Rain gear which type do you have

• November 22, 2009 8:51 PM PST
    I use an oil-cloth duster and H-D gaiters. Works pretty good for me.
    • 1161 posts
    January 15, 2010 4:21 PM PST
    when I took the Riders Edge Course, I went to Walmart and got the cheapest 2 peice that would fit my Fat A$$. Still have not used it yet either tho.
  • January 15, 2010 4:24 PM PST
    Full leathers kept well waxed
    • 1780 posts
    January 16, 2010 4:16 AM PST
    Rain gear, Rain gear.......I don't need no stinking Rain gear.....

Night Dragon
  • g
    January 16, 2010 5:11 AM PST
    dont use the bike in the rain ,and if it does rain when im out ,then though shite .
    • 2 posts
    January 16, 2010 10:13 AM PST
    night dragon wrote...

Night Dragon
    About right - After a day in my Wally-World, vinyl rain suit even the dog used to avoid me.
    Bought some "Frogg-Toggs" but have not tried them yet.
  • January 16, 2010 4:48 PM PST
    I have used Frogg-Toggs for a year now and they work good. Do not let them touch your pipes, they melt in a second.
  • May 25, 2010 4:57 AM PDT
    Frogg Toggs are great. They store well. Only problem. They're like exhaust pipe magnets. Will need a rubber bank on your right leg.
  • May 25, 2010 5:07 AM PDT
    I agree with the must have boot covers. Best thing is to go with what suits you. Always a little trial and error. At one time I actually thought that a cheapo yellow rain-suit would work..........ripped apart after about ten minutes at speed....was quite hilarious actually!!!!!
  • May 25, 2010 5:27 AM PDT
    Chaps, Jacket, jungle boots, possibly a face mask. Works in very heavy rain and wind. Am dry inside, and the boots dry quickly. The boots are also very comfortable in summer heat.
    • 19040 posts
    May 25, 2010 5:44 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...

Night Dragon

Yeah!! that's what I say...

Unless your riding all day in driving rain. Then I usually stay parked....

• May 25, 2010 6:10 AM PDT
    I had a set of Wally-World Rain gear I bought 4 years ago. I gave it to Ray 2 weeks ago when he was over. I never took it out of the original packaging! Harness boots, Chaps and a Leather Jacket. That's been my rain gear...
    • 1066 posts
    May 25, 2010 6:11 AM PDT
    I'm about 40yrs. into the bike game, have never owned rain gear. I did have a poncho one time. It wasn't much good above 3mph, though.
    • 1040 posts
    May 25, 2010 6:52 AM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...
    I'm about 40yrs. into the bike game, have never owned rain gear. I did have a poncho one time. It wasn't much good above 3mph, though.

Well ain't that how fast ya drive when it rains anyway?    

• 2072 posts
    May 25, 2010 7:08 AM PDT
    Like the words to an old classic...."It never rains in California" !!!!! (Yea, right..... it's in the forecast for this afternoon !!)
  • May 26, 2010 12:39 AM PDT
    Hey Grunt, If you haven't got any rain gear yet, let me know what size you are and I'll send you a 2 piece set at no charge, if you'll give me a review on what you like or don't like about it. I don't intentionally ride in the rain, but just 2 weeks ago got caught in Concord, NC in a downpour, with nowhere to get out of the rain. If you ride in the South, the afternoon heat storms can catch you off guard. On long rides & trips, they are great to take along. The ones I have are bright yellow. If you are on the road in the rain, you NEED TO BE SEEN, by the idiot cagers. Let me know!
  • May 26, 2010 1:00 AM PDT
    GaryTJ wrote...
    The most important piece that I carry for rain is the Hwy bar chaps. Keeps my legs dry wearing just my leathers. 30seconds to put on.

I totally agree w/hwy bar chaps gary, also w/ early spring, late fall, keeps you warmer!
    • 568 posts
    May 26, 2010 1:17 AM PDT
     i don't have rain gear. and i ride in the rain. and i ride in ireland!
    LOL
  • May 26, 2010 1:57 AM PDT
    Usually in Florida when you see rain up ahead by the time you pull over, unstrap it and put it on the sun is shining again.
  • May 26, 2010 3:04 AM PDT
    I grabbed a pair from Jafrum.com ..... $29.95 and it's all I need. I don't normally like to ride in the rain but you never know out here in the Great Northwest when the sh*ts gonna hit so I carry these in my saddle bags at all time. But I do love the "My rain gear is the nearest bar!!! " Ohh yea ....
    • 601 posts
    May 26, 2010 11:28 AM PDT
    I find that Skiing gear is about the best, warm as well, and thats saying a lot coming from Ireland, where it rains on average 220 days a year
    • 19040 posts
    May 26, 2010 1:01 PM PDT
    Listen to what the folks in Ireland, Scotland and England say. They know rain!!!
    • 2072 posts
    May 26, 2010 1:14 PM PDT
    RIDE NEKID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 190 posts
    May 26, 2010 4:54 PM PDT
    I just bought the harley ride ready packable, cause I wanted something packable and with heat shields ( dont want meted plastic on my pipes) I'll try to pst after I use to let y'all know.
  • May 27, 2010 1:47 AM PDT
    North Wisconsin has some very cold wet opening fishing days. I have invested in the Economical (cheep) plastic and done the Garbage bag cover also but after a snow opening week end I stopped in a Gander Mountain Store. Much like Bass Pro. They had Guide Series treated heavy cotten with gortex lined 2 piece suits. Pants are tall bib with wide shoulder suspender straps. 3 velcro close patch pockets and velcro ankle straps and fly cover. Coat is same construction with 4 pockets, zipper close front with storm velcro flap cover. Hood is attached and foldable but light enough to be worn under helmet. I Safety Yellow with black contact patches (knees, inner legs, butt and elbows. Also has back vent and cover. Wrist is velcro close also. I have been on the 4 lanes for 8 hrs of rain at speed and had a small vee wet under my chin. Does not flap or flutter, can wear speedo or full leathers under the suit and be comfortable. Also comes in X small to XXX Large and Tall. Packs in a neat roll but not a Pocket size. My present suit is water resistant Kevelar that will take quit a lot of water and wind speed to dampen the content. Is also cool ride with air breathable material. Also comes with stom zip-in liner and cold quilt linning good for -20. does get warm sitting in a traffic stop on the panting steed. Wear it always and is machine washable. Also has Certified (?) Body Armor...All work great and been Personally Tested (weather and crash)