Hey all...need advice on askin ride partner to DITCH his SOA cap

• 190 posts
    February 20, 2010 7:31 AM PST
    hey all...I got a real good bud of mine. His name is 8 Ball. A solid kinda guy. lately the guy's been takin to wearin an SOA Reaper Crew knit cap. I been around clubs a while and learned a few things as a 'hang around' and figured it just wasnt my bag. Anyway, i know that come this ridin season there'll be a few chuckles comin my way on account of this SOA "club member' next to me...even i cant help chucklin a bit...anyway, i gotta find a way to tell this good brother that he just wont be taken seriously WITH THAT DAMN CAP onm his head !  Im gonna have to break his heart on this one but he's gotta know. Gotta .lose that cap or cant ride next to me.....My ol lady sez let him be...but i wanna save him a few embarrassin moments this season....
    Comments.....let 'er rip....
  • February 20, 2010 7:40 AM PST
    if you guys are tight, give him a little warning and just tell him, well, that is easy for me to say. harder to do, if you can approach it from an aspect of respect, and like i said, you guys are tight friends, he might get his feelings hurt, but will get over it. hell, put him infront of some other guys that feel the same and can back it up so it won't seem so personal. what i just said and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee, just my opinion brother.
    • 190 posts
    February 20, 2010 7:45 AM PST
    yeah....i plan to talk with him..he's a good dude with a good heart....he means well....no big deal really. I'll just put the bug in his ear..thanks man..
    • 1040 posts
    February 20, 2010 7:48 AM PST
    Just tell him Bro. Straight up talk amongst friends is the best medicine...JMHO...Good luck with it man!
  • February 20, 2010 9:06 AM PST
    Hell, let him wear what he wants to. fxr has his tie dye shirt on, I wear my overalls. If you're friends, a damn cap shouldn't even come into play. IMHO I wore a pair of sleep pants with pigs on it from Birmingham, Al to home cause it was so damn hot. Didn't give a flyin drunk rat's ass what anybody thought.
    • 1040 posts
    February 20, 2010 9:26 AM PST
    TheExtreme wrote...
    Hell, let him wear what he wants to. fxr has his tie dye shirt on, I wear my overalls. If you're friends, a damn cap shouldn't even come into play. IMHO I wore a pair of sleep pants with pigs on it from Birmingham, Al to home cause it was so damn hot. Didn't give a flyin drunk rat's ass what anybody thought.

LOL Bro!  My point is if Sing feels he needs ta say something; then just say it....and dear GAWD I'm glad them pants weren't pink.....were they? One things for sure; if they were, I damn sure wouldn't a said shit to ya about it...LOL
  • February 20, 2010 9:33 AM PST
    Pink Pig-------- Good BBQ logo Like that.!!
    • 1040 posts
    February 20, 2010 9:42 AM PST
    hgsc90 wrote...
    Pink Pig-------- Good BBQ logo Like that.!!

Yea, I forgot all about that. They got one over in Pensacola, but never ate there.

• February 20, 2010 10:06 AM PST
    I haven't seen the show. Is it really that bad? (No TV for quite a while - I do miss it sometimes) I think we always need to be able to talk with a friend open and honestly. That IS what it's about. Since you expressed this concern, obviously you care. We all need to be who we are... and I have found that my dearest friends take me exactly as i am. How important is it to you really? If the cap is ridiculous, well then, maybe he has to find his own way to lose it... even if you do scheme a little to make it happen.Good Luck.
  • February 20, 2010 10:14 AM PST
    fxrdude wrote...
    TheExtreme wrote...

LOL Bro!  My point is if Sing feels he needs ta say something; then just say it....and dear GAWD I'm glad them pants weren't pink.....were they? One things for sure; if they were, I damn sure wouldn't a said shit to ya about it...LOL

like fxr said, if sing feels he should say something that is his choice, extreme, were you wearing the shirt also?
    • 190 posts
    February 20, 2010 10:14 AM PST
    Funny Inga.....yeah..i think i'll just tell him to lose the damn poser cap and be done with it.....Shame..lol....he's still a good dude..lol.
    Next, we'll be seein guys sportin Wild Hogs centger pieces..
    Thanks doll..
  • February 20, 2010 10:17 AM PST
    Good points both way, if it is a problem to you tell him so but be kind! Other wise like Extreme said let him wear what he wants...would have loved to see those "sleep pants"(isn't that same as pajamas?) with the pigs on em! Where can I get some!
    • 190 posts
    February 20, 2010 10:17 AM PST
    Lest anyone should think otherwise I DID TELL THE DUDE TO LOSE THE CAP...A FEW TIMES.....lol...and none too subtle either...lol..
    whatever, whatever floats his boat,i guess. I do plan on showin him this page so he can lose his SOA Fan Club card.
  • February 20, 2010 10:38 AM PST
    Actually it was pigs on motorcycles. Sleep pants, jammies, whatever you want to call them. It was 105 when we left Birmingham and too damn hot for jeans. The funny thing is that I was 20 miles from home gassing up and an idiot slid up at the gas pump. I said a few choice words to him. He started to make a move. I stopped him and told him that I had ridden over 600 miles that day and was way too damn tired. He was also gonna be real embarrassed telling his friends that he got his ass whooped by a guy in his pajamas.
  • February 20, 2010 10:42 AM PST
    I would have liked to see those pig "sleep pants" too. Back to the cap... did he actually buy it???? or is there a story behind it? Hey, and don't forget how defiant some of us can be... speaking for myself of course, sometimes I keep pushing the envelope especially when i see somebody is twisted.... very bad, i know.
    • 1161 posts
    February 20, 2010 10:45 AM PST
    SingSing I can agree with the guy but if im riding im NOT going to have that s**t on my self it just asking for trouble and people giving you crap and pick fights.  Just tell him strait up bro,  I would want someone to tell me if I was worried about what others think of what I use as a hat or what ever.
    just my thought.
    • 19040 posts
    February 20, 2010 10:46 AM PST
    I have to go with extreme and fxr, let him do whatever he wants but, tell him your opinion. If you are really close either way it shouldn't matter
    • 190 posts
    February 20, 2010 11:06 AM PST
    Yep. its not that big a deal. I think this thread has exhausted itself.......
  • February 20, 2010 11:09 AM PST
    But we had fun didn't we? lol :-)
    • 2 posts
    February 20, 2010 11:20 AM PST
    If he is determined to be a loser offer to swap him a Detroit Lions cap
    • 190 posts
    February 20, 2010 9:10 PM PST
    LOL...LOL
  • g
    February 21, 2010 1:22 AM PST
    u got any photos dude ??
  • g
    February 21, 2010 1:29 AM PST
    and u think u have problems ...........................
    • 75 posts
    February 21, 2010 6:08 AM PST
    Is it any different from a musician wearing a "Pink Floyd" t-shirt? No. If your buddy was advertising his favorite band instead of his favorite TV show on his beanie, would it make a difference? The reality is that your friend IS a biker and the SOA crew is not. And only those that watch the show would even know what SOA is. Anybody that make fun of the cap only does so because they probably watch the show too and are probably closer to the category of poser than your friend is! I say live and let live. I'm not losing my cut because someone doesn't like that I have Jesus' name on my back or a patch on the front that shows I support B.A.C.A. I'm gonna stand with Extreme and Rex on this. Good thread Wayne!
    • 1040 posts
    February 21, 2010 6:15 AM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    If he is determined to be a loser offer to swap him a Detroit Lions cap

LOL!.....LOL!.....LOL!..............................................................OH! Did I say that was funny?