WAVING

• April 2, 2010 3:05 PM PDT
    early 70s kid asked easyrider mag about waving, reply was real bikers will never wave ,may nod but never wave strange how times have changed
  • April 2, 2010 3:05 PM PDT
    early 70s kid asked easyrider mag about waving, reply was real bikers will never wave ,may nod but never wave strange how times have changed
  • April 2, 2010 3:34 PM PDT
    freighttrain wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Rory said...

Know #1-Don’t get a Harley; Harleys are loud, obnoxious, and show the true personality of the rider. Harley riders are people that are also loud, obnoxious and just desire attention. Now, if that is you, then by all means, no one’s gonna stop you. Just realize that people that ride quiet bikes will know your true character.

Hey Rory, how did you figure us out???? LOL and proud of it.

Another proud, loud Harley owner. (they don't come stock that loud)

i set off car alarms in the area just idling through a parkinglot. if they don't go off, i help them a bit!badinfluence
  • April 2, 2010 3:49 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Rory said...

Know #1-Don’t get a Harley; Harleys are loud, obnoxious, and show the true personality of the rider. Harley riders are people that are also loud, obnoxious and just desire attention. Now, if that is you, then by all means, no one’s gonna stop you. Just realize that people that ride quiet bikes will know your true character.

My ride buddy hears me start my HD up three quarters of a mile away. Nice and lets him know I'm on the way.
  • April 2, 2010 8:08 PM PDT
    The car alarms up the main street in Ely during tourist season in the summer are lots of fun to set off.
    • 568 posts
    April 2, 2010 11:48 PM PDT
    bikes in general, and harleys & chops in particular, ARE SUPPOSED ta be loud!
  • April 3, 2010 12:29 AM PDT
    Loud pipes vs them little imports with a trunk full of 24' sub-woofers............

• 601 posts
    April 3, 2010 8:30 AM PDT
    Have to agree on the pipes they must be loud....when I fire the bike up in the morning for work, the whole area wakes for work, saves them a fortune on alarm clocks.
  • April 3, 2010 8:48 AM PDT
    freighttrain wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Rory said...

Another proud, loud Harley owner. (they don't come stock that loud)

i set off car alarms in the area just idling through a parkinglot. if they don't go off, i help them a bit!badinfluence

WHAT'D Y'ALL SAY???  GAWD I LOVE IT!

Bad @ I love setting off car alarms ~ too funny! I think the gal in the parking lot next to me peed her pants laughing ~ especially when I set them off the second and third time

Scooters ~ oh crap ~ I got stuck behind a cluster of 'bees' one day and couldn't get around 'em ~ had to get off the road as it was too embarrassing (or to damn funny) to have a HOG riding sweeper behind a bunch of scared sh..less ... oh well, you get my point... HA HA HA!

• April 3, 2010 9:04 AM PDT
    The best waves are from the cute chicks on the side of the road, sayin "C'mon-back"....
  • April 3, 2010 9:22 AM PDT
    Loud pipes save lives.... So far... have made the deer freeze up on the side of the road to stare at me(just lucky though, i think)...have gotten drivers' attention... have set off an alarm or too. Love my rumble....love yours... love the rolling thunder of road warriors....

Wave when I feel like it.  Most times, but not at all riders.  Some particular "types" don't seem to wave, so I don't bother. 

Flip the bird occasionally...but that is just me... need to let some stuff go... cagers... FIDO - Forget It, Drive On - I do it in my car... sometimes have a hard time letting go with cagers not respecting my space on the road when I'm on the bike. 
  • April 6, 2010 1:32 AM PDT
    Great stuff!!!
    • 19040 posts
    April 6, 2010 2:01 AM PDT
    I call it Car Alarm Bingo, love to do it in parking lots. Rex has Sreaming Eagle Mufflers with Sampson True Duals. He has a nice rumble under normal throttle but roars to life and speaks with authority with a hard twist. Loud pipes do save lives and I can personally attest to that on several occasions. Inga you mentioned the dear freezing, When I see deer near the road I squeeze the clutch and goose the throttle a few times in rapid succession. It seems to get their attention quite well. On several occasions the deer have retreated back into the woods after doing this. As for the wave I generally will return the wave but only initiate it when it feels right. Mini scooters not yet. They are on the right path though.
    • 1 posts
    April 6, 2010 6:07 AM PDT
    Flatlander wrote...
    So are we sposed to wave at scooters or not?.................... lol

Just wave at everyone!

• April 6, 2010 6:14 AM PDT
    TO FUNNY! You just answered every question I ever had about riders. Are they the correct answers ? LOL
  • April 6, 2010 6:36 AM PDT
    I like that Rex, "Car Alarm Bingo". Have to remember that.
    • 1509 posts
    April 6, 2010 7:15 AM PDT
    I do not wave cause I got enough friends here on cylcle fish
    • 2 posts
    April 10, 2010 7:14 AM PDT
    I wave.
    Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassel handlebars and the studded luggage and the half helmets - God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, do I hate those guys. I don't wave at them either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180 degree German engines. God, I hate them.

They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they have got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grandpa.

Oh, and Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color as long as it is red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a Desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. God forbid they should ever wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep going.

Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Buell. I'll wave at Buell guys, but, even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on I-285. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and, by the way, neither will the guys in two piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at - those guys with the helmets with loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is like a family, a close knit brotherhood of people who ride Buells, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Icon) with regular gloves and a solid color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes The Brotherhood of the Road so special?

p.s. I just so ripped this off from the Buell site
  • April 10, 2010 7:31 AM PDT
    ingababy wrote...
    Loud pipes save lives.... So far... have made the deer freeze up on the side of the road to stare at me(just lucky though, i think)...have gotten drivers' attention... have set off an alarm or too. Love my rumble....love yours... love the rolling thunder of road warriors....

Wave when I feel like it.  Most times, but not at all riders.  Some particular "types" don't seem to wave, so I don't bother. 

Flip the bird occasionally...but that is just me... need to let some stuff go... cagers... FIDO - Forget It, Drive On - I do it in my car... sometimes have a hard time letting go with cagers not respecting my space on the road when I'm on the bike. 
    I like your style! The deer part is hit and miss...no pun intended! Sometimes they freeze sometimes they freak so watch out! The car alarm thing usually only happens when we go to a big city(Farmers have dogs not alarms lol) but I did almost piss myself laughing when we set a bunch of them off in Spokane last trip there! More fun than you should be alowed to have
  • April 10, 2010 10:16 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    I wave to everyone, and most everyone wave's back.......Goldwing riders are usually the only ones that don't wave back.
    Dragon

There's only one Goldwing (Pacific Coast) rider I won't wave to... at least with all fingers... long story...

I do wave to everyone ~ especially the the scooters so I can see them drop their PBR 12 packs... ha ha ha!

• April 10, 2010 10:20 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    I wave.
    Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassel handlebars and the studded luggage and the half helmets - God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, do I hate those guys. I don't wave at them either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180 degree German engines. God, I hate them.

They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they have got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grandpa.

Oh, and Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color as long as it is red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a Desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. God forbid they should ever wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep going.

Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Buell. I'll wave at Buell guys, but, even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on I-285. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and, by the way, neither will the guys in two piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at - those guys with the helmets with loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is like a family, a close knit brotherhood of people who ride Buells, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Icon) with regular gloves and a solid color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes The Brotherhood of the Road so special?

p.s. I just so ripped this off from the Buell site

Dude ~ I am so glad I read this all the way to the end... and we 'know' you wave, right???

• April 10, 2010 11:13 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    I call it Car Alarm Bingo, love to do it in parking lots. Rex has Sreaming Eagle Mufflers with Sampson True Duals. He has a nice rumble under normal throttle but roars to life and speaks with authority with a hard twist. Loud pipes do save lives and I can personally attest to that on several occasions. Inga you mentioned the dear freezing, When I see deer near the road I squeeze the clutch and goose the throttle a few times in rapid succession. It seems to get their attention quite well. On several occasions the deer have retreated back into the woods after doing this. As for the wave I generally will return the wave but only initiate it when it feels right. Mini scooters not yet. They are on the right path though.

With the deer if you can get a good rap going sounds like automatic gun fire. Works every time

• April 10, 2010 11:39 AM PDT
    can i just say that i feel like one badass mother ****er when them big ol' biker guys wave....dorky heather always smiles and says I'm one of you nowww
  • April 10, 2010 12:05 PM PDT
    Kinda funny reading about the car alarms! The missus came home on wednesday for lunch and asked me if a Bike could set them off? I had just put her Slash Cut "Talkers" on her Custom the week before! I told her "Yes Dear, it's you doing it"... She headed back to work laughing about messing with car alarms with her bike!
  • April 10, 2010 12:11 PM PDT
    i wave to most ...dance for a few ,, lol ppl flip out when u stand on ur sportbike and dance at 75+