Ladies Who Do You Ride With ?

• February 5, 2013 10:16 PM PST
    I'm lucky to be able to ride with my husband most of the time, but I'm not opposed to jumping on and cruising by myself either. Both of my son's ride as well but they think its stressful riding with their mom. I just love to ride, alone or group of any size.
  • February 5, 2013 10:43 PM PST
    I love to ride but there aren't a lot of female drivers in this area! Can't wait til Spring ! Love the sun in my face & the wind in my hair! Wishing Daytona were a lot closer too!
  • February 11, 2013 3:02 AM PST
    Ride solo for the most part. Really wish there was a ladies motorcycle club near me.
  • February 13, 2013 12:39 AM PST
    Seakers wrote...
    cnciaco wrote...
    I ride on my own bike with my husband next to me on his. In my small town there are NO other women riders and most of the men don't want me riding in their group. I think they don't want me giving their wives ideas.

That is sad most guys would want to share what they enjoy to bad they are all closed minded.  Personally I think women that are not afraid to ride is hot.   

I had to pipe in and give my 2 cense.

My lady only rides with me, she has no license. I am 62 she is 55, but the sharing of riding has brought us even closer after 35 years.

Ladies, ride alone, ride on back with a significant other, or ride along with others if you can.  It really is one of the best stress busters I have ever found.

Cheers

DocLubo

• 5 posts
    March 1, 2013 12:39 AM PST
    I just moved from IL to SC so I don't know many people yet so for now it will be mostly with my hubby and a few biker friends we have recently met. I prefer to ride with a small group but have ridden alone some too. I was in a womens bike club but there was too much drama, so I started my own with a few of my close friends and it was great! Sadly when I moved I lost those riding pals. I hope to start another chapter of my club here soon. I have taken womens bike trips which are great. My hubby is not into trip riding so it works out. We ride locally together! And I really prefer to ride, not bar hop, as I don't drink when I ride. So if a few friends want to put on 300 miles on a Saturday, I'm in!

Ladies, I encourage you to start your own little riding group (not necessarily a "MC" or "RC") if there are none in your area. It can be a wonderful thing! I loved our group!!
  • April 8, 2013 1:41 AM PDT
    Just my 2cents...... First off, I applaud you ladies for riding your own ride, I have and to this day, ride with some lady riders that I trust next to me more so than some guys....that being said, I think that being someone's ole lady is becoming a lost art! Sometimes I really miss having someone on the back and feeling their legs wrapped up next to me and enjoying the road with me.
    Be safe all!

Just Trippin
  • September 9, 2013 1:56 PM PDT
    Hubby and I just got our bikes in June 2013. When we started talking about it seriously.. I told him it had always been my dream to own and drive my own bike.. Well he started looking at big "cruisers" and planned on buying ONE bike.. That would have meant I would always be "the passenger".. I didn't go for that.. It was MY dream and that would not be fulfilling MY dream so after talking and penny pinching we were finally able to find two new affordable bikes and since June I have already put 5000 miles on my bike! (I ride more than he does because he drives a truck all week) last weekend we put over 600 miles on them in just two days. I LOVE to ride!!
  • September 30, 2013 10:55 AM PDT
    Well over the past couple of years I have met lots of new friends to ride with, both men and women. I joined the local HOG group and made lots of women rider friends. We spend more time riding as our own small group now then we do with the HOG chapter!
    • 70 posts
    January 21, 2014 9:18 AM PST
    Being a newbie, i do not ride in a group yet. I ride with my boyfriend who is teaching me all that I need to know to be a good rider. I hope to ride with other gals and guys nearby. People on my street all have bikes, but I never see them riding? lol..
  • November 13, 2014 7:15 AM PST
    Mostly I ride alone. I have a dirt bike so i usually go with my bike in the woods... so my bike is not costumized for street riding.