WAVING

• 1509 posts
    April 10, 2010 12:12 PM PDT
    Silly yuppies waving is for boats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • April 10, 2010 1:41 PM PDT
    99savage don't wave at anybody - can't do it at the speed he's traveling by the time he fiquires out what kind of bike is coming at him it's already passed.
    As for old men on geezer glides he won't wave cause he's to far behind for them to see him. And if he was coming the other way we old dudes probably didn't hear him cause our stereos were turned up to loud.
    But then we don't usally keep our eyes on the ditch at the side of the road, so that might explain why he wasn't seen and wasn't given the "wave".
    • 19034 posts
    April 10, 2010 2:24 PM PDT
    can i just say that i feel like one badass mother ****er when them big ol' biker guys wave....dorky heather always smiles and says I'm one of you nowww

I would wave at you anytime you silly goose.

• April 10, 2010 2:59 PM PDT
    Right there with Ya Rex, I make it a point to give all the Gals out there riding "The Wave" and usually a thumbs Up if time permits!
    • 1066 posts
    April 10, 2010 11:45 PM PDT
    Hey Sarge, what do ya mean if time permits, are ya goin somewhere? LOL
  • April 14, 2010 5:29 AM PDT
    My brother in-law is jealous of my Hog too. He's forgiven, he rides a Honda (when it runs).
    • 190 posts
    April 14, 2010 7:12 AM PDT
    I dunno. maybe its a 'noo yawk' gangsta thing but i usually give em a clenched fist chest high or a sideways v-finger salute....i know. im a lost case....
  • October 29, 2010 4:23 AM PDT
    Now that I am more comfortable riding I find myself waving to all other riders. When I first started riding I guess I felt like I really wasn't one of the "group" yet so I only waved back to those who waved to me.
  • October 29, 2010 4:46 AM PDT
    I wave to everyone along the way, except when im at a large rally and then it just dont make sense because you are passing bikes every 100 yds or so. I was wondering if it is ok for the passenger and not the rider to wave back? Whats up with that?
    • 5420 posts
    October 29, 2010 5:02 AM PDT
    Nothing wrong with the passenger waving at all. I get waves from many back seat riders, and I know Laura waves to most passing bikes.
    • 846 posts
    October 29, 2010 6:37 AM PDT
    To me that's the passengers job. They need to wave so that the rider can keep both hands on the bars. Most folks riding two up that wave back, it's the passenger who has waved back. Makes sense to me but i'm simple minded
  • October 29, 2010 9:10 AM PDT
    waving is respectful acknowledgement of another rider and, unless two hands are absolutely needed at the time due a return, but if you need both hands at the time a nod useually works well, in the deep south at least !
  • November 1, 2010 4:23 PM PDT
    Over100, you got that right brother! I wave to all ... all HOG riders wave around here....yet many of the sportriders don't , maybe they feel intimidated by my 'thunder'!!!