, 2010 7:28 AM PDT
    As former Navy/Marine during the Vietnam War, I would like to remind all former and current service personnel about a change to #7: You may now, conduct a military salute to the flag when presented in any public ceremonies. If you are not former service connected, the hand over the heart is the accepted repect rendering. And get off your butt!
    • 1040 posts
    April 12, 2010 7:35 AM PDT
    Semper Fi Michael and thanks for your service Brother.
    • 352 posts
    April 12, 2010 10:02 AM PDT
    well said on both those last posts FX - could not agree more on the be prepared bit (maybe that was from my old eagle scout days, lol). I put my son through martial arts training as well - I had worked my way up the ranks ages ago and taught mixed martial arts for a while before old age started to creep up the hard way and and I did my tour in the Marines.

It amazes me how many people show little to no respect for the flag or country, or those that have served our country, sadly it is usually the younger people - makes me want to smack their parents for not teaching them better, and then smacking them again for having children.

If you won't take the time to raise your children correctly, then you should not have taken the time to create them!

JMHO
    • 1780 posts
    April 12, 2010 11:50 AM PDT
    We shall not go quietly into the night, we shall not give up without a fight........
    Dragon
  • April 13, 2010 3:44 AM PDT
    I love this and couldn't agree more. My husband is a vet of VietNam and Grenada. He is retired from 7th SFG. The one thing I absolutely hate is the ones who wears the maroon berets and the tan berets telling everybody they are Special Forces. I used to constantly tell them the only color beret ever worn by SF is Green. While I am proud of all our military I am speically proud of what my husband did and will not let anybody else claim to be Special Forces. He went through a long course to get there and my children and I had to manage without him during that time and all the years afterwards. I would like to add that these so called "christians" who are protesting at the funerals of our fallen heroes need an extra special ass kicking.
    • 1040 posts
    April 13, 2010 5:01 AM PDT
    PansRule wrote...
    I love this and couldn't agree more. My husband is a vet of VietNam and Grenada. He is retired from 7th SFG. The one thing I absolutely hate is the ones who wears the maroon berets and the tan berets telling everybody they are Special Forces. I used to constantly tell them the only color beret ever worn by SF is Green. While I am proud of all our military I am speically proud of what my husband did and will not let anybody else claim to be Special Forces. He went through a long course to get there and my children and I had to manage without him during that time and all the years afterwards. I would like to add that these so called "christians" who are protesting at the funerals of our fallen heroes need an extra special ass kicking.

As a former but alway's proud Marine I'm not gonna get into the riff of what constitutes "Special Forces" in the Army. In my eyes, every man and women who put on a uniform of our great nation offered their time away from family to defend this country. Thank you to your husband for his service and sacrafice and thank you as a millitary wife/dependant/family for your support of him and sticking with him through thick and thin.
  • April 13, 2010 6:10 AM PDT
    fxrdude - I totally understand where you are coming from. In the Army there is Special Operations which consist of 82nd Airborne, Rangers, Delta and maybe a few others. And there is Special Forces which wear the Green Beret. They are called Special Forces not Green Berets. They have a tab on their shoulders that say Special Forces. The course to wear this tab last at least 6 months. Maybe longer. It has been a long time since I dealt with it. Took me a long time to understand the difference. Nobody in the Army can wear this tab or beret or carry this title unless they have been through the course. Don't know how they received that name but I do know that the Green Beret is a presidential citation awarded to Special Forces. You are all heros in my eyes, whether you are in the Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or anybody else who has helped to protect our country. My dad was Army/Air Corp in WWII rear tail gunner, my step-dad was Air Force and a Viet Nam veteran and both of my brothers served in Viet Nam with the Navy. A great uncle was a Marine in the early 1900's. My great-great grandfather was in the Civil War and died at that time. And I have a niece who is currently serving in the Army. Military runs in our family. My best friend lost a nephew 2 years ago in Iraq. My problem is the ones who try to say they are Special Forces just to make themselves sound better. I say be who you are and don't try to be somebody else. They were Rangers and should have been proud to say they were Rangers. I'm not trying to offend anybody just expressing how I feel.

Thank you for all you have done for our country and the sacrifices you made to help defend us. I know there were many sacrifices made too. I spent 20 years living with it eveyday.
    • 513 posts
    April 13, 2010 6:57 AM PDT
    • 1040 posts
    April 13, 2010 8:17 AM PDT

Don't know how I missed that Dyna; an outstanding read
    • 513 posts
    April 13, 2010 8:25 AM PDT
    fxrdude wrote...

Don't know how I missed that Dyna; an outstanding read

Just a fair assessment of the world as I see it!

• 1780 posts
    April 13, 2010 10:00 AM PDT
    PansRule wrote...
    I love this and couldn't agree more. My husband is a vet of VietNam and Grenada. He is retired from 7th SFG. The one thing I absolutely hate is the ones who wears the maroon berets and the tan berets telling everybody they are Special Forces. I used to constantly tell them the only color beret ever worn by SF is Green. While I am proud of all our military I am speically proud of what my husband did and will not let anybody else claim to be Special Forces. He went through a long course to get there and my children and I had to manage without him during that time and all the years afterwards. I would like to add that these so called "christians" who are protesting at the funerals of our fallen heroes need an extra special ass r kicking.

Hey Brother PansRule I salute you for your service to our great country.......dude you look bad ass in your picture. I ran accross this kid once that had a grean Beret on that was obviously under age for Viet Nam....I ask him where he was in Viet Nam. He said he had not been in the Military, the Beret was his Fathers. I told him to take off the Beret, or I would remove it for him. He said FUC^ Your, so I removed his Fathers Beret for him, and I now own it. I told him don't you dare pretend to have served in this County's Military, when you have not.
    Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    April 13, 2010 10:17 AM PDT
    Just a note....I was at the post office today in line, and I had my vest on with my patch on it, and some lady behind me ask what that patch ment (Bikers for a Safer Society).......so I took a minute to explain to her we are bikers that believe that wrong doings against innocent people should be acted upon. She said to me....but you look so scarry to me. I explained to her, Mam Looks can be deciving......we believe in protecting the good people of our Society against the scum that has invaded our world. She was amazed and appreciative of our cause. She couldn't say enought good things about us at this point.
    Hey if anybody has any simular intercounters please share them with us.

Dragon
  • April 13, 2010 2:10 PM PDT
    nightdragon I understand why you took that beret. My ex-brother-in-law told everybody he met he was a vietnam veteran. The ass got kicked out of the service while in basic training. I wish my husband could put his beret back on but he has too much hair now. The theifs who took the pan took his CIB off his tool bag. They probably don't even know what it is. Well that is an easy replace. At least we have the pan back. That is all that counts.
    • 1040 posts
    April 13, 2010 2:37 PM PDT
    There is dumbass wannabe's in all branches and those who never served who think they have earned the right to wear any part of the millitary uniform as they wish. I remember at Camp Lejeune in 72 a young Pvt in our Platoon went home on leave all decked out in his dress blues; the dumbass went to a dance or something wearing a set of 1stLt bars and was ID'd for a drink. The idiot showed his millitary ID witrh his Pvt rank indicated to a Vet behind the bar; It was all over then, the Vet called the Police who contacted the nearest Millitary base Provost Marshall's Office and they came and got his freckin dumbass that night. The boy went to the brig and got kicked out for impersonating an Officer. Shoulda went to the Naval Academy or OCS (Officers Canidate School) the dumbass!!!
    • 513 posts
    April 13, 2010 7:52 PM PDT
    People are capable of severe stupidity all over the world, it does not end with the services or the bike world for that matter.
    Old Jack used to say there are two types of people in this world those who do and those who wish they did !
    We all know that they are out there, but I still laugh at myself for finding it strange that people are like that.
    I assume that these type of people who claim to be something they are not is because they are either intimidated by
    those around them who have lived life or done the things they regret having not done.
    I read a lot of books about the Vietnam war and the sixties, it is a period of history that goes hand in hand with the chopper/hippy thing and it also had the best music, but it seems to me with this particular conflict that for a long time Vets were frowned upon because of the political turmoil during that time and for a long time afterward. When the vets finally got accepted with the Veterans march, the wall etc. it suddenly became acceptable to be a vet and then it became cool and all sorts of people were claiming to be vets some with a very small link and some with no links at all. It is just human nature I suppose that for whatever reason guilt that they did not act or just wanting to belong cause them to act the way they do.

Take for example these guys wearing the sons of anarchy cuts and forming "support" clubs, they need to belong and want the world to look at them and think they are real 1%ers, same kinda thing...I think.

Just to give you a giggle and not be to heavy, the night after my wedding back in the dark ages, we were having a session for just the bikers after family had gone home and a lot of drink was consumed. My good friend Paul had been at Cadwell race school in England the week before and told all about the day, and how it had helped his road skills on the bike. He told us a funny story about a chap crashing because the breaking point he picked turned out to be a hedgehog and it kept moving toward the corner and eventually the bloke could not brake enough for the corner and off the track he went. All very funny, we laughed at the poor chaps unfortunate luck, however half an hour later another man we knew, he had a bike but never used it and hung around with us all the time going everywhere in his car but was useful, preceded to tell Paul's story right back to him....we laughed so hard and he got such a hard time about it that was the last we saw of him for a long time.

For vets of any conflict I think there will always be those who will claim to have been there when they were not and no matter what way you look at it it is disrespectful but I think they are to be pitied to a certain extent because their own lives must be so empty that they have to pretend to be something that they are not.

Be good!
    • 1161 posts
    April 13, 2010 8:19 PM PDT
    My Grandfather was in Korea and Nam and I have his old CIB Badge and there is NO WAY IN HELL that I would put it on anything do to the respect I have for him and what he did to earn it.  As for my own Badge I do have it and soon I also want to get it Tattooed on my chest like so many Airborne Members have done including my Grandfather did when he began Teaching Airborne School at Fort Bragg, NC.  So ya if they are useing it saying look at me i'm tough shit,  ya i'm gonna have a problem with it! 

If you did not earn it and I see it were gonna have some words.  And if I offended some one you might want to think about why this offended you and correct it.
    • 1780 posts
    April 14, 2010 12:47 AM PDT
    Dyna wrote...
    People are capable of severe stupidity all over the world, it does not end with the services or the bike world for that matter.
    Old Jack used to say there are two types of people in this world those who do and those who wish they did !
    We all know that they are out there, but I still laugh at myself for finding it strange that people are like that.
    I assume that these type of people who claim to be something they are not is because they are either intimidated by
    those around them who have lived life or done the things they regret having not done.
    I read a lot of books about the Vietnam war and the sixties, it is a period of history that goes hand in hand with the chopper/hippy thing and it also had the best music, but it seems to me with this particular conflict that for a long time Vets were frowned upon because of the political turmoil during that time and for a long time afterward. When the vets finally got accepted with the Veterans march, the wall etc. it suddenly became acceptable to be a vet and then it became cool and all sorts of people were claiming to be vets some with a very small link and some with no links at all. It is just human nature I suppose that for whatever reason guilt that they did not act or just wanting to belong cause them to act the way they do.

Take for example these guys wearing the sons of anarchy cuts and forming "support" clubs, they need to belong and want the world to look at them and think they are real 1%ers, same kinda thing...I think.

Just to give you a giggle and not be to heavy, the night after my wedding back in the dark ages, we were having a session for just the bikers after family had gone home and a lot of drink was consumed. My good friend Paul had been at Cadwell race school in England the week before and told all about the day, and how it had helped his road skills on the bike. He told us a funny story about a chap crashing because the breaking point he picked turned out to be a hedgehog and it kept moving toward the corner and eventually the bloke could not brake enough for the corner and off the track he went. All very funny, we laughed at the poor chaps unfortunate luck, however half an hour later another man we knew, he had a bike but never used it and hung around with us all the time going everywhere in his car but was useful, preceded to tell Paul's story right back to him....we laughed so hard and he got such a hard time about it that was the last we saw of him for a long time.

For vets of any conflict I think there will always be those who will claim to have been there when they were not and no matter what way you look at it it is disrespectful but I think they are to be pitied to a certain extent because their own lives must be so empty that they have to pretend to be something that they are not.

Be good!

Dyna you have a wonderful way with words that capativate your readers.
    Be safe my friend
    Dragon